Moderator: Moderators

PetriFB
Banned
Banned

Baptism of the Holy Spirit

Post #1

Post by PetriFB »

http://koti.phnet.fi/elohim/baptism_of_the_Holy_Spirit

During the next pages, we are going to examine teachings on the baptism of the Holy Spirit, to which the next verses among other things refer. In the Bible it is also called by other names like filling with the Holy Spirit, the gift of the Holy Spirit, the promise of the Father, power from on high and so on, but we will use the baptism of the Holy Spirit in this text.

On the page of Jari Iivanainen is some good points relating to this subject.

chachynga
Apprentice

Re: Baptism of the Holy Spirit

Post #2

Post by chachynga »

all those things are different !

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by McCulloch »

Moved to Random Ramblings.
No clear question for debate.
Please refer to Tips on starting a debate topic.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

Suzanne
Scholar

Is this Baptism, being born of the Spirit REAL?

Post #4

Post by Suzanne »

McCulloch wrote:Moved to Random Ramblings.
No clear question for debate.
Please refer to Tips on starting a debate topic.
What say you McCulloch???
Do you believe the Baptism of the Holy Spirit is a REAL and present expierience to have upon one individual as it is written of being given in the Scripture and as told to Nicodemus as a MUST to enter into the kingdom of God???

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Re: Is this Baptism, being born of the Spirit REAL?

Post #5

Post by McCulloch »

Suzanne wrote:What say you McCulloch???
Do you believe the Baptism of the Holy Spirit is a REAL and present expierience to have upon one individual as it is written of being given in the Scripture and as told to Nicodemus as a MUST to enter into the kingdom of God???
Since you asked so nicely and this is random ramblings where evidence is not required, I will share my opinion.

I believe that the Baptism of the Holy Spirit seems real to the person who experiences it, just like many mystical conversion processes. Its reality is subjective, and like other faith based claims, completely impervious to proof or disproof.

I do not believe that the Holy Spirit, like all supernatural beings, exists.
Gospel of John

Suzanne
Scholar

Post #6

Post by Suzanne »

McCulloch wrote:
Suzanne wrote:What say you McCulloch???
Since you asked so nicely and this is random ramblings where evidence is not required, I will share my opinion.

I believe that the Baptism of the Holy Spirit seems real to the person who experiences it, just like many mystical conversion processes. Its reality is subjective, and like other faith based claims, completely impervious to proof or disproof.

I do not believe that the Holy Spirit, like all supernatural beings, exists.
Do you realize that what YOu are saying is that you DO NOT believe IN CREATOR GOD ALMIGHTY? nor JESUS THE RISEN CHRIST THAT CAME IN THE FLESH to SAVE THE WORLD and YOU AND I AND ALL MANKIND from the SIN WE ALL ARE already GUILTY OF??? and IN THIS you are also not believing in HIS HOLY SPIRIT. that is within all that COME testifying to HIs reality and PRESENCE within them SUCH AS I HAVE had for many years and HAVE not just had faith in BUT ALSO have had EVIDENCE of this MIRACLE of GOD ?? that only come in the first place because of FAITH IN HIM and HIS TRUTH THAT HE has had written FOR us to live by faith IN HIM . THROUGH HIM and BY HIM as being a CREATOR OF ALL THAT WAS IS AND EVER WILL BE???

Do you also then not believe that what has been written about what YOU DO to the lEAST of these YOU DO TO ME?? in other words because the TESTIMONY of Christ Jesus is the Spirit of prophecy YOU have not and do not believe this MESSENGER of HIS TRUTH that I sit here testifying to you of this very day??? IF ALL this is a TRUTH to you that YOU do not believe in one that comes that is VISABLE IN YOUR PRESENCE even now and even not being seen yet you still do not believe in MY HONESTY about what i tell you because IN TRUTH you do not believe me at all so therefore I am wasteing my time because if You cannot believe a TRUTH I HAVE SAID and told you about this BAPTISM THAT is A REAL EXPIERENCE with what proof I have had OF GODS TRUTH TO BE FAITHFUL in fulfilling HIS WORD HE HAS LEFT for us all to read and live by and believe and it is literally all around us and we are literally within HIS HEAVEN ALREADY then I cannot help you in anything to have you believe me and MY TRUTH I HAVE . so with that I shall leave. For if HONESTY is not needed nor believed by you then apparently it will be believed by NONE.. THAT are here . BECAUSE EVERYBODY IS blind that has NO EYES to SEE what they read from a SPIRIT BEING on the other side of your SCREEN of that COMPUTER of yours.

I have been in here for how long McColloch and I know yopu have read at least some of what i have been saying. I use my own name I hide nothing from none in here. I have POURED my HEART and Spirit out to all in here and NONE CARE and none want to know the truth about me or GOD , THE FATHER, THE SON, OR ABOUT HIS WORD of truths He has long ago had written about HIMSELF < HIS WORLD< OUR WORLD OUR HEAVEN WE EXIST IN OR THE LIGHT HE HAS GIVEN THE SON HE GAVE OR THE BLOOD HE SHED FOR ALL OF US . THAT WE MIGHT HAVE LIFE ETERNALLY .. THROUGH THAT VERY SPIRIT THAT WE GET BORN OF AND LEAVE WITH ALL THOSE WE LEAVE BEHIND when we no longer are here anymore to be seen by NOT even these that are not SEEING OR BEING SEEN BY US who have SEEN believed and HAVE ALSO entered into the KINGDOM that HE SPOKE ABOUT and SAID SEEK YE FIRST THE KINGDOM OF GOD. WELL I si ought it and I have found it apparently to many have yet to get there . and THE WORD IS FAITHFUL AND A TRUTH . YOU TOO shall WORK OUT YOUR OWN SALVATION. I have worked out mine THANK GOD FOR HIS BLOOD HIS MERCY AND HIS GRACE . FOR HE HAS LITERALLY SAVED a WRETCH LIKE ME. and I CAN take no GLORY FROM HIM at all FOR THAT for all GLORY IS DUE MY LORD AND SAVIOR .. SO I GIVE HIM ALL THE PRAISE IN JESUS NAME I ASK OF THE FATHER IN HEAVEN MAY YOU FIND YOUR SALVATION before DEATHS DOOR OPENS to RECIEVE YOU. AMEN AND TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY AMEN..

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #7

Post by McCulloch »

Suzanne wrote:Do you realize that what you are saying is that you do not believe in creator God Almighty?
Yes.
Suzanne wrote:Nor Jesus the risen Christ that came in the flesh to save the world and you and I and all mankind from the sin we all are already guilty of?
Yes.
Suzanne wrote:And in this you are also not believing in His Holy Spirit that is within all that come testifying to his reality and presence within them such as I have had for many years and have not just had faith in but also have had evidence of this miracle of God?
Yes, that would follow from the first two. I find that the so called evidence is unconvincing. You yourself have stated that you will not debate. Which is to say, you will not provide evidence.
Suzanne wrote:That only come in the first place because of faith in him and his truth that he has had written for us to live by faith in Him. Through Him and by Him as being a Creator of all that was is and ever will be?
I do not have the faith you are talking about. Surely you have noticed that by now.
Suzanne wrote:Do you also then not believe that what has been written about what you do to the least of these you do to Me [Jesus]?
Yes. Jesus died a long time ago. I can do nothing to or for him.
Suzanne wrote:In other words because the testimony of Christ Jesus is the spirit of prophecy you have not and do not believe this messenger of his truth that I sit here testifying to you of this very day?
Yes. You testify here. But your testimony consists of unsupported assertions. Where is the evidence?
Suzanne wrote:If all this is a truth to you that you do not believe in one that comes that is visible in your presence even now and even not being seen yet you still do not believe in my honesty about what I tell you because in truth you do not believe me at all so therefore I am wasting my time because if you cannot believe a truth I have said and told you about this baptism that is a real experience with what proof I have had of God's truth to be faithful in fulfilling his word he has left for us all to read and live by and believe and it is literally all around us and we are literally within his heaven already then I cannot help you in anything to have you believe me and my truth I have. So with that I shall leave.
I have not asked for your help. You are wasting your time if you do not provide convincing objective evidence.
Suzanne wrote:For if honesty is not needed nor believed by you then apparently it will be believed by none that are here.
You should not make generalizations about other people here based on my reactions. Honestly is very important to me. But I honestly have no way of knowing whether you are being honest or not. No slight intended, but to me you are simply someone who types messages into this forum. How can I validate the truth of what you say? Evidence. Logic. Reason. You have provided little of these.
Suzanne wrote:Because everybody is blind that has no eyes to see what they read from a Spirit being on the other side of your screen of that computer of yours.
As you have accurately pointed out, I do not believe that there is a Spirit on the other side of my screen or anywhere else. I have found no reason to believe that there is.
Suzanne wrote:I have been in here for how long McCulloch and I know you have read at least some of what I have been saying. I use my own name I hide nothing from none in here. I have poured my heart and spirit out to all in here and none care and none want to know the truth about me or God, the Father, the Son, or about his word of truths he has long ago had written about himself, his world, our world our heaven we exist in or the light he has given the Son he gave or the blood he shed for all of us that we might have life eternally.
Your sincerity, I do not question. I believe with all my heart that you sincerely believe all that you write here. But I believe that you are mistaken. I mean no insult, that is my honest opinion. You said that you wanted honesty. You have given me no reason to believe otherwise.
Suzanne wrote:Through that very Spirit that we get born of and leave with all those we leave behind when we no longer are here anymore to be seen by not even these that are not seeing or being seen by us who have seen believed and have also entered into the kingdom that he spoke about and said seek ye first the kingdom of God. Well, I sought it and I have found it apparently to many have yet to get there. And the Word is faithful and a truth. You too shall work out your own salvation. I have worked out mine thank God for his blood his mercy and his grace for he has literally saved a wretch like me. And I can take no glory from him at all for that for all glory is due my Lord and Savior. So I give him all the praise in Jesus name I ask of the Father in heaven may you find your salvation before deaths door opens to receive you. Amen and to God be all the glory amen.
I am glad that you find comfort and satisfaction from your beliefs. I do not share them.
Gospel of John