Godless - The Church of Liberalism

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Easyrider

Godless - The Church of Liberalism

Post #1

Post by Easyrider »

GODLESS – The Church of Liberalism - is the most explosive book yet from #1 New York Times bestselling author Ann Coulter. In this completely original and thoroughly controversial work, Coulter writes, “Liberals love to boast that they are not ‘religious,’ which is what one would expect to hear from the state-sanctioned religion. Of course liberalism is a religion. It has its own cosmology, its own miracles, its own beliefs in the supernatural, its own churches, its own high priests, its own saints, its own total worldview, and its own explanation of the existence of the universe. In other words, liberalism contains all the attributes of what is generally known as ‘religion.’ ” (Amazon.com review)

"If a Martian landed in America and set out to determine the nation's official state religion, he would have to conclude it is liberalism, while Christianity and Judaism are prohibited by law," Coulter writes in "Godless: The Church of Liberalism."

The WND columnist argues that while many Americans are outraged by liberal hostility to traditional religion, to focus solely on the Left's attacks on Judeo-Christian tradition is to miss a larger point: Liberalism is a religion—a godless one.

Chapter headings in Coulter's "Godless" include "On the Seventh Day, God Rested and Liberals Schemed" and "Liberals' Doctrine of Infallibility: Sobbing Hysterical Women" and "The Holiest Sacrament: Abortion."

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=50364

Let the fur fly. :D

Easyrider

Post #2

Post by Easyrider »

Well, there's no arguing that Ann Coulter is the antithesis of left winger Michael Moore. Both are bomb throwers, but both make for an interesting debate. Coulter does bring up some viewpoints that might well have a dash of truth in them. For instance, is there a far left liberal around here who believes in basic Biblical truths such as God the Creator, supernatural miracles, Jesus born of a virgin, Jesus' atoning death for sin at Calvary, his physical resurrection, Gospel authorship by Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, fornication, abortion, and gay sex being sins, and Christ the only way to heaven (John 14:6, etc.)?

harvey1
Prodigy

Re: Godless - The Church of Liberalism

Post #3

Post by harvey1 »

I think it's rather silly to say that "liberalism" is a religion. Liberalism is a multi-faceted political ideology which is very subjective and that many conservatives don't understand (or like), and therefore it is more enticing to make it into a religion which makes it easier to point one's laser beams at as inherently evil.
People say of the last day, that God shall give judgment. This is true. But it is not true as people imagine. Every man pronounces his own sentence; as he shows himself here in his essence, so will he remain everlastingly -- Meister Eckhart

sue

Post #4

Post by sue »

I saw her clip from the Today show where she's talking about the 9/11 widows. She says, "These broads are millionaires, lionized on TV and in articles about them, reveling in their status as celebrities and stalked by griefparrazies. I have never seen people enjoying their husband’s death so much."

I think she was expecting the segment to be all about her touting her new book, and wasn't prepared to be asked real questions. She certainly seemed to be caught off-guard.

Instead of Michael Moore, though, I'd liken her to Ted Rall. She even seems to agree with him on the widows, except that he had the gall to create his "Terror Widows" comic in 2002 and created quite a stir.

EDIT:
Bwahahaha.... http://www.gocomics.com/rallcom/
Last edited by sue on Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sue

Post #5

Post by sue »

harvey1 wrote:I think it's rather silly to say that "liberalism" is a religion. Liberalism is a multi-faceted political ideology which is very subjective and that many conservatives don't understand (or like), and therefore it is more enticing to make it into a religion which makes it easier to point one's laser beams at as inherently evil.
Both liberalism and conservatism is similar to a religion, though. Many people do have some stubborn beliefs that they haven't really substantiated (ie, they haven't watched the actual speech or read the actual bill). Many people on both sides of the aisle feel like "their side" is being victimized. These beliefs are usually transmitted to them via pundits. People on both sides enjoy proselytizing.

beliefs + victim mentality + charismatic leaders = potential extremism

theleftone

Post #6

Post by theleftone »

Dear Ann,

Stop stealing my faith's vocabulary to promote your politics.

Lainey
Scholar

Post #7

Post by Lainey »

Wh...? It's talking! I thought it was a rake! :shock:

They have a column of hers in the Calgary Sun now and again. I swear, that paper gets weirder and weirder every day.

Lovely how she ignores the refutations to her arguments against evolution. I can understand making a fool of yourself by accident, but to do it deliberately? :confused2: I wonder how she'd fare here.

In closing, let me just say that if her book was released yesterday, that must mean she's...THE ANTICHRIST!!! AAAUUUGGGHHH!!! :roll:

Easyrider

Post #8

Post by Easyrider »

Lainey wrote:Wh...? It's talking! I thought it was a rake! :shock:

They have a column of hers in the Calgary Sun now and again. I swear, that paper gets weirder and weirder every day.

Lovely how she ignores the refutations to her arguments against evolution. I can understand making a fool of yourself by accident, but to do it deliberately? :confused2: I wonder how she'd fare here.

In closing, let me just say that if her book was released yesterday, that must mean she's...THE ANTICHRIST!!! AAAUUUGGGHHH!!! :roll:
At least she has freedom of speech here in America, as opposed to having to kow-tow to the politically correct elitists, i.e.

'Bible as hate speech'
signed into law

Canadian measure said to 'chill' opposition to homosexual behavior

Canada's governor general, the representative of Queen Elizabeth II, signed into law yesterday a controversial measure opposed by religious believers and free-speech advocates who say it will criminalize public expression against homosexual behavior.

The bill, passed 59-11 by the Senate on Wednesday, adds sexual orientation as a protected category in Canada's genocide and hate-crimes legislation, which carries a penalty of up to five years in prison.
The House of Commons passed the bill in September, 141-110.

As WorldNetDaily reported, opponents have feared if it becomes law, the Bible will be deemed "hate literature" under the criminal code in certain instances, as evidenced by the case of a Saskatchewan man fined by a provincial human-rights tribunal for taking out a newspaper ad with Scripture references to verses about homosexuality.

The bill's sponsor, openly homosexual MP Svend Robinson, has insisted it protects religious expression, but opponents, such as the Canada Family Action Coalition, note recent court cases in which judges have favored homosexual rights when they clash with the rights of religious believers.

Some members of Parliament have called it a "dangerous" law that muzzles free speech, including Liberal Party member John McKay, who dubbed it a "chill bill."

"Anybody who has views on homosexuality that differ from Svend Robinson's will be exposed rather dramatically to the joys of the Criminal Code," McKay said last fall.
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=38268

Perhaps Canada is becoming (gasp) the Godless Church of Liberalism!

:lol:

1John2_26
Guru

Post #9

Post by 1John2_26 »

Ann Coulter is correct. Once these widows make a noise in the political realm they are to be challenged. The Left is using dirty politics far more than the right in using poor widows to do their propagandizing.

Go get 'em Ann.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #10

Post by McCulloch »

Question from a Moderator

What is the question for debate?
Easyrider wrote:GODLESS – The Church of Liberalism - is the most explosive book yet from #1 New York Times bestselling author Ann Coulter. In this completely original and thoroughly controversial work, Coulter writes, “Liberals love to boast that they are not ‘religious,’ which is what one would expect to hear from the state-sanctioned religion. Of course liberalism is a religion.
[...]
Let the fur fly. :D
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John