Godless - The Church of Liberalism

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Easyrider

Godless - The Church of Liberalism

Post #1

Post by Easyrider »

GODLESS – The Church of Liberalism - is the most explosive book yet from #1 New York Times bestselling author Ann Coulter. In this completely original and thoroughly controversial work, Coulter writes, “Liberals love to boast that they are not ‘religious,’ which is what one would expect to hear from the state-sanctioned religion. Of course liberalism is a religion. It has its own cosmology, its own miracles, its own beliefs in the supernatural, its own churches, its own high priests, its own saints, its own total worldview, and its own explanation of the existence of the universe. In other words, liberalism contains all the attributes of what is generally known as ‘religion.’ ” (Amazon.com review)

"If a Martian landed in America and set out to determine the nation's official state religion, he would have to conclude it is liberalism, while Christianity and Judaism are prohibited by law," Coulter writes in "Godless: The Church of Liberalism."

The WND columnist argues that while many Americans are outraged by liberal hostility to traditional religion, to focus solely on the Left's attacks on Judeo-Christian tradition is to miss a larger point: Liberalism is a religion—a godless one.

Chapter headings in Coulter's "Godless" include "On the Seventh Day, God Rested and Liberals Schemed" and "Liberals' Doctrine of Infallibility: Sobbing Hysterical Women" and "The Holiest Sacrament: Abortion."

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=50364

Let the fur fly. :D

MagusYanam
Guru

Post #131

Post by MagusYanam »

This might be a record for the number of lies in a single paragraph of text.
1John2_26 wrote:The scream bloody murder to keep abortion easy-access for any reason.
Liberalism tries to reduce the number of abortions by making families able to afford food, shelter, care and education for their children. Conservatives try to solve the problem, ineffectually, by 'screaming bloody murder'.
1John2_26 wrote:They want short-rehab for druggies instead of accounatbilty.
Liberals want more policemen on the streets to bust the scum who sell it, when all that money is being put into prisons to keep people in on possession charges.
1John2_26 wrote:Illicit sex and liberalism is the same thing.
Niebuhr had illicit sex? This is the first I've heard of it.

For the record, I'm celibate and am like to stay that way until I'm married.
1John2_26 wrote:And celebrating lascivious licentiousness has brought about the AIDS pandemic.
Talk won't spread AIDS, nor will it stop it, unless you mean to make people sufficient and responsible for their actions (the end goal of liberalism, theological or political).
1John2_26 wrote:The gay community is exclusively promoted by liberals.
Like Mary Cheney. Riiiiiight.
1John2_26 wrote:Enough of denying facts Magus.
Indeed. Enough of denying facts. It is clear that neither you nor Easyrider will listen to any form of reason, entertain any rational stipulation of what liberalism is, or take any argument seriously that challenges your little bubble, instead preferring to burn your own little straw men at your own little pet idols. So go ahead; I shake the dust from my shoes, I'm done with this thread.
If I am capable of grasping God objectively, I do not believe, but precisely because I cannot do this I must believe.

- Søren Kierkegaard

My blog

Scrotum
Banned
Banned

Post #132

Post by Scrotum »

For the record, I'm celibate and am like to stay that way until I'm married.
Personally, as a young man, I liked sex and feelt the natural urge to have it. No harm done there. Oppressing natural feelings, is, i understood, unhealthy.

But i wish you good luck. Do you have a picture of how you look? As this could give a hint of the ´reasons´to your "celibacy"...

:P
Talk won't spread AIDS, nor will it stop it, unless you mean to make people sufficient and responsible for their actions (the end goal of liberalism, theological or political).
So you mean all this INFORNATIOM that Swedish kids get (as example) DOES NOT reduce the spread of HIV aids?

Really, whas the logic behind that, as it contradicts all logic, and not to mention, knowledge about EDUCATION brings UNDERSTANDING.....
T: ´I do not believe in gravity, it´s just a theory

Jose
Guru

Post #133

Post by Jose »

1John2_24 wrote:celebrating lascivious licentiousness has brought about the AIDS pandemic.
What brought about the AIDS pandemic was starving people eating chimpanzees, which transferred Simian Immunodeficiency Virus to humans. A mutation or two occurred, allowing it to be transferred between humans (sound familiar? Kinda like avian flu.). Voila, Human Immunodeficiency Virus. Then what? Most of the world's HIV infections have resulted from plain old ordinary sex, in the absence of sex education. I'd think the greater danger is ignorance, not lasciviousness.
1John2_24 wrote:How many section eight "projects are there in the Hamptons? How many free clinics in Brentwood?
That's what's so cute about conservatives. They claim they're so moral, and then buy up all the land so no hippies can build free clinics to help those nasty poor people.
1John2_24 wrote:You mean in Colleges or Universities that cost tens of thousands of dollars year to make a person a leftist?
Have you ever thought about the significance of this? People go to college. They come out liberals. Yet, they don't teach "liberalism" in college. They teach regular old history, English, math, science, and boring old stuff like that. Sometimes, there's an exploratory course in Gender Differences and sometimes, if we're lucky, a program in recent history looking into the causes and repercussions of systematic repression of blacks or of women. What happens? It's horrible--people learn to think.

It's odd how thinking tends to correlate with liberalism.
1John2_24 wrote:Ask the slaughtered and raped Africans? Where are the hippies marching against the wars killing them?
The ones I know have gone to Africa to work in medical facilities or economic improvement projects.
Panza llena, corazon contento

harvey1
Prodigy

Post #134

Post by harvey1 »

Jose wrote:Have you ever thought about the significance of this? People go to college. They come out liberals. Yet, they don't teach "liberalism" in college. They teach regular old history, English, math, science, and boring old stuff like that. Sometimes, there's an exploratory course in Gender Differences and sometimes, if we're lucky, a program in recent history looking into the causes and repercussions of systematic repression of blacks or of women. What happens? It's horrible--people learn to think. It's odd how thinking tends to correlate with liberalism.
That's an interesting perspective, although I don't think it is the main reason for the growth of liberalism. In the 1960's it was a popular ideology that grew from decades of failed policies by conservative approaches to dealing with communism, civil rights, Vietnam, etc.. By the late 70's and early 80's came along, the perceived successes of fiscal policy lost their esteem in light of Milton Friedman's monetary policy which he won his nobel prize for. I would suggest that the successes of monetary policy made many people fiscal conservatives--even those coming out of colleges and universities view monetary policy as a success.

About a year and half ago I watched Galbraith and Friedman in an interview where Galbraith admitted (temporary) defeat to Friedman's ideas. That was an astounding interview that happens to those who pay attention to an argument that happens over the course of a lifetime. It would be like Quentin Smith admitting that William Lane Craig were (temporarily) correct in the year 2030.

In any case, Galbraith said the ink on this history lesson hasn't dried yet, and that his prediction is that market economies will eventually collapse. Friedman acknowledged that market economies collapse, and that this will probably usher in another generation "who knew not Joseph" and will seek Galbraith economics again. The cycle will repeat itself.

Isn't that cycle that which makes debates fun?
People say of the last day, that God shall give judgment. This is true. But it is not true as people imagine. Every man pronounces his own sentence; as he shows himself here in his essence, so will he remain everlastingly -- Meister Eckhart