Hell's Immigrants

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

WebersHome
Guru

Hell's Immigrants

Post #1

Post by WebersHome »

According to Jesus Christ's testimony as a credible expert witness in all matters pertaining to the afterlife; most of the world's responsible souls haven't been making it to safety when they cross over to the other side.

Luke 13:22-24 . . And he went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem. Then said one unto him, master, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them: Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Matt 7:13-14 . . Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Matt 22:14 . . For many are called, but few are chosen.

Webster's defines "many" as consisting of, or amounting to, a large but indefinite number; while "few" is defined as consisting of, or amounting to, only a small number; viz: relative to many then, few is the lesser. Bear with me while I flesh this out.

According to the US Census Bureau: as of Sept 18, 2017 @ 11:36 pm New York Time, the resident population in the United States was approximately 325,908,667 with a death rate of approximately one every 12 seconds; which translates to an average of 7,200 American deaths of all ages, races, and genders during just one 24-hour calendar day.

According to 2009 US Census data; roughly 27.3% of America's daily deaths are under the age of 19, which would indicate that approximately 5,234 of the current daily death rate per 24 hours are adults.

Giving the "many" the benefit of the doubt by limiting their maximum percentage to 51%, would indicate a minimum of 2,670 American adults transferring to perdition every day: which translates to roughly 111 per hour.

That's a very conservative estimate as Christ didn't really specify exact percentages to represent the quantities of "few" and "many". But just think: by the time CBS completes its half hour evening news report, a bare-bones minimum of 55 Americans become new arrivals in the fiery sector of the netherworld.

Using the ratio of 2,670 condemned souls per 325,908,667 population: computing the number of condemned souls worldwide from a currently estimated global population of 7,422,223,068 people, would suggest something like 60,806 new arrivals in the fiery sector of the netherworld every 24 hours; which translates to approximately 2,534 souls every sixty minutes on the clock.

That rate would fill the 51,800 seats of the new Yankee Stadium to capacity in roughly 20 hours and 44 minutes. In other words: if the world's daily number of condemned souls started filing into the stadium at 06:00 am this morning, then by 02:44 am tomorrow, the stadium would be full to capacity.

Christmas and New Year are even worse. A study done of 26 years of death certificates shows that coronary fatalities are, on average, 11.9% higher on those days than any other days of the year; with non-heart deaths spiking to 12.2% higher.

Christianity's hell never closes; no, not at all: it's open for business 24/7/365 nonstop and indifferent to global warming, Wall Street crashes, massive layoffs, outsourcing, high school shootings, terrorism, tsunamis, earthquakes, hurricanes, storm surges, nuclear meltdowns, air, water, and soil pollution, a mission to Mars, freeway pile-ups, brown-outs, threatened species, the price of oil, student debt, GMO, trade deficits, protests, Federal debt, factory recalls, outsourcing, overpopulation, desertification, genocides, revolutions, civil wars, acid rain, road rage, oil spills, conscious decoupling, ISIS, LGBT marriage, Obamacare, blood diamonds, fracking, twerking, and/or President Donald Trump's tweets.

If Christianity's perception of Jesus Christ and the hereafter is correct; then it's apparent that souls never stop cascading into the abyss in an endless procession like the unbelievable millions of poultry broilers passing annually through Tyson chicken-processing plants on their way to Wendy's, McDonalds, Carl's Junior, Jack in the Box, Burger King, Chic-fil-A, KFC, A&W, Arby's, Dairy Queen, Taco Bell, et al; and to supermarkets and restaurants all over the USA and wherever else Tyson vends its meats. The slaughtering and the butchering never stop.
_
Last edited by WebersHome on Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

WebersHome
Guru

Re: Hell's Immigrants

Post #161

Post by WebersHome »

There are people in this world who, by nature, are affection-challenged. They can't even feel anything for their own children, let alone other people. For them, parenting is a nightmare rather than a dream come true. Their children are a burden rather than a blessing. Children ruin those parents' lives instead of brightening them up and making their lives more worth the living.

However, affection-challenged people aren't damaged beyond repair because Christianity isn't entirely a do-it-yourself religion; it's also a supernatural religion; viz; part of the plan of salvation is regeneration.

Rom 8:11 . . If the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His spirit, who lives in you.

2Cor 4:16 . .Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.

Immigration Update: 1,230 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 74,791,380 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017.
_

amortalman
Site Supporter

Post #162

Post by amortalman »

[Replying to WebersHome in post #4]

What nightmarish thoughts! And what a lively imagination you have! Was there a reference in there anywhere as to where in the Bible you find such descriptions? I didn't think so. But I'll be waiting.

WebersHome
Guru

Post #163

Post by WebersHome »

The world death toll thus far due to the Coronavirus is in the neighborhood of 2,280,990.

That represents approximately .0294% of the world's recent population of 7,740,955,811 people, which is not even one percent; in point of fact, a good deal less than one percent.

In the future, Heaven will cause the world to turn on itself in an apparent attempt to self-destruct with weapons, disease, famine, and wild animals that will cause fully 25% to perish; i.e. one fourth. (Rev 6:7)

If perchance the world's population in that day is the same as now, then 1,935,238,953 people will lose their lives before the calamity is over; in other words: 1.93 billion. That's something like 848 times the number of world coronavirus deaths thus far.

Immigration Update: 1,235 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 75,095,410 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017.
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #164

Post by WebersHome »

Rev 8:7 . . The first angel sounded his trumpet, and there came hail and fire mixed with blood, and it was hurled down upon the earth. A third of the earth was burned up, a third of the trees were burned up, and all the green grass was burned up.

Although that event is depicted as something completed already, it's actually yet future. The apostle John wrote of something he was shown; like describing a movie.

The Greek word translated "grass" includes not only lawns and pastures, but also crops; particularly cereals, i.e. those farmed primarily for their grain; e.g. corn, wheat, oats, rye, and rice; et al.

Apparently their destruction isn't beyond recovery because grasses show up again in a later calamity. (Rev 9:4)

The purpose seems to be the destruction of one whole year's worth of global harvest. That could be very bad for 3rd world folk who live hand to mouth, viz: those whose very survival depends upon regular yields.

The cost of grain will already be in a state of inflation prior to the global destruction of the grasses (Rev 6:6). The calamity described in Rev 8:7 will surely drive up the cost of food even higher; possibly to the point where quite a few people around the world won't be able to get enough to eat as often as they'd like.

One third of all trees are slated for destruction too; which no doubt will affect not only those used for lumber, but also fruit trees, e.g. fig, orange, apple, apricot, prune, peach, cherry, banana, and olives etc; along with a number of those that produce nuts.

Immigration Update: 1,250 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 76,007,500 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017.
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #165

Post by WebersHome »

Righteousness and Justification are spoken of together in Rom 5:18 the same as they are in Rom 3:21-24. So then, if perchance someone is fortunate to obtain the righteousness, then they will automatically obtain the justification that goes along with it.

FYI: Righteousness pertains to innocence, and Justification pertains to acquittal.

For example: former US President Donald Trump was recently accused of insurrection. His accusers in the Senate failed to convict him, i.e. the majority voted for his innocence and consequently he was acquitted.

This is what God has done for some of us; except that He has declared us all guilty rather than innocent (Rom 3:23). However; via our faith in Jesus' blood as an adequate propitiation for our sins, God granted us an adjudication of innocence, and consequently an acquittal. It's all spelled out in Rom 3:21-28.

The first prayer I prayed that made some sense contained the words below:

"God, I know I'm a sinner. I would like to take advantage of your son's death"

My prayer wasn't much to brag about; but it was the smartest sixteen words I'd ever spoken up to that time.

Immigration Update: 1,255 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 76,311,530 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017.
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #166

Post by WebersHome »

Rev 13:15 . . He was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that it could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed.

That passage, taken from the book of Revelation, speaks of an oppressive regime.

To give an idea of the possible number of deaths that passage speaks of, it's only necessary to compare historical administrations similar to it. For example:

Russia's Bolsheviks and Joseph Stalin: 20 million

China's Mao Tse-tung: 40 million

North Korea's Kim Jong-un and Kim Jong-il: 3.5 million

Cambodia's Pol Pot: 3 million

TOTAL: 66.5 million

Those millions of people didn't lose their lives via foreign invasion. No, they lost their lives due to execution and starvation by the governments of their own countries who managed to condemn many of their citizens as traitors and/or enemies of the state; so it's easy to see that Rev 13:15's prediction isn't irregular but actually a fairly common practice among repressive governments within which there are few to zero checks and balances in place to prevent human rights abuses.

Immigration Update: 1,269 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 77,162,814 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017.
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #167

Post by WebersHome »

1John 4:10 . . .This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent His son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.

I wasn't especially fond of God at first. In point of fact, my beginning with God was fear rather than affection.

The way I figure it: God is stuck with eternal suffering and can't get out of it with any more ease than we can. For reasons I have yet to even guess, Hell is unavoidable because it's the right thing to do; i.e. it has to be done in order to satisfy a level of justice that our limited little minds will probably never be able to fully grasp.

Immigration Update: 1,273 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 77,406,038 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017.
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #168

Post by WebersHome »

OBJECTION: It is God's desire that everyone be saved. (1 Tim 2:4)

RESPONSE: It was likely God's desire that no one perish in the Flood, but many did anyway.

Immigration Update: 1,276 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 77,588,456 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017.
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #169

Post by WebersHome »

I don't have access to any of Christ's teachings in his own personal language; which could've been Hebrew and then again could've been Aramaic or even Latin. All I have access to are Greek versions of his teachings translated into English.

In several incidents, Jesus is recorded speaking of the afterlife by means of the Greek word háidēs (a.k.a. hades) which was doubtless borrowed from Hellenistic influences prevalent in that day.

The Greek's háidēs was believed to be a conscious afterlife where everybody went when they died regardless of age, race, gender, or religious preference; which of course implies that not only was the rich man of Luke 16:19-31 in háidēs but so were Abraham and Lazarus; even Jesus did some time there. (Matt 12:40 & Acts 2:25-31)

Something I had to learn early on as a Christian is that Jesus Christ is God's final word to mankind, viz: His son's teachings trump all other teachings that came before him including Moses, the prophets, David, Solomon, and Job too.

Incidentally, the correct word for "grave" in the New Testament isn't háidēs, it's actually mnemeion (mnay-mi' on), for example:

Matt 27:52-53 . . And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, and came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

Matt 27:59-60 . . And when Joseph had taken the body, he wrapped it in a clean linen cloth, and laid it in his own new tomb, which he had hewn out in the rock: and he rolled a great stone to the door of the sepulchre, and departed.

John 11:18 . . Then when Jesus came, he found that he had lain in the grave four days already.

John 11:38 . . Jesus therefore again groaning in himself cometh to the grave. It was a cave, and a stone lay upon it.

John 12:17 . . The people therefore that was with him when he called Lazarus out of his grave, and raised him from the dead, bare record.

Those are only a smattering of examples from the New Testament where grave is properly translated from mnemeion. Bible committees that render háidēs as grave do so arbitrarily, i.e. by interpretation rather than by translation. Caveat Lector.

Immigration Update: 1,279 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 77,770,874 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017.
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #170

Post by WebersHome »

Rev 20:14 . . Death was cast into the lake of fire.

This appears to address everything, anything, and everybody pertaining to, capable of, and/or categorized as Death; as opposed to everything, anything, and everybody pertaining to, capable of, and/or categorized as Life.

Death is usually thought of as an abstract, but I think that some aspects of it are tangible; or how else could Death be hurled as if it were a baseball or bounced like an unruly nightclub patron.

The sphere of Death is apparently much larger, far more encompassing, and a bit more complex, than meets the eye.

Immigration Update: 1,289 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 78,378,934 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017.
_
Last edited by WebersHome on Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.