Hell's Immigrants

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

WebersHome
Guru

Hell's Immigrants

Post #1

Post by WebersHome »

According to Jesus Christ's testimony as a credible expert witness in all matters pertaining to the afterlife; most of the world's responsible souls haven't been making it to safety when they cross over to the other side.

Luke 13:22-24 . . And he went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem. Then said one unto him, master, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them: Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Matt 7:13-14 . . Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Matt 22:14 . . For many are called, but few are chosen.

Webster's defines "many" as consisting of, or amounting to, a large but indefinite number; while "few" is defined as consisting of, or amounting to, only a small number; viz: relative to many then, few is the lesser. Bear with me while I flesh this out.

According to the US Census Bureau: as of Sept 18, 2017 @ 11:36 pm New York Time, the resident population in the United States was approximately 325,908,667 with a death rate of approximately one every 12 seconds; which translates to an average of 7,200 American deaths of all ages, races, and genders during just one 24-hour calendar day.

According to 2009 US Census data; roughly 27.3% of America's daily deaths are under the age of 19, which would indicate that approximately 5,234 of the current daily death rate per 24 hours are adults.

Giving the "many" the benefit of the doubt by limiting their maximum percentage to 51%, would indicate a minimum of 2,670 American adults transferring to perdition every day: which translates to roughly 111 per hour.

That's a very conservative estimate as Christ didn't really specify exact percentages to represent the quantities of "few" and "many". But just think: by the time CBS completes its half hour evening news report, a bare-bones minimum of 55 Americans become new arrivals in the fiery sector of the netherworld.

Using the ratio of 2,670 condemned souls per 325,908,667 population: computing the number of condemned souls worldwide from a currently estimated global population of 7,422,223,068 people, would suggest something like 60,806 new arrivals in the fiery sector of the netherworld every 24 hours; which translates to approximately 2,534 souls every sixty minutes on the clock.

That rate would fill the 51,800 seats of the new Yankee Stadium to capacity in roughly 20 hours and 44 minutes. In other words: if the world's daily number of condemned souls started filing into the stadium at 06:00 am this morning, then by 02:44 am tomorrow, the stadium would be full to capacity.

Christmas and New Year are even worse. A study done of 26 years of death certificates shows that coronary fatalities are, on average, 11.9% higher on those days than any other days of the year; with non-heart deaths spiking to 12.2% higher.

Christianity's hell never closes; no, not at all: it's open for business 24/7/365 nonstop and indifferent to global warming, Wall Street crashes, massive layoffs, outsourcing, high school shootings, terrorism, tsunamis, earthquakes, hurricanes, storm surges, nuclear meltdowns, air, water, and soil pollution, a mission to Mars, freeway pile-ups, brown-outs, threatened species, the price of oil, student debt, GMO, trade deficits, protests, Federal debt, factory recalls, outsourcing, overpopulation, desertification, genocides, revolutions, civil wars, acid rain, road rage, oil spills, conscious decoupling, ISIS, LGBT marriage, Obamacare, blood diamonds, fracking, twerking, and/or President Donald Trump's tweets.

If Christianity's perception of Jesus Christ and the hereafter is correct; then it's apparent that souls never stop cascading into the abyss in an endless procession like the unbelievable millions of poultry broilers passing annually through Tyson chicken-processing plants on their way to Wendy's, McDonalds, Carl's Junior, Jack in the Box, Burger King, Chic-fil-A, KFC, A&W, Arby's, Dairy Queen, Taco Bell, et al; and to supermarkets and restaurants all over the USA and wherever else Tyson vends its meats. The slaughtering and the butchering never stop.
_
Last edited by WebersHome on Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

WebersHome
Guru

Re: Hell's Immigrants

Post #231

Post by WebersHome »

Although church attendance is oftentimes thought of as worship, in reality it's not quite.

John 4:21 . . Jesus declared: Believe me, woman, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem.

* Jerusalem is the Temple site-- the very hub of worship --yet Jesus ranks it below something far more important.

Real worship begins in the heart; as an attitude.

John 4:22-24 . . A time is coming, and has now come, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth.

The Greek word translated "worship" in that passage is proskuneo (pros koo neh'-o) which roughly pertains to kissing someone's hand-- fawning and/or crouching, and/or prostrating oneself in homage; i.e. reverence.

That all strongly suggests groveling; defined by Webster's as creeping with the face to the ground, i.e. crawling with the body prostrate in token of subservience or abasement; for example:

Matt 5:3 . . Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Matt 5:5 . . Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.

Matt 5:9 . . Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God.

No amount of church attendance, nor any amount of liturgy, can substitute for the proper spirit in one's approach to God. If truth be known, there are countless thousands of folk attending church with whom God would be just as pleased if they went to a sports bar instead because their presence in church offends His sensibilities and makes Him nauseous.

Immigration Update: 1,698 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 103,248,588 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #232

Post by WebersHome »

Well, since my baby left me,
I found a new place to dwell.
It's down at the end of Lonely Street at
Heartbreak Hotel

Although it's always crowded,
You still can find some room
For broken-hearted lovers
To cry there in their gloom

That song, by Elvis Presley back in 1956, was very popular; and useful for depicting some of the conditions folks might expect in the netherworld should they end up on the wrong side of things. For example: just as Elvis' hotel always has a vacancy, so the netherworld too.

Prov 30:15-16 . . There are three things that will not be satisfied-- four that will not say, "Enough"

One of the four listed in that passage is Sheol, a.k.a. Hades.

And then there's "cry there in their gloom"

Matt 13:40-42 . . As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world. The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; and shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Immigration Update: 1,704 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 103,613,424 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #233

Post by WebersHome »

Heb 6:4-6 . . For it is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age, if they fall away, to be brought back to repentance, because to their loss they are crucifying the Son of God afresh and subjecting him to public disgrace.

We know that with God nothing is impossible. So, I think we have to acquiesce that the impossibility spoken of here is so because God has made it His mission in life, so to speak, to assure that folks blessed with the level of advantages spoken of here are never to be given an opportunity to reconsider-- ever.

Immigration Update: 1,712 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 104,099,872 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #234

Post by WebersHome »

Matt 13:10 . . And the disciples came and said to him: Why do you speak to them in parables?

Jesus answered their inquiry by referring to an incident in the 6th chapter of Isaiah's prophecy wherein God had lost interest in numbers of His people because they had lost interest in Him.

The Jews' spiritual condition was little different in Jesus' day, i.e. many were called but few chosen, and that's because the many were indifferent; which isn't an appropriate response.

1Sam 3:19 . .The Lord was with Samuel as he grew up, and he let none of His words fall to the ground.

Immigration Update: 1,735 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 105,498,410 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #235

Post by WebersHome »

I suspect that quite a few Gentiles are unaware that neither the kingdom of Heaven, nor the Kingdom of God, will be established up above in some sort of celestial sphere.

Those kingdom terms speak of Messiah's kingdom which-- as any Jew sufficiently trained in the five books of Moses, and in the Psalms and the Prophets knows --is right down here where we are now; on the third rock from the sun.

Matt 5:5 . . Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

That being the case, then everyone today is situated in Messiah's realm. His homeland is of course the State of Israel, but his jurisdiction encompasses the entire globe; and one day he'll depose this world's governments and set up his own. (Ps 2:1-12)

* It's said that some folks can't see the forest because the trees are blocking their view. I think that saying easily applies to Messiah's kingdom.

Luke 17:20-21 . .The kingdom of God is not coming with signs to be observed; nor will they say: Look, here it is!' nor: There it is! For behold; the kingdom of God is in your midst

Immigration Update: 1,739 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 105,741,634 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #236

Post by WebersHome »

I'd imagine the hardest part about Heaven is not getting there, but staying there.

Some years ago it occurred to me that it's very easy for me to live in this world, but Heaven would require a level of piety and self control that I was pretty sure I couldn't keep up forever. Sooner or later I'd mess up and get thrown out. But if it were just as easy for me to live in Heaven as it is for me to live in this world, then for sure I'd never get thrown out of Heaven.

In other words: if only thinking, feeling, and acting like God came just as natural to me as thinking, feeling, and acting like a human; then that would be the cat's meow.

Immigration Update: 1,756 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 106,775,336 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

amortalman
Site Supporter

Post #237

Post by amortalman »

[Replying to WebersHome in post #1]

Well stated! Because God is all-knowing he knew when he scraped up some dust to make Adam and then snatched one of his ribs to make Eve that the vast majority of the billions of people who would ever live would eventually end up in the lake of fire, in unimaginable pain and mental suffering without a hope or prayer of ever getting out. So, all you believers, you had better hope the atheists are right 'cause you don't really know what this monster might do to you in heaven. He definitely has a thing for creating living creatures for suffering. I wonder if he created people on any of the other billions of planets out there? Damn! Hell might be as big as a galaxy!

WebersHome
Guru

Post #238

Post by WebersHome »

Deut 34:5-6 . . Moses the servant of The Lord died there in the land of Moab, according to the word of The Lord. And He buried him in the valley in the land of Moab, opposite Beth-peor; but no man knows his burial place to this day.

A very curious scene unfolded during Moses' burial.

Jude 1:9 . . Michael the archangel, when he disputed with the Devil and argued about the body of Moses, did not dare to accuse him of blaspheme, but said: "The Lord rebuke you."

* Though the passage above shows God responsible for Moses' burial, the actual labor was apparently assigned.

Anyway; if the Devil would interfere with the burial of a holy man like Moses, then I think we can safely assume he (or one of his minions) probably interferes with the burials of ordinary folk too; and I should think the smartest way for him to interfere is to ensure the minister comes out with nothing useful in his eulogy; but instead with the usual mushy rhetoric by which nobody hearing it can be saved. (Just goes to show that the Devil is not above walking over the bones of the dead to get what he wants.)

Immigration Update: 1,775 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 107,930,650 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #239

Post by WebersHome »

God prohibits dishonesty.

Lev 19:11 . . You shall not deal falsely, neither lie one to another.

I think it's probably safe to posit that more liars are now, and more liars will be, in Hell than gays and lesbians simply because deceit, deception, fraud, cover-ups, dissembling, cheating, false impressions, pretense, and half truths are far more common.

Rev 21:8 . . . All liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.

Immigration Update: 1,792 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 108,964,352 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

Diagoras
Guru

Post #240

Post by Diagoras »

[Replying to WebersHome in post #1]
If Christianity's perception of Jesus Christ and the hereafter is correct; then it's apparent that souls never stop cascading into the abyss
And what if it isn’t correct?