Hell's Immigrants

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

WebersHome
Guru

Hell's Immigrants

Post #1

Post by WebersHome »

According to Jesus Christ's testimony as a credible expert witness in all matters pertaining to the afterlife; most of the world's responsible souls haven't been making it to safety when they cross over to the other side.

Luke 13:22-24 . . And he went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem. Then said one unto him, master, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them: Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Matt 7:13-14 . . Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Matt 22:14 . . For many are called, but few are chosen.

Webster's defines "many" as consisting of, or amounting to, a large but indefinite number; while "few" is defined as consisting of, or amounting to, only a small number; viz: relative to many then, few is the lesser. Bear with me while I flesh this out.

According to the US Census Bureau: as of Sept 18, 2017 @ 11:36 pm New York Time, the resident population in the United States was approximately 325,908,667 with a death rate of approximately one every 12 seconds; which translates to an average of 7,200 American deaths of all ages, races, and genders during just one 24-hour calendar day.

According to 2009 US Census data; roughly 27.3% of America's daily deaths are under the age of 19, which would indicate that approximately 5,234 of the current daily death rate per 24 hours are adults.

Giving the "many" the benefit of the doubt by limiting their maximum percentage to 51%, would indicate a minimum of 2,670 American adults transferring to perdition every day: which translates to roughly 111 per hour.

That's a very conservative estimate as Christ didn't really specify exact percentages to represent the quantities of "few" and "many". But just think: by the time CBS completes its half hour evening news report, a bare-bones minimum of 55 Americans become new arrivals in the fiery sector of the netherworld.

Using the ratio of 2,670 condemned souls per 325,908,667 population: computing the number of condemned souls worldwide from a currently estimated global population of 7,422,223,068 people, would suggest something like 60,806 new arrivals in the fiery sector of the netherworld every 24 hours; which translates to approximately 2,534 souls every sixty minutes on the clock.

That rate would fill the 51,800 seats of the new Yankee Stadium to capacity in roughly 20 hours and 44 minutes. In other words: if the world's daily number of condemned souls started filing into the stadium at 06:00 am this morning, then by 02:44 am tomorrow, the stadium would be full to capacity.

Christmas and New Year are even worse. A study done of 26 years of death certificates shows that coronary fatalities are, on average, 11.9% higher on those days than any other days of the year; with non-heart deaths spiking to 12.2% higher.

Christianity's hell never closes; no, not at all: it's open for business 24/7/365 nonstop and indifferent to global warming, Wall Street crashes, massive layoffs, outsourcing, high school shootings, terrorism, tsunamis, earthquakes, hurricanes, storm surges, nuclear meltdowns, air, water, and soil pollution, a mission to Mars, freeway pile-ups, brown-outs, threatened species, the price of oil, student debt, GMO, trade deficits, protests, Federal debt, factory recalls, outsourcing, overpopulation, desertification, genocides, revolutions, civil wars, acid rain, road rage, oil spills, conscious decoupling, ISIS, LGBT marriage, Obamacare, blood diamonds, fracking, twerking, and/or President Donald Trump's tweets.

If Christianity's perception of Jesus Christ and the hereafter is correct; then it's apparent that souls never stop cascading into the abyss in an endless procession like the unbelievable millions of poultry broilers passing annually through Tyson chicken-processing plants on their way to Wendy's, McDonalds, Carl's Junior, Jack in the Box, Burger King, Chic-fil-A, KFC, A&W, Arby's, Dairy Queen, Taco Bell, et al; and to supermarkets and restaurants all over the USA and wherever else Tyson vends its meats. The slaughtering and the butchering never stop.
_
Last edited by WebersHome on Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

WebersHome
Guru

Re: Hell's Immigrants

Post #191

Post by WebersHome »

2Cor 5:11 . . Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men;

The Greek word translated "knowing" means to know firsthand, viz: by experience rather than by education and/or instruction.

In other words; there were incidents at various times in the lives of Paul and his contemporaries when God frightened them, i.e. scared 'em out of their wits.

I have been challenged on occasion as to how I know for sure that my religion is true. Well; there's nothing like a good old fashioned close encounter of a third kind to convince even the most resistant skeptics; and Paul's history attests that his was a really stubborn case.

Of course if any of us were to claim to "know" the terror of the Lord, we'd be singled out as kooks and crackpots; but for some of us, fear is the only persuasion that works.

Immigration Update: 1,371 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 83,365,026 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017.
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #192

Post by WebersHome »

1Cor 3:22-23 . . Everything belongs to you-- Paul and Apollos and Peter --the whole world and life and death; the present and the future. Everything belongs to you, and you belong to Christ, and Christ belongs to God.

People incarcerated in the fiery section of Hades may or may not be fully aware of all they've lost. Many are doubtless aware of at least their loss of immortality; but I'm not so sure they know about the extent of their loss because not even that many Christians are aware of all they've gained by their position in Christ.

1Cor 3:22-23 refers to Rom 8:17 where believers are depicted by a Greek word that pertains to heirs in common, i.e. joint-heirs. Regular heirs each receive an individually specified portion of a benefactor's estate whereas heirs in common each take possession of the whole shebang, i.e. whatever the Father bequeathed His son, He bequeathed everyone in His son.

For example: supposing a benefactor's estate totals 60 acres of land plus $10,000 in a bank account, and he left it all to six heirs in common. In that situation; the heirs are corporately one beneficiary instead of six; viz: all six inherit the 60 acres and the $10k as if each one were the only heir.

The extent of Jesus' inheritance is astonishing. It encompasses not only all that is in Heaven, but also whatever pertains to the new cosmos spoken of in Isa 66:17, 2Pet 3:13, and Rev 21:1; and I don't know what else.

John 3:35 . .The Father loves the Son, and has given all things into His hand.

John 16:15 . . All things that the Father has are mine

Heb 2:5 . . It is not to angels that he has subjected the world to come

Fortunately Jesus has been appointed the estate's chief executive officer because I don't think anybody else among men could ever be competent enough to manage a going concern so complex and so vast.

Immigration Update: 1,375 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 83,608,250 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017.
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #193

Post by WebersHome »

Christ is often thought of as a pacifist. But the fact of the matter is, Christ and the Old Testament's fearsome God are in total agreement.

John 10:30 . . I and my Father are unified.

In other words; Christ would never disapprove of the Flood, nor of the incineration of Sodom and Gomorrah. In point of fact, via the person of the Word of God depicted in the opening verses of John's gospel; the gentle Jesus was on hand for those events, and only too happy to lend a hand.

John 8:29 . . He that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please Him.

It sometimes puzzles me why Christ's enemies weren't more afraid of him because when you think about it: if he could cure blindness, then he could just as easily cause it, and if he could cure paralysis, then he could just as easily cause that too; and if he could cure the deaf and the dumb, then he could just as easily take away people's ability to speak and hear; and if he could cure leprosy, then he could just as easily infect people with it.

And if he could multiply a little to feed thousands, then he could just as easily thwart abundance to cause the starvation of millions; and if he could calm a storm, then he could just as easily generate a hurricane; and if he could replace a severed ear, then he could just as easily remove an ear; and if he could turn water into wine, then he could just as easily turn water into acid; and if he could exorcise demons, then he could just as easily muster demons for wide-spread possession.

The first time Christ came, he came as a victim; the next time he will come as a conqueror. One day out ahead, the sweet little babe away in manger is taking the reins of this planet, and his administration will be neither soft hearted nor soft headed.

Ps 2:9-12 . .You will rule them with an iron scepter; you will dash them to pieces like pottery. Therefore, you kings, be wise; be warned, you rulers of the earth. Serve The Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the son, lest he be angry and you be destroyed in your way, for his wrath can flare up in a moment.

Immigration Update: 1,378 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 83,790,668 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #194

Post by JoeyKnothead »

WebersHome wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:47 am 1,378 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 83,790,668 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
It's sure a whole heck of a lot easier to make claims here in Random Ramblings, where they remain safe from scrutiny.

Lets see how the claims fare in the actual debate section of the site...

New arrivals in Hades.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

WebersHome
Guru

Post #195

Post by WebersHome »

I once heard an interviewed US Navy SEAL explain how that if SEALs were to play hop scotch, it would turn violent because they don't like to lose.

There's a humorous incident depicted in Dante's Inferno where these two guys, who were bitter rivals in life, are quarreling over who deserves to be in Hell more than the other.

Well; I think it goes without saying that people competitive to the bone are not the kind of folk with whom God prefers to associate.

Matt 5:9 . . Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God.

Immigration Update: 1,379 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 83,851,474 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #196

Post by JoeyKnothead »

WebersHome wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:02 pm .
I once heard an interviewed US Navy SEAL explain how that if SEALs were to play hop scotch, it would turn violent because they don't like to lose.

I once, actually more'n once, heard Santa Claus was real, only he didn't fuss him too much into the poor parts of town.

There's a humorous incident depicted in Dante's Inferno where these two guys, who were bitter rivals in life, are quarreling over who deserves to be in Hell more than the other.

Well; I think it goes without saying that people competitive to the bone are not the kind of folk with whom God prefers to associate.
Only don't it beat all, there ain't it the first person on this entire planet who can show God figures on him some associating.
Matt 5:9 . . Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God.
Cause, of course, bashing babies against the rocks is such a peaceful activity.
Immigration Update: 1,379 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 83,851,474 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_
Ever notice how some theists join em up on a debate site, then tuck their tails twixt their legs, ashuffling em off into the part of it, where they ain't expected to show they speak truth?

Ever notice how the liar lies, and the preacher preaches?
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

WebersHome
Guru

Post #197

Post by WebersHome »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:26 pmCause, of course, bashing babies against the rocks is such a peaceful activity.
Noah's flood no doubt took the lives of quite a few underage children; along with expecting moms, handicap folks, and senior citizens.

If the adults in Nineveh hadn't heeded Jonah's warning, something like 120,000 underage children would've been collateral damage in the city's destruction.

Out ahead is predicted a global earthquake so powerful on the Richter scale that cities all over the world will collapse at once.

Something like 2,829 lost their lives when the World Trade Center was demolished by a terrorist attack in 2001. Well that was only a few acres of New York City. Just imagine the body count when all of Manhattan comes down at once. along with other major cities like Los Angeles, San Francisco, Mexico City, Paris, Moscow, Beijing, Tokyo, et al. The carnage will be beyond belief; and a great many of the dead will be infants and underage children.

The Bible says that we should consider not only God's benevolence, but also His severity. We're dealing with a someone far more terrifying than even North Korea, Communist China, and/or regimes in Africa.

Immigration Update: 1,380 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 83,912,280 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #198

Post by WebersHome »

Years ago it wasn't unusual to be called a religious fanatic for believing the Genesis account of the creation of Man. Well; recently somebody online called me an ignorant bigot because I stand by the Bible's physical gender designations and refuse to accept the new political designations, e.g. transgender and non binary.

Ps 2:1-5 . . Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against The Lord, and against His anointed, saying: Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision. Then shall He speak unto them in His wrath, and vex them in His sore displeasure.

Awww-Haw-Haw-Haw-Haw-Hawwwwwww . . !!

Do they seriously think that the One who intelligently designed the cosmos-- all of its forms of life, matter, and energy --won't have the last word on this matter of gender identity?

NOTE: I typically avoid posting mockery but In this case I sort of have to because the second Psalm pretty much requires it.

Immigration Update: 1,383 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 84,094,498 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #199

Post by WebersHome »

When God is ignored; He can be expected to reciprocate.

Prv 1:24-33 . . I called you so often, but you didn't come. I reached out to you, but you paid no attention. You ignored my advice and rejected the correction I offered. So I will laugh when you are in trouble! I will mock you when disaster overtakes you-- when calamity overcomes you like a storm, when you are engulfed by trouble, and when anguish and distress overwhelm you.

. . . I will not answer when they cry for help. Even though they anxiously search for me, they will not find me. For they hated knowledge and chose not to fear The Lord. They rejected my advice and paid no attention when I corrected them. That is why they must eat the bitter fruit of living their own way. They must experience the full terror of the path they have chosen. For they are simpletons who turn away from me-- to death. They are fools, and their own complacency will destroy them. But all who listen to me will live in peace and safety, unafraid of harm.

Case in point is Mr. Esau.

"Esau, who sold his own birthright for a single meal. For you know that even afterwards, when he desired to inherit the blessing, he was rejected, for he found no place for repentance, though he sought for it with tears." (Heb 12:16-17)

The Greek word translated "repentance" is metanoia (met-an'-oy-ah) which essentially means to change one's mind; viz: to reconsider.

Esau was secular to the bone. But he "got religion" right quick when he saw his way of life costing him the blessing; but alas, the poor slob was a day late and a dollar short; so to speak.

Lesson to be learned: The time for people to believe in Hell is not when they get there, rather, before they get there.

Immigration Update: 1,387 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 84,337,922 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #200

Post by WebersHome »

Gen 38:15 . .When Judah saw her, he thought she was a prostitute, for she had covered her face.

The particular kind of prostitute in this episode is from the Hebrew word qedeshah (ked-ay-shaw') which isn't your typical working girl, but rather a devotee raising money for an established religion (Gen 38:21) typically a pagan kind of religion centered upon the worship of a goddess like Ashtoreth (a.k.a. Astarte). So one might say that a qedeshah's services were for a worthy cause.

Gen 38:16-17 . . Not realizing that she was his daughter-in-law, he went over to her by the roadside and said: Come now, let me sleep with you. And what will you give me to sleep with you? she asked. I'll send you a young goat from my flock; he said. Will you give me something as a pledge until you send it? she asked.

The Hebrew word for "pledge" in that passage is 'arabown (ar-aw-bone') which means property given as security-- viz: collateral --as in a pawn shop or a bank loan. This is the very first place in the Bible where that word is used. In the usury business, an 'arabown is forfeited if the borrower fails to repay his loan; i.e. make good on his promise. This is a very important element in the divine plan.

"In him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is the pledge of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory." (Eph 1:13-14)

The Greek word for "pledge" in that passage is arrhabon (ar-hrab-ohn') which means essentially the same as the Hebrew word 'arabown except that the Greek word indicates a little something extra.

Real estate transactions usually involve a sum called the earnest money. Although it may be applied towards the purchase price of property, earnest money itself serves a specific purpose of its own in the real estate business. In some quarters; this is also called good-faith money.

When the contract, and all the other necessary documents are submitted to Escrow, the buyer is required to also submit a token amount of the purchase price. It's usually a relatively small number of dollars compared to the full price of the property. I think ours was just $1,000 back in 1988 on a $74,000 home. When the buyer follows through on their intent to purchase the property, the good-faith money (minus some Escrow fees of course) goes towards the purchase.

However, if the buyer decides to renege, then they forfeit the good faith money. No doubt that's done to discourage vacillating buyers from fiddling around with other people's time and money.

So then, since God's Spirit is the earnest depicted in Eph 1:13-14; then, according to the principles underlying the arrhabon, should God betray a believer's trust by reneging on His promise to spare people who hear and believe the gospel, then He forfeits; and the believer gets to keep the Spirit regardless of their afterlife destiny.

But of course God won't renege because doing so would not only embarrass Himself, but embarrass His son too as Jesus has given his word that believers have nothing to fear.

"I assure you, those who heed my message, and believe in God who sent me, have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death into life." (John 5:24)

There are people who actually believe the Bible's God can get away with reneging on His promises. A belief of that nature of course eo ipso insinuates that He lacks integrity, i.e. the Bible's God is capable of dishonesty and can't be trusted to make good on anything He says.

Immigration Update: 1,391 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 84,581,146 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_