Hell's Immigrants

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

WebersHome
Guru

Hell's Immigrants

Post #1

Post by WebersHome »

According to Jesus Christ's testimony as a credible expert witness in all matters pertaining to the afterlife; most of the world's responsible souls haven't been making it to safety when they cross over to the other side.

Luke 13:22-24 . . And he went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem. Then said one unto him, master, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them: Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Matt 7:13-14 . . Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Matt 22:14 . . For many are called, but few are chosen.

Webster's defines "many" as consisting of, or amounting to, a large but indefinite number; while "few" is defined as consisting of, or amounting to, only a small number; viz: relative to many then, few is the lesser. Bear with me while I flesh this out.

According to the US Census Bureau: as of Sept 18, 2017 @ 11:36 pm New York Time, the resident population in the United States was approximately 325,908,667 with a death rate of approximately one every 12 seconds; which translates to an average of 7,200 American deaths of all ages, races, and genders during just one 24-hour calendar day.

According to 2009 US Census data; roughly 27.3% of America's daily deaths are under the age of 19, which would indicate that approximately 5,234 of the current daily death rate per 24 hours are adults.

Giving the "many" the benefit of the doubt by limiting their maximum percentage to 51%, would indicate a minimum of 2,670 American adults transferring to perdition every day: which translates to roughly 111 per hour.

That's a very conservative estimate as Christ didn't really specify exact percentages to represent the quantities of "few" and "many". But just think: by the time CBS completes its half hour evening news report, a bare-bones minimum of 55 Americans become new arrivals in the fiery sector of the netherworld.

Using the ratio of 2,670 condemned souls per 325,908,667 population: computing the number of condemned souls worldwide from a currently estimated global population of 7,422,223,068 people, would suggest something like 60,806 new arrivals in the fiery sector of the netherworld every 24 hours; which translates to approximately 2,534 souls every sixty minutes on the clock.

That rate would fill the 51,800 seats of the new Yankee Stadium to capacity in roughly 20 hours and 44 minutes. In other words: if the world's daily number of condemned souls started filing into the stadium at 06:00 am this morning, then by 02:44 am tomorrow, the stadium would be full to capacity.

Christmas and New Year are even worse. A study done of 26 years of death certificates shows that coronary fatalities are, on average, 11.9% higher on those days than any other days of the year; with non-heart deaths spiking to 12.2% higher.

Christianity's hell never closes; no, not at all: it's open for business 24/7/365 nonstop and indifferent to global warming, Wall Street crashes, massive layoffs, outsourcing, high school shootings, terrorism, tsunamis, earthquakes, hurricanes, storm surges, nuclear meltdowns, air, water, and soil pollution, a mission to Mars, freeway pile-ups, brown-outs, threatened species, the price of oil, student debt, GMO, trade deficits, protests, Federal debt, factory recalls, outsourcing, overpopulation, desertification, genocides, revolutions, civil wars, acid rain, road rage, oil spills, conscious decoupling, ISIS, LGBT marriage, Obamacare, blood diamonds, fracking, twerking, and/or President Donald Trump's tweets.

If Christianity's perception of Jesus Christ and the hereafter is correct; then it's apparent that souls never stop cascading into the abyss in an endless procession like the unbelievable millions of poultry broilers passing annually through Tyson chicken-processing plants on their way to Wendy's, McDonalds, Carl's Junior, Jack in the Box, Burger King, Chic-fil-A, KFC, A&W, Arby's, Dairy Queen, Taco Bell, et al; and to supermarkets and restaurants all over the USA and wherever else Tyson vends its meats. The slaughtering and the butchering never stop.
_
Last edited by WebersHome on Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

WebersHome
Guru

Re: Hell's Immigrants

Post #201

Post by WebersHome »

Below is an hypothetical spiritual counseling session.

INQUIRER: Is there any way I can know for sure whether I have been given the earnest of the Spirit in accord with Eph 1:13-14?

COUNSELOR: Would you like a short answer, a medium length answer, or a long version?

INQUIRER: Short.

COUNSELOR: Okay. Ephesians 1:13 says that it's only necessary to trust in Christ via believing in the gospel of your salvation in order to be be given the earnest of the Spirit. So; are you trusting in Christ is accord with belief in the gospel?

INQUIRER: Which part of the gospel?

COUNSELOR: Would you like a short answer, a medium length answer, or a long version?

INQUIRER: The medium length.

COUNSELOR: John 3:14-47 . . Just as Moses lifted up the serpent in the desert, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, so that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life. For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but might have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through him.

Long story short: Moses' people became fed up with living in the desert and eating manna all the time at every meal. But instead of courteously, and diplomatically, petitioning their divine benefactor for tastier food and better accommodations, they became hostile and confrontational.

In response to their insolence; God sent a swarm of deadly poisonous snakes among them; which began striking people; and every strike was 100% fatal, no exceptions. In no time at all, much people of Israel died. Then those not yet dead got nervous and appealed to Moses for help. In reply; The Lord instructed Moses to construct a replica of the beasts and hoist it up on a pole in plain view so that everyone dying from venom could look to it for immunity.

Now the key issue here is that the replica, lifted up, was the only God-given remedy for the people's terminal condition-- not purity, not sacrifices and offerings, not tithing, not church attendance, not missionary work, not confession, not holy days of obligation, not the Sabbath, not charity, not good deeds, not good behavior, not piety, not Bible study and Sunday school, not catechism or yeshiva, not one's religion of choice, not self denial and/or self control, not the so-called golden rule, not vows of poverty and/or chastity, not the Ten Commandments, not the Eucharist; no, none of that: not even prayers. That replica, lifted up, was it; viz: it was all or nothing at all-- there was no other option. Whoever failed to look to that replica, lifted up, for immunity died: no exceptions.

In other words then: Christ, lifted up on the cross to satisfy justice for the sins of the world, is the only God-given option for protection from the second death depicted at Rev 20:11-15. The default is terminal; no exceptions. People relying upon religion and piety, instead of putting all their trust in Christ's crucifixion, are dead men walking, no exceptions.

John 3:18 . .Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever disbelieves stands condemned already

INQUIRER: I don't agree with your interpretation of John 3:14-17. It smacks of something I've heard called OSAS, which I know for sure is absolutely wrong.

COUNSELOR: Well then; I guess we're done here.

Immigration Update: 1,394 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 84,763,564 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #202

Post by WebersHome »

John 3:16 . . For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

The love in that passage is conjugated from the Greek verb agapao, which informs me that God experiences compassion for the world without particularly liking anybody. In other words: agapao is civil and sympathetic but doesn't necessarily express fondness or affection.

Immigration Update: 1,397 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 84,945,982 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_
Last edited by WebersHome on Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

WebersHome
Guru

Post #203

Post by WebersHome »

The rich man spoken of in Luke 16:19-31 addressed Abraham as "father" and he in turn addressed the man as "son" which suggests to me that the man is a Jew, and as such would be related to Abraham as grandfather/grandson via Isaac and Jacob.

I have two grandsons. I'm not sure how well i will cope should either of them end up in the wrong place.

Immigration Update: 1,407 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 85,554,042 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #204

Post by WebersHome »

People penned up in the fiery section of Hades may or may not be fully aware of all they've lost. Many are doubtless aware of at least their loss of immortality; but I'm not so sure they know about the bulk of their loss because not even that many Christians are aware of all they've gained by their association with Christ.

We today are living in what's sometimes called the church age; which is an era that began with the day of Pentecost per Acts 2:1-2 wherein Christ has been busy assembling the "my church" he spoke of in Matt 16:18.

The "my church" is very fortunate because it is a joint-heir (a.k.a. heir in common) with God's son in his Father's estate. (Eph 1:11 and Rom 8:16 17)

A joint-heir is different than a regular heir. Regular heirs are apportioned an individual percentage of their benefactor's estate. But joint-heirs inherit, not a percentage, but the entire estate, as community property, i.e. whatever the Father bequeathed His son, He bequeathed everyone associated with His son.

For example: supposing a benefactor's estate totals 60 acres of land, 18 gold bars, plus a hedge fund worth 200,000 US Dollars; and he left it all to six heirs in common. In that situation; the heirs are corporately one beneficiary instead of six; viz: all six inherit all the land, all the gold, and the entire fund as if each one were the only heir.

The extent of the Father's estate is astonishing. It encompasses not only all that is in Heaven, but also whatever pertains to the new cosmos spoken of in Isa 66:17, 2Pet 3:13, and Rev 21:1; and I don't know what else.

John 3:35 . .The Father loves the Son, and has given all things into his hand.

John 16:15 . . All things that the Father has are mine

Heb 2:5 . . It is not to angels that he has subjected the world to come

It's a good thing that God's son has been appointed chief executive officer of his Father's estate because I don't think anybody else among men could ever be relied upon to manage it properly.

Point being: disbelievers in today's era who fail to be accepted into the "my church" will end up as deprived paupers in the afterlife, whereas those associated with God's son will be members of a powerful oligarchy-- wealthy and privileged beyond imagination.

Immigration Update: 1,413 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 85,918,878 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #205

Post by WebersHome »

FAQ: The Bible says that a Christian's life on earth terminated the day they came to faith in Christ; and from the day on, God stopped keeping a record of their sins. (Rom 6:3-7, Col 3:3, and 2Cor 5:19). What about the afterlife? What's to be done about the sins Christians commit there?

A: When Christians undergo the supernatural birth about which Christ spoke at John 3:3-8, they are imperceptibly regenerated with a nature that not only doesn't sin, but cannot sin.

1John 3:7-9 . .The one who practices sin is of the Devil; for the Devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, that he might destroy the works of the Devil. No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Two fathers are on view in that passage.

The first is the Devil; identified in the third chapter of the book of Genesis as the Serpent (Rev 12:9). Human nature as we know it among ourselves, was fathered by the Devil; which explains why humans are natural-born sinners.

The second father is God, identified in the first chapter of Genesis as the supreme being responsible for creating the cosmos-- all its forms of life, matter, and energy. Divine nature, as we know it in the person of God's son, is fathered by the creator; which explains why Christ is a natural-born sinless man instead of a natural-born sinful man.

The human nature and the divine nature are not joined at the hip as an amalgam of good and evil. God separates the two natures by means of a rather unusual form of circumcision (Col 2:11) making it possible for Christians to enter the afterlife as 100% righteous people.

Immigration Update: 1,416 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 85,918,878 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #206

Post by WebersHome »

Jesus sacrificed his life for the whole world; not just part of the world, but everybody who has ever lived, and everybody who will ever live, down to the last born on Earth. That says quite a bit about how Jesus feels about me.

He may not like me-- at all. In point of fact Jesus just may quite despise me, and candidly declare that I am not the kind of people with whom he cares to associate. Nevertheless, Jesus went to the cross for me too in spite of his disgust for me as a person.

Now, as I said-- in so many words --Jesus may not be especially fond of me, but there's no doubt in my mind that he at least cares for me. So I played upon his Father's sympathies back in February of 1968 when I prayed a very selfish prayer that went something like this:

"God; I know I'm a sinner. I would like to take advantage of your son's death."

Seeing as how Jesus gave his life for the whole world, then God couldn't very well refuse my request; now could He.

Rom 5:6-8 . . Christ died for the impious. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Immigration Update: 1,419 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 86,283,714 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #207

Post by WebersHome »

In the second chapter of the book of Daniel is told the story of Nebuchadnezzar's dream. He demanded his wise men to tell him the interpretation of the dream but withheld the dream's details; without which they could not answer.

But God had observed the king's dream; and revealed its details, along with its interpretation, to Daniel.

Prior to the invention of radio and television, it was likely thought entirely miraculous that God is able to observe the brain's imaginations, but now I'm not so sure. Modern technology has led me to suspect that the human brain broadcasts signals that can, with appropriate equipment, be received and processed into sound and pictures that can then be observed and/or recorded like episodes of Murder She Wrote and the Good Witch.

Modern technology has actually helped to make God's ability to observe dreams far more believable than ever before. Plus, if the brain is sending signals, then it can likely receive them too, so that God can send a dream, or an imagination, or a vision, or a bright idea to your head with little more difficulty than a cell phone sending a video of your vacation in Tahiti to friends back east in New Hampshire.

Don't laugh. There was a time when it was thought impossible to fly to the moon; that is until the Russians successfully launched the first Sputnik back in October of 1957.

Immigration Update: 1,424 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 86,587,744 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #208

Post by WebersHome »

Seeing as how God owns everything in existence, and answers to no one how He goes about managing it all; then what He says goes because nobody can stop Him from making and/or enforcing whatever rules He wishes.

Whether God's rules are loving, moral, just, and/or right and wise doesn't matter. It's as futile to criticize lightning for being so bright, and thunder for being so loud, as it is to criticize God's rules because no matter how much people complain about thunder and lightning; there is nothing they can do to stop those forces of nature from going about their business.

Acts 4:24 . .They lifted up their voice to God with one accord, and said, Lord, thou art God, which hast made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all that in them is:

The Greek word translated "Lord" in that passage is despotes (des-pot'-ace) from which we get our English word despot; defined by Webster's as a ruler with absolute power and authority.

Immigration Update: 1,427 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 86,770,162 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #209

Post by WebersHome »

For many of us working stiffs, the first day on a new job is stressful and quite an adjustment. The night before that first day can cause enough anxiety to keep us awake worrying about what we might expect.

I'd imagine that, whether we end up in the right place or the wrong place in the afterlife, we will be just as stressed on our first day there as the first day here on a new job.

The anxiety associated with death is to be expected seeing as how most of us have no experience at all with that particular journey. But I think the majority of my anxiety in regards to death is related to what comes after. Pity there are no guide books available in print to prepare us in advance for the culture-shock tsunami with which we are sure to be slammed.

Immigration Update: 1,432 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 87,074,192 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #210

Post by WebersHome »

Ps 115:17 . .The dead do not praise The Lord, nor do any who go down into silence

"The dead" in this Psalm likely refers to the folks spoken of in verses 2-8

"any who go down into silence" are again the folks described in verses 2-8.

Psalm 115 tells me that those folks in verses 2 thru 8 might just as well be mute in the afterlife because The Lord no longer lends them His ear, i.e. they're dead to God and permanently cut off from His benevolence, viz: The Lord has no interest whatsoever in either hearing their prayers, nor regarding their worship.

Compare them to the folks spoken of in verse 18 which reads:

"It is we who extol The Lord, both now and forevermore."

Ergo: the time to seek God's favor is now in this life, rather than later after people have passed on and realized their mistake.

The primo parallel to that is Jacob's brother Esau. Upon realizing the loss of his father Isaac's blessing, Esau broke down sobbing like a little girl, begging for another chance; but to no avail.

Isa 55:6 . . Seek the Lord while He may be found; call on Him while He is near.

Immigration Update: 1,478 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 89,871,268 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_