Hell's Immigrants

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

WebersHome
Guru

Hell's Immigrants

Post #1

Post by WebersHome »

According to Jesus Christ's testimony as a credible expert witness in all matters pertaining to the afterlife; most of the world's responsible souls haven't been making it to safety when they cross over to the other side.

Luke 13:22-24 . . And he went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem. Then said one unto him, master, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them: Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Matt 7:13-14 . . Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Matt 22:14 . . For many are called, but few are chosen.

Webster's defines "many" as consisting of, or amounting to, a large but indefinite number; while "few" is defined as consisting of, or amounting to, only a small number; viz: relative to many then, few is the lesser. Bear with me while I flesh this out.

According to the US Census Bureau: as of Sept 18, 2017 @ 11:36 pm New York Time, the resident population in the United States was approximately 325,908,667 with a death rate of approximately one every 12 seconds; which translates to an average of 7,200 American deaths of all ages, races, and genders during just one 24-hour calendar day.

According to 2009 US Census data; roughly 27.3% of America's daily deaths are under the age of 19, which would indicate that approximately 5,234 of the current daily death rate per 24 hours are adults.

Giving the "many" the benefit of the doubt by limiting their maximum percentage to 51%, would indicate a minimum of 2,670 American adults transferring to perdition every day: which translates to roughly 111 per hour.

That's a very conservative estimate as Christ didn't really specify exact percentages to represent the quantities of "few" and "many". But just think: by the time CBS completes its half hour evening news report, a bare-bones minimum of 55 Americans become new arrivals in the fiery sector of the netherworld.

Using the ratio of 2,670 condemned souls per 325,908,667 population: computing the number of condemned souls worldwide from a currently estimated global population of 7,422,223,068 people, would suggest something like 60,806 new arrivals in the fiery sector of the netherworld every 24 hours; which translates to approximately 2,534 souls every sixty minutes on the clock.

That rate would fill the 51,800 seats of the new Yankee Stadium to capacity in roughly 20 hours and 44 minutes. In other words: if the world's daily number of condemned souls started filing into the stadium at 06:00 am this morning, then by 02:44 am tomorrow, the stadium would be full to capacity.

Christmas and New Year are even worse. A study done of 26 years of death certificates shows that coronary fatalities are, on average, 11.9% higher on those days than any other days of the year; with non-heart deaths spiking to 12.2% higher.

Christianity's hell never closes; no, not at all: it's open for business 24/7/365 nonstop and indifferent to global warming, Wall Street crashes, massive layoffs, outsourcing, high school shootings, terrorism, tsunamis, earthquakes, hurricanes, storm surges, nuclear meltdowns, air, water, and soil pollution, a mission to Mars, freeway pile-ups, brown-outs, threatened species, the price of oil, student debt, GMO, trade deficits, protests, Federal debt, factory recalls, outsourcing, overpopulation, desertification, genocides, revolutions, civil wars, acid rain, road rage, oil spills, conscious decoupling, ISIS, LGBT marriage, Obamacare, blood diamonds, fracking, twerking, and/or President Donald Trump's tweets.

If Christianity's perception of Jesus Christ and the hereafter is correct; then it's apparent that souls never stop cascading into the abyss in an endless procession like the unbelievable millions of poultry broilers passing annually through Tyson chicken-processing plants on their way to Wendy's, McDonalds, Carl's Junior, Jack in the Box, Burger King, Chic-fil-A, KFC, A&W, Arby's, Dairy Queen, Taco Bell, et al; and to supermarkets and restaurants all over the USA and wherever else Tyson vends its meats. The slaughtering and the butchering never stop.
_
Last edited by WebersHome on Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

WebersHome
Guru

Re: Hell's Immigrants

Post #221

Post by WebersHome »

The book of life (Rev 20;12-15) was compiled prior to God creating even the very first particle for the current cosmos. (Rev 17:8) But I don't think it was compiled arbitrarily.

According to John 5:24 and Eph 1:13, it's necessary to hear + believe the gospel to get one's name listed in the book. Well; there's reason to believe that God is able to view the future. So way back before beginning to construct the cosmos, He looked down thru the centuries and foresaw everybody that was going to hear + believe. Having in hand all the necessary data needed for compiling the book, God went ahead and got it done and then turned His attention elsewhere.

Now, not everyone is going to be judged on the basis of hearing + believing the gospel. There are untold millions who never heard, nor will ever hear tell, of a Christ let alone his crucifixion for the sins of the world.

However, the beauties and complexities of nature, on earth and out in the void, speak loudly and clearly enough that the cosmos-- all its forms of life, matter, and energy --is the result of intelligent design. And the human conscience intuitively knows that there is going to be a reckoning. This is what's known as the everlasting gospel (Rev 14:6-7} and it has been preaching itself to men all over the globe from the very beginning. (Ps 19:1-6 & Rom 1:18-20 & Rom 2:14-16)

According to Rom 10:18, nature itself is the word of God; and accounted as a gospel. This is pretty cool because by nature's gospel, folks all over the globe-- both primitive and civilized --can be saved. In point of fact, ignorance is truly bliss in this situation because according to Heb 10:29-31, folks who hear + disbelieve Jesus' gospel are in greater danger of eternal suffering than those who know absolutely nothing about him. (Can you just imagine the chagrin of an educated genius like Mark Zukerberg doomed to the depths of Hell while an illiterate aboriginal with a bone in his nose is carried up to the comforts of Heaven?)

Immigration Update: 1,570 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 95,465,420 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #222

Post by WebersHome »

"I am the truth" (John 14:6)

Jesus' claim is far more literal than I think many of us realize.

John 1:1a . . In the beginning was the Word

The Greek noun translated "Word" basically refers to spoken words in contrast to unspoken words, i.e. speech in contrast to thoughts and/or cognition.

So then; I can legitimately paraphrase John 1:14 like this;

"God's voice became flesh, and by His voice God made His dwelling among us."

There are elements of Christianity that defy reason and logic and make no sense to me whatsoever: God's voice is one of them. I can easily understand how a person can be a sentient being, but I cannot at all understand how someone's voice can be a sentient being when to me a person's voice is just sounds and syllables; but John 1:1b says God's voice is Himself in an audible form; which explains why Jesus identified himself as the truth because as God's voice in human form, he cannot lie. (Heb 6:18)

Now, when one among us reads the Bible aloud, we are only parroting something God already said. But when Jesus spoke God's words, the words coming out of his mouth were God himself present in audible form; which is sort of a double whammy, i.e. Jesus was God's presence in physical form and Jesus' words were God presence in audible form; which is no doubt why it is so very, very serious to ignore Jesus when he's teaching and/or preaching.

Heb 1:1-3 . . In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days He has spoken to us by His son, whom He appointed heir of all things, and through whom He made the universe.

Heb 12:25 . . See to it that you obey God, the one who is speaking to you. For if the people of Israel did not escape when they refused to listen to Moses the earthly messenger, how terrible our danger if we reject the one who speaks to us from heaven!

The one who speaks to us from heaven is of course Jesus. We don't have access to his audible voice, but we do have access to transcripts of his voice. The two versions of his voice are not the same thing, but they do have the same authority for those among us who sincerely believe Jesus is the voice of God in both physical and audible form.

John 5:37 . .You have never heard His voice

If that statement is true, then it means everywhere in the Old Testament where it's said God spoke, it wasn't God in person, rather, it was the Word, a.k.a. Jehovah.

Immigration Update: 1,576 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 95,830,256 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #223

Post by WebersHome »

There's any number of ways the lost could be making their journeys to the netherworld. For example instead of being dragged underground by ghastly beings such as those described in post No.135, they may just fall down into the ground like water through a sieve.

That's not a ridiculous idea seeing as deceased folk leave this world as disembodied spirits. According to John 4:24 spirit is immaterial, i.e. it has no mass to speak of. Spirit's movement isn't impeded by solid materials like metal and dirt, or wood and stone.

And spirit takes up no space. For example the feral man of Mark 5:1-13 was possessed by a community of spirits who labeled themselves Legion. Webster's defines a legion as the principal unit of the Roman army comprising 3,000 to 6,000 foot soldiers with cavalry.
The legion of spirits that left that man went out and took up residence in a herd of about 2,000 swine. That's a pretty good example of how spirits take up no room in the physical world; nor do they crowd each other. All 3,000-6,000 of those spirits managed to fit inside the bodily cargo area of just that one guy. Just imagine the number of spirits that could fit into the passenger area of an SUV.

NOTE: Those spirits slipped right out of that man. There was no need to cut him open so they could evacuate.

Immigration Update: 1,582 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 96,195,092 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #224

Post by JoeyKnothead »

I gotta tell it, WebersHome has the greatest ability to enter into a debate site, but then to bed down in the parts of it that don't expect it to occur.

"I can't show I speak truth, so I'm just gonna act like I do, here where it ain't spected I do."

Might as well declare grits ain't groceries.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

WebersHome
Guru

Post #225

Post by WebersHome »

Job 14:14 . . If a man dies, will he live again?

Back in ancient times; men like Job were attuned to nature. In point of fact, Job was a very successful rancher; a guy who made his living working outdoors.

Every year he watched things die in the Fall and come back in the Spring. If only human life were like that; but alas, when people die they typically don't regenerate like the new leaves on a dormant maple tree.

Immigration Update: 1,588 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 96,559,928 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #226

Post by WebersHome »

FAQ: When are people judged: as soon as they die or sometime later?

A: Judgment is somewhat different than condemnation.

For example: according to John 3:18 some folks are condemned while they live,

I'm sometimes asked how it is that the rich man in the story told by Luke 16:19-31 is in flames down in hades when the judgment depicted at Rev 20:11-15 hasn't taken place yet. Well, he was condemned while he yet alive. The meanwhile he's being held in custody awaiting the judgment phase of his condemnation which is where his just deserts will be decided.

Immigration Update: 1,598 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 97,167,988 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #227

Post by WebersHome »

FAQ: Folks not found registered in the Lamb's book of life are sent to the second death per Rev 20:11-15. Will they be consumed by the brimstone and gone forever?

A: Adam was warned that were he to taste the forbidden fruit, he would die that very day (Gen 2:17) and he did, but not in a way readily apparent.

Up to that moment, Adam enjoyed perpetual youth, but upon tasting the fruit, he lost perpetual youth and began to age, i.e. his body became infected with mortality, which is a lingering kind of death rather than the kind of death where people drop dead to the floor of a sudden from strokes, bullets, bludgeons, or falls from a very high building down onto solid concrete.

In other words: Adam's death was an ongoing process that gradually wore him down to the point where his body finally gave out, and he passed away.

By comparing the language and grammar of any and all passages related to the second death, I think we can safely conclude that it too is a lingering death that apparently will be a perpetual process with no definite end, i.e. everlasting.

Immigration Update: 1,602 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 97,411,212 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #228

Post by WebersHome »

Luke 16:27-29 . . I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my father's house, for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.

The five brothers would more than likely recognize Lazarus because he was laid at the rich man's gate; so that whenever they came over for a visit; there he'd be for them to walk past.

But I have to wonder just what exactly would Lazarus tell them about their deceased brother's circumstances down in the netherworld. Lazarus would likely tell the men about his own circumstances too.

When Jesus passed away on the cross, he didn't go up, instead he went down; likely to the section of the afterlife where Abraham was. Jesus called it paradise, which is translated from a Greek word meaning a park, e.g. New York's central park where folks can go for walks in nature, play soccer, bicycle, bird watch, boat, take in entertainment like concerts and events, even dine.

I've a notion there are lots of little children down in that park too and fully accommodated with plenty of interesting playground equipment, carousels, pony rides, possibly even a zoo, and quiet places here and there where kids can sit and listen to stories read to them from books. Who really knows for sure what to expect in paradise?

Lazarus might then compare all that to their brother's side of the afterlife.

I can well imagine that the men would be fascinated by Lazarus' tale but not fascinated enough to make a difference because Abraham assured the rich man that his brothers wouldn't believe Lazarus; and honestly: who in their right mind would; especially a tale coming from a no-account indigent whose body covered with sores very likely wasn't even given a decent burial but instead dumped without ceremony in a landfill somewhere?

Immigration Update: 1,622 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 98,627,332 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #229

Post by WebersHome »

John 2:23-25 . . Because of the miraculous signs he did in Jerusalem at the Passover celebration, many people were convinced that he was indeed the Messiah. But Jesus didn't trust them, because he knew what people were really like. No one needed to tell him about human nature.

The Greek word translated "convinced" is the self-same word translated "trust". In other words; though people believed in Jesus, he did not believe in them.

Well, his unbelief was justified. The same people who believed in him due to his miracles are the very folks who later-on demanded his execution.

Oliver Cromwell-- who took the British throne away from Charles l, and established the Commonwealth --said to a friend: Do not trust to the cheering, for those same persons would cheer just as much if you and I were going to be hanged.

Immigration Update: 1,636 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 99,478,616 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #230

Post by WebersHome »

The Lord wasn't looking for people's religion, nor was he looking for people's piety and/or conduct on Passover night. He was looking for just one thing, and one thing only: the blood.

That being the case, then had a Jewish family failed to apply the blood in the proper manner, their first-born son would've been slain. On the other hand; were an Egyptian family careful to apply the blood in the proper manner, their son would've been spared because the The Lord is neither biased nor prejudiced.

Along that same line; Jesus' blood will protect anybody and everybody who applies it in the proper manner because he died for all; no exceptions regardless of age, race, gender and/or religious preference. But many won't be protected by his blood, because they will neglect to apply it at all, let alone properly.

Immigration Update: 1,680 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 102.152,080 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_