Hell's Immigrants

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

WebersHome
Guru

Hell's Immigrants

Post #1

Post by WebersHome »

According to Jesus Christ's testimony as a credible expert witness in all matters pertaining to the afterlife; most of the world's responsible souls haven't been making it to safety when they cross over to the other side.

Luke 13:22-24 . . And he went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem. Then said one unto him, master, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them: Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Matt 7:13-14 . . Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Matt 22:14 . . For many are called, but few are chosen.

Webster's defines "many" as consisting of, or amounting to, a large but indefinite number; while "few" is defined as consisting of, or amounting to, only a small number; viz: relative to many then, few is the lesser. Bear with me while I flesh this out.

According to the US Census Bureau: as of Sept 18, 2017 @ 11:36 pm New York Time, the resident population in the United States was approximately 325,908,667 with a death rate of approximately one every 12 seconds; which translates to an average of 7,200 American deaths of all ages, races, and genders during just one 24-hour calendar day.

According to 2009 US Census data; roughly 27.3% of America's daily deaths are under the age of 19, which would indicate that approximately 5,234 of the current daily death rate per 24 hours are adults.

Giving the "many" the benefit of the doubt by limiting their maximum percentage to 51%, would indicate a minimum of 2,670 American adults transferring to perdition every day: which translates to roughly 111 per hour.

That's a very conservative estimate as Christ didn't really specify exact percentages to represent the quantities of "few" and "many". But just think: by the time CBS completes its half hour evening news report, a bare-bones minimum of 55 Americans become new arrivals in the fiery sector of the netherworld.

Using the ratio of 2,670 condemned souls per 325,908,667 population: computing the number of condemned souls worldwide from a currently estimated global population of 7,422,223,068 people, would suggest something like 60,806 new arrivals in the fiery sector of the netherworld every 24 hours; which translates to approximately 2,534 souls every sixty minutes on the clock.

That rate would fill the 51,800 seats of the new Yankee Stadium to capacity in roughly 20 hours and 44 minutes. In other words: if the world's daily number of condemned souls started filing into the stadium at 06:00 am this morning, then by 02:44 am tomorrow, the stadium would be full to capacity.

Christmas and New Year are even worse. A study done of 26 years of death certificates shows that coronary fatalities are, on average, 11.9% higher on those days than any other days of the year; with non-heart deaths spiking to 12.2% higher.

Christianity's hell never closes; no, not at all: it's open for business 24/7/365 nonstop and indifferent to global warming, Wall Street crashes, massive layoffs, outsourcing, high school shootings, terrorism, tsunamis, earthquakes, hurricanes, storm surges, nuclear meltdowns, air, water, and soil pollution, a mission to Mars, freeway pile-ups, brown-outs, threatened species, the price of oil, student debt, GMO, trade deficits, protests, Federal debt, factory recalls, outsourcing, overpopulation, desertification, genocides, revolutions, civil wars, acid rain, road rage, oil spills, conscious decoupling, ISIS, LGBT marriage, Obamacare, blood diamonds, fracking, twerking, and/or President Donald Trump's tweets.

If Christianity's perception of Jesus Christ and the hereafter is correct; then it's apparent that souls never stop cascading into the abyss in an endless procession like the unbelievable millions of poultry broilers passing annually through Tyson chicken-processing plants on their way to Wendy's, McDonalds, Carl's Junior, Jack in the Box, Burger King, Chic-fil-A, KFC, A&W, Arby's, Dairy Queen, Taco Bell, et al; and to supermarkets and restaurants all over the USA and wherever else Tyson vends its meats. The slaughtering and the butchering never stop.
_
Last edited by WebersHome on Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

WebersHome
Guru

Re: Hell's Immigrants

Post #171

Post by WebersHome »

The law of God says: Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, burning for burning, and life for life.

Where does that leave people like Ted Kaczynski who killed and/or maimed 26 people with homemade bombs; and leave mass murderers like Stephen Paddock who indiscriminately sprayed a music concert in Las Vegas with a rifle equipped with a bump stock resulting in 471 dead and/or wounded? How are those guys supposed to balance the scales of justice for all those people's lives?

The law of God also prohibits dishonesty. Well; supposing somebody has been less than totally honest upwards of 200 incidents in their lifetime? How are they supposed to balance the scales of justice when each count of dishonesty merits the curse mandated at Deut 27:26?

Well; the fact of the matter is: they can't balance the scales; which is no doubt at least one of the reasons why Hell and the lake of fire are so permanent. And even if they weren't permanent, they'd at least have to be very long-running in order to satisfy justice for some folk.

Immigration Update: 1,301 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 79,108,606 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017.
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #172

Post by WebersHome »

Zech 1:5 . .Where are your forefathers now? And the prophets, do they live forever?

My own father is gone, and the great preacher Billy Graham; he's gone too. My favorite rock and roll guitar player during the years I was a teen-ager was Chuck Berry. He's gone. When I was a sophomore in high school, me and a buddy went to see "The Blob" starring a rather unknown actor at the time named Steve McQueen. He's gone. My eldest brother entered the Catholic priesthood and anon became a Friar. He's gone.

There's hardly a day goes by without someone passing away that at one time was very important to me; a constant reminder that nobody lives forever and neither will I. At my current age of 77, I'll be passing away not too long from now. Most of my life has already been lived and I'm in the home stretch. When I was a youngster, the horizon seemed forever far away; but now, looking at my wasting body, it seems I'm walking on the horizon's edge.

Immigration Update: 1,304 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 79,291,024 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017.
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #173

Post by WebersHome »

I would like it very much if my friends, associates, and loved ones down in Hades were allowed visitor days because after they're transferred to the lake of fire per Rev 20:11-15, I may never get to be with them ever again.

Immigration Update: 1,307 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 79,473,442 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017.

NOTE: Seventy-nine millions seems like an awful lot but in today's Federal spending dollars, it's chump change.

Consider a trillion. It consists of a thousand billions and each billion consists of a thousand millions. So that a trillion is equal to a thousand millions multiplied a thousand times.

Simply put: a trillion contains twelve zeroes, whereas a million contains only six zeroes. All in all, one trillion is like 12,658 times greater than seventy-nine millions.
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #174

Post by WebersHome »

According to Matt 7:21-23, not everyone believing in Jesus will make it to safety.

I would not want to be one of them because they will surely be mocked cruelly without mercy by some of Hell's unruly crowd. I can just hear their taunts:

Hey Christian! How's about sharing the gospel with us ay? Tell us about the love of God and how that's working for ya. Awwwww-Haw-Haw-Haw-Hawwwwwwwww!!!

I'd rather end up in Hell as a Bernie Madoff than somebody believing in Jesus because ol' ponzi schemer Bernie is sure to be given far more respect down there than a bible-thumping Christian.

Immigration Update: 1,311 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 79,716,666 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017.
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #175

Post by WebersHome »

Ps 115:17 . . The dead do not praise The Lord, nor do any who go down into silence

The author of that Psalm is currently unknown. It could've been David, but then again it could've been one of the Levitical priests. Anyway, that verse speaks of everyone's afterlife journey, but it only speaks of one half: the body's half.

Here's a portion of a country western song performed by Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, and Kris Kristofferson that tells it all.

I was a dam builder.
Across the river deep and wide.
Where steel and water did collide.
A place called Boulder on the wild Colorado,
I slipped and fell into the wet concrete below.
They buried me in that great tomb that knows no sound,
But I am still around;
I'll always be around.

Whether the Highwaymen were thinking of the afterlife with that song, I don't know; but it's handy to remind us that the interment of people's useless corpse isn't the end of their existence, i.e. they're still around: somewhere around.

Immigration Update: 1,314 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 79,899,084 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017.
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #176

Post by WebersHome »

Gen 3:5 . . God knows well that when you eat of [the tree of the knowledge of good and evil] your eyes will be opened and you will be like gods, who know good and evil.

Was the Serpent's prediction true? Yes; to a certain extent.

Gen 3:22 . .Then the Lord God said: See, the man has become like one of us, knowing good and evil.

Apparently human life was created minus a conscience; which is likely the reason why some expositors refer to the time before the forbidden fruit incident as the age of innocence.

FAQ: Did Adam know it was wrong to taste the forbidden fruit? And if so, how did he know it was wrong without a conscience?

A: Right and wrong were irrelevant in the beginning. Adam's early life was governed by Big Brother oversight.

Had Adam's creator instructed him to eat human flesh, then the responsibility for his diet would've fallen upon God. In other words; God's sovereignty served as Adam's conscience. As to whether cannibalism is morally right and/or morally wrong wouldn't have been for Adam to decide. (cf. Acts 10:9-15)

NOTE: A Big Brother society isn't necessarily a bad form of government just so long as its bosses are good people; but when unscrupulous monsters like North Korea's Kim Jong-Un have the reins, then Big Brother societies are a hell on earth.

Isa 48:17 . . I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is good and leads you along the paths you should follow.

Immigration Update: 1,319 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 80,203,114 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017.
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #177

Post by WebersHome »

Gen 3:6-7 . . She took of its fruit and ate. She also gave some to her husband, and he ate. Then the eyes of both of them were opened and they perceived that they were naked; and they sewed together fig leaves and made themselves loincloths.

Gen 3:11 . .He asked: Who told you that you were naked?

In other words: who said nudity is indecent? Where'd you get that idea?

Well; nobody had said nudity is indecent, nor even suggested that it's indecent-- the concept of a dress code was unheard of at that time. No; Adam just "felt" indecent. In other words; all of a sudden Adam's intuition was telling him that his appearance was unacceptable.

A: If not from God, then whence did the first couple obtain an intuitive sense of propriety?

A: In the past, I was sure that the chemistry of the forbidden fruit had something to do with the first couple's moral perception; but now I seriously doubt it because the woman was the first to eat the fruit, and when she did, nothing happened.

She remained just as shameless in the buff as before. It wasn't till Adam tasted the fruit that the woman began to feel exposed; so I'm pretty sure that the underlying cause is far more serious than the chemistry of that fruit.

Ruling out the fruit, and ruling out God , then we're left with but one alternative: the Serpent, a.k.a. the Devil (Rev 20:2)

He has the power of death (Heb 2:14) and ability to tamper with the human mind and body in ways not easily detected; e.g. Luke 13:16, Mark 5:1-5, and Eph 2:2.

The Serpent was apparently all set and ready to wield his power the moment that Adam crossed the line and ate that fruit. It amazes me how quickly it takes effect. Not long after Adam tasted the fruit, he and his wife both immediately set to work cobbling together some rudimentary aprons to cover up their pelvic areas.

FAQ: Why wasn't the woman effected by the Serpent's power when she tasted the forbidden fruit?

A: It was apparently God's decision that if sin and death were to come into the world, they would come via a lone male's actions just as life and righteousness would later be offered to the world via a lone male's actions. (Rom 5:12-21)

Immigration Update: 1,323 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 80,446,338 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017.
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #178

Post by WebersHome »

FAQ: Was Adam's disobedience a hell-worthy transgression?

A: No.

According to Gen 2:17 it was a death-worthy transgression rather than hell-worthy. In other words; the proper penalty for Adam's mistake was simply his loss of immortality. (cf. Gen 3:19 and Gen 3:22)

NOTE: In order for death to resonate in Adam's understanding, it had to be death as he understood it in his day rather than the way modern Bible thumpers construe it in their day. In other words: to Adam's way of thinking; death was physical rather than spiritual, i.e. normal and natural.

Immigration Update: 1,326 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 80,628,756 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017.
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #179

Post by WebersHome »

Judg 17:1-6 . . A man named Micah lived in the hill country of Ephraim. One day he said to his mother: I heard you curse the thief who stole eleven hundred pieces of silver from you. Well, here they are. I was the one who took them. The Lord bless you for admitting it; his mother replied.

. . . He returned the money to her, and she said: I now dedicate these silver coins to The Lord. In honor of my son, I will have an image carved and an idol cast. So his mother took two hundred of the silver coins to a silversmith, who made them into an image and an idol. And these were placed in Micah's house.

Micah's mother (call her Ophelia) broke the very first commandment of the covenant that Moses' people agreed upon with God on oath per Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy by making statuettes to represent God. (Ex 20:2-4

The interesting thing about Ophelia's religious confusion is that Jehovah was her God; but in the wrong way; viz: her religion was a mixture of truth and error. The sad part is; Ophelia's mixed up religious beliefs didn't lead only just herself into disfavor with The Lord, no, it led her offspring into disfavor too.

Christians sometimes extol the mothers of the saints. Well let me tell you something about mothers. They may mean well; but just because they are mothers doesn't make them right. Ophelia is a timeless case in point. Mothers are the best Judas Goats one can imagine. They can lead their children to disaster with far more effectiveness than the demon world because mothers have the advantage of trust. Kids are naturally inclined to rely upon their parents, so they are easy victims of misinformation when the source of that misinformation is moms and dads-- most especially moms.

You know what can be even worse than going to Hell? Your own children following you there: and they trusted you. Can you just imagine the mental and emotional anguish that mothers must feel in the netherworld knowing they brought up their children to follow an ideology whose pot at the end of the rainbow is filled with brimstone instead of gold?

Immigration Update: 1,329 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 80,811,174 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017.
_
Last edited by WebersHome on Thu May 13, 2021 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WebersHome
Guru

Post #180

Post by WebersHome »

2Ki 8:26 . .Two and twenty years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign; and he reigned one year in Jerusalem. And his mother's name was Athaliah, the daughter of Omri king of Israel.

At that time, the land was divided into two kingdoms-- Israel (a.k.a. Samaria) in the north, and Judah in the south. (1Ki 11:26-40)

Apparently, marriages between the two royal families was supposed to foster peaceful relations between them. An unfortunate side effect was some pretty bad kings. Ahaziah walked not after David's ways, but after his northern kin's ways-- the house of Ahab.

2Chro 22:3-4 . . He also walked in the ways of the house of Ahab: for his mother was his counselor to do wickedly. Wherefore he did evil in the sight of The Lord like the house of Ahab: for they were his counselors after the death of his father-- to his destruction.

That's an excellent example how a man's in-laws can be his own worst enemies; even his mother.

Anyway, God saw to it that Ahaziah lost control over the south (2Chrn 22:7) which prompted his mother to do a terrible thing.

2Chro 22:10-23:1 . . But when Athaliah the mother of Ahaziah saw that her son was dead, she arose and destroyed all the seed royal of the house of Judah. But Jehoshabeath, the daughter of the king, took Joash the son of Ahaziah, and stole him from among the king's sons that were slain, and put him and his nurse in a bedchamber. So Jehoshabeath, the daughter of king Jehoram, the wife of Jehoiada the priest, (for she was the sister of Ahaziah,) hid him from Athaliah, so that she slew him not. And he was with them hid in the house of God six years: and Athaliah reigned over the land.

Joash was just an infant; and if not for his auntie Jehoshabeath's rapid response, that heartless monster Athaliah would've completely wiped out every last one of her own grandsons so she could grab the throne.

NOTE: It's not all that unusual for despots to murder their own kin so as to eliminate any and all possible challenges to their control. For example; North Korea's Kim Jong-Un ordered his uncle Jang Song-Thaek assassinated for that very reason.

Immigration Update: 1,333 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 81,054,398 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017.
_