Hell's Immigrants

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

WebersHome
Guru

Hell's Immigrants

Post #1

Post by WebersHome »

According to Jesus Christ's testimony as a credible expert witness in all matters pertaining to the afterlife; most of the world's responsible souls haven't been making it to safety when they cross over to the other side.

Luke 13:22-24 . . And he went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem. Then said one unto him, master, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them: Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Matt 7:13-14 . . Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Matt 22:14 . . For many are called, but few are chosen.

Webster's defines "many" as consisting of, or amounting to, a large but indefinite number; while "few" is defined as consisting of, or amounting to, only a small number; viz: relative to many then, few is the lesser. Bear with me while I flesh this out.

According to the US Census Bureau: as of Sept 18, 2017 @ 11:36 pm New York Time, the resident population in the United States was approximately 325,908,667 with a death rate of approximately one every 12 seconds; which translates to an average of 7,200 American deaths of all ages, races, and genders during just one 24-hour calendar day.

According to 2009 US Census data; roughly 27.3% of America's daily deaths are under the age of 19, which would indicate that approximately 5,234 of the current daily death rate per 24 hours are adults.

Giving the "many" the benefit of the doubt by limiting their maximum percentage to 51%, would indicate a minimum of 2,670 American adults transferring to perdition every day: which translates to roughly 111 per hour.

That's a very conservative estimate as Christ didn't really specify exact percentages to represent the quantities of "few" and "many". But just think: by the time CBS completes its half hour evening news report, a bare-bones minimum of 55 Americans become new arrivals in the fiery sector of the netherworld.

Using the ratio of 2,670 condemned souls per 325,908,667 population: computing the number of condemned souls worldwide from a currently estimated global population of 7,422,223,068 people, would suggest something like 60,806 new arrivals in the fiery sector of the netherworld every 24 hours; which translates to approximately 2,534 souls every sixty minutes on the clock.

That rate would fill the 51,800 seats of the new Yankee Stadium to capacity in roughly 20 hours and 44 minutes. In other words: if the world's daily number of condemned souls started filing into the stadium at 06:00 am this morning, then by 02:44 am tomorrow, the stadium would be full to capacity.

Christmas and New Year are even worse. A study done of 26 years of death certificates shows that coronary fatalities are, on average, 11.9% higher on those days than any other days of the year; with non-heart deaths spiking to 12.2% higher.

Christianity's hell never closes; no, not at all: it's open for business 24/7/365 nonstop and indifferent to global warming, Wall Street crashes, massive layoffs, outsourcing, high school shootings, terrorism, tsunamis, earthquakes, hurricanes, storm surges, nuclear meltdowns, air, water, and soil pollution, a mission to Mars, freeway pile-ups, brown-outs, threatened species, the price of oil, student debt, GMO, trade deficits, protests, Federal debt, factory recalls, outsourcing, overpopulation, desertification, genocides, revolutions, civil wars, acid rain, road rage, oil spills, conscious decoupling, ISIS, LGBT marriage, Obamacare, blood diamonds, fracking, twerking, and/or President Donald Trump's tweets.

If Christianity's perception of Jesus Christ and the hereafter is correct; then it's apparent that souls never stop cascading into the abyss in an endless procession like the unbelievable millions of poultry broilers passing annually through Tyson chicken-processing plants on their way to Wendy's, McDonalds, Carl's Junior, Jack in the Box, Burger King, Chic-fil-A, KFC, A&W, Arby's, Dairy Queen, Taco Bell, et al; and to supermarkets and restaurants all over the USA and wherever else Tyson vends its meats. The slaughtering and the butchering never stop.
_
Last edited by WebersHome on Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

WebersHome
Guru

Re: Hell's Immigrants

Post #181

Post by WebersHome »

Rev 16:8-9 . .The fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and the sun was given power to scorch people with fire. They were seared by the intense heat and they cursed the name of God, who had control over these plagues, but they refused to repent and glorify Him.

Rev 16:10-11 . .The fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and his kingdom was plunged into darkness. Men gnawed their tongues in agony and cursed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, but they refused to repent of what they had done.

You know what's missing in those two scenarios? The element of fright is missing. The recipients of those acts of God actually get angry and resentful instead of scared.

Back in the sixth chapter, people panic and actually pray to be buried alive rather than face the wrath of God. But apparently by the time of the sixteenth chapter, they're over it. Well; no surprise there.

The first time I heard of Jesus' return I got nervous because, at the time, I had a lot to answer for. But the nervousness soon passed, and I became indignant because I don't like being made afraid; so I can sort of understand the people's change of mood between the sixth chapter and the sixteenth.

NOTE: The people in the sixteenth chapter are accused of refusing to repent and glorify God. What might that mean? Well; I suggest it means that the sensible thing to do in a situation like theirs is to fully agree we deserve it; like this:

"And I heard a voice from the altar saying: Yes, Lord God Almighty, your punishments are true and just." (Rev 16:7]

Immigration Update: 1,338 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 81,358,428 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017.
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #182

Post by WebersHome »

Rev 20:13 . . I saw the dead, and they were judged, every one of them

That verse says that "every one" of them were judged. Well; I don't know precisely
how many every one will eventually entail, but let's say that it's the number of new
arrivals in the update.

Immigration Update: 1,341 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 81,540,846 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017.

If each of those 81,540,846 judgments were to take an hour to complete, we'd be looking at 3,397,535 calendar days, i.e. 9,327 solar years; that's if the judging goes around the clock 24/7/365.

Just think of that. In only 1,341 days, enough cases have accumulated on our
hypothetical docket to keep the great white throne busy a minimum of ninety-three and
one quarter centuries. Of course that's only for starters because the update doesn't take into account the number of lost souls prior to Sept 18, 2017 and going all the way back to Adam.

I once commented to a Christian friend about how long it might take for God to judge the whole world. My friend responded: Well; he has plenty of time.
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #183

Post by WebersHome »

Rev 20:13 . . I saw the dead, and they were judged, every one of them

There's a few points related to that scene worth special mention.

1» According to Jude 1:14-15 the dead will be given a fair trial.

2» According to Matt 12:36, every word that the dead have spoken will used as evidence both against them and/or for them; not just their serious words, but also their careless words.

3» The scene doesn't depict one future out of a variety of possible futures; no, it depicts the actual future.

A Danger Foreseen
Is Half Avoided.

Cheyenne Proverb

Immigration Update: 1,344 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 81,723,264 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017.
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #184

Post by WebersHome »

1Kings 22:18-23 . . I saw Jehovah sitting on His throne, and all the host of heaven standing by Him on His right and on His left. And Jehovah said: Who will entice Ahab to go up and fall at Ramoth-gilead? And one said this while another said that.

. . .Then a spirit came forward and stood before Jehovah and said: I will entice him.

. . . And Jehovah said to him: How?

. . . And he said; I will go out and be a deceiving spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.

. . .Then He said: You are to entice him and also prevail. Go and do so.

. . . Now therefore, behold, Jehovah has put a deceiving spirit in the mouth of all these your prophets; and Jehovah has proclaimed disaster against you.

That scene depicts a very strange alliance. God actually recruited someone from the demon world to do some dirty work for Him: a black op, so to speak. That suggests to me that the demon world is neither totally useless nor totally in Satan's control; some are actually assets, which can be defined as something useful in an effort to foil or defeat an enemy: such as a piece of military equipment, a spy, or an assassin.

It's likely that God still manages some of His affairs like that even today when He wants certain individuals destroyed without getting His hands dirty. For example from post No.1 it's seen that some folks are on a road to Hell while others are on a road to something better, i.e. the few and the many. I really have to wonder if maybe some of those many on the road to Hell weren't talked into going that way by spirits recruited by God to do it for Him. Now that's scary. Can you just imagine the horror of being targeted like that and not aware of it! (cf. 2Thess 2:8-12)

Immigration Update: 1,347 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 81,905,682 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017.
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #185

Post by WebersHome »

1Kings 22:19 . . I saw The Lord sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing by him on his right hand and on his left.

The Hebrew word translated "heaven" is shamayim (shaw-mah'-yim) which first appears in Gen 1:1, which states:

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."

The plural form is useful when speaking of both aspects of the sky-- the atmosphere where clouds abide, and the celestial void where astronomical objects abide.

The "host of heaven" mostly refers to celestial objects, e.g. the Sun, the Moon, and all that shines at night, i.e. stars, planets, nebula, galaxies, meteors, etc. but not always.

The host of heaven in 1Kings 22:19 is commonly assumed to be angels; but the thing is; they're not all holy angels because one of them can't be trusted.

"A spirit came forward, stood before The Lord and said: I will entice him.. . . I will go out and be a lying spirit in the mouths of all his prophets." (1Kings 22:21-22)

Here lately I've begun to suspect that something very strange and unusual has been influencing American politics; and I can't help but wonder if that same lying spirit hasn't been active of late in the mouths of our government's think tanks and brain trusts, subtly steering this country down a road to ruin. And if so, is God behind it like when He was behind Ahab's ruin?

Immigration Update: 1,353 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 82,270,518 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017.
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #186

Post by WebersHome »

1Tim 2:1-2a . . I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone-- for kings and all those in authority,

Before everybody goes running off to save the world we need to look at something in the Bible that preceded Paul's writings.

John 14:12-14 . .You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, because the work of the Son brings glory to the Father. Yes, ask anything in my name, and I will do it.

If and when Christians are obtaining poor results from praying according to that passage in John, then I think it goes without saying that they will also obtain poor results from praying according to the passage in 1Timothy.

NOTE: Jesus doesn't practice the average Christian's understanding of 1Tim 2:1-2a. His prayers are quite a bit more discriminating; i.e. Christ prays only for his own rather than for just any and all souls who happen to be human.

John 17:8-10 . . I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me. I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours.

I seriously doubt that 1Tim 2:1-2a intends for Christians to pray indiscriminately, i.e. for every Tom, Freddy, and Harriet on earth regardless of their character and/or their spiritual condition. I believe 1Tim 2:1-2a should be applied intelligently rather than mindlessly because intercession for the wrong kinds of folk is like cuddling up to jackals and warthogs.

"Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces." (Matt 7:6)

An excellent application of 1Tim 2:1-4 is to pray that God thwart the ambitions of any and all evil people in positions to do things that make it difficult, if not impossible, for Christians to teach the Bible and practice its principles.

1Tim 2:2b-4 . . that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.

So; when it comes to people like Kim Jong-Un, Robert Mugabee, Xi Jinping, Saddam Hussein, Muammar Gadaffi, Ali Khamenei, Bashar al-Assad, and certain elements of American government, etc, it's best to express your fear of those kinds of people rather than intercede for them-- following a certain passage in Ecclesiastes which says: There's a time for seeking and a time for losing. In other words: A time to search and a time to give it up for lost.

Immigration Update: 1,356 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 82,452,936 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017.
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #187

Post by WebersHome »

Canadian folk singer Gordon Lightfoot released a sentimental song back in 1975
that speaks volumes about sympathy. Its lyrics are very touching. Here's a few that
I feel especially appropriate when talking about things like sickness, death, and the
hereafter.

Rainy day people always seem to know when it's time to call.
Rainy day people don't talk, they just listen till they've heard it all.
Rainy day lovers don't lie when they tell 'ya they've been down like you.
Rainy day people don't mind if you're cryin' a tear or two.

I sometimes wonder how much sympathy one can expect in the fiery netherworld. I
mean; sure they'll understand how we might feel about the unfortunate
circumstances in life that led us down there, but once you're there, everyone's
pretty much in the same boat and they're all longing for sympathy too.

In point of fact, I'd not be surprised if the competition for sympathy down there is
on the level of dog eat dog; and likely a fair number of sympathy hoarders
demanding total market share of it. I can just hear their feigned indignity; like this:

"Oh, stop whining already! Don't be such a baby. I deserve more sympathy than
you. I've been down here for two millennia and you've only been down here for a
decade. What've you got to cry about? You should be grateful that your time down
here will end up shorter than mine."

I'd imagine that after a few years in that place the only sympathy that people can
feel after a while is sympathy for themselves.

Immigration Update: 1,359 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 82,635,354 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017.
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #188

Post by WebersHome »

Few and Many are relative quantities regardless of their amounts.

For example; no matter how many people are represented by the great crowd depicted at Rev 7:9-10, their number will be less than the number of folk represented by the dead depicted at Rev 20:11-15.

In other words: the number of people ultimately saved will be less than the number of people ultimately lost no matter how big or little their respective numbers turn out to be.

Immigration Update: 1,362 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 82,817,772 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017.
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #189

Post by WebersHome »

1Cor 1:26 . . Remember, dear brothers and sisters, that few of you were wise in the world's eyes

That verse is useful for illustrating that "few" doesn't always pertain to a handful, rather, it's simply a contrast between the majority and the minority, least vs most, large vs small, maximum vs minimum, ounces vs pounds, dimes vs dollars, feet vs yards, etc.

Some of the Bible's uses of the word "wise" don't always apply to folks born with a high IQ. Wisdom can also pertain to education; which doesn't make someone eo ipso smart, it just makes them informed; and if informed enough, they can even qualify as an expert witness in legal matters.

Anyway; education and/or a high IQ have their uses; but are insufficient when it comes to spiritual matters. In point of fact, those kinds of wisdom can actually be an impediment. Take for example Carl Sagan. Had his knowledge and his IQ been a spiritual advantage, then Carl would've stood on the side of intelligent design instead of opposing it.

It's tragic that Carl went to his grave with his curiosity and so many scientific questions about the cosmos unanswered, and to top it off, a day is coming when even Carl's pale blue dot will no longer be available for study.

"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away." (Rev 21:1)

Can you imagine how delighted Carl would've been to explore Heaven's libraries where everything to know that can be known about the cosmos is stored? But alas, Carl will never find out because he was at best an agnostic, at worst an atheist.

» 1Cor 1:26 isn't sayng that no smart people become Christians; only that on the whole; the smart folk constitute a smaller percentage in comparison to the not so smart folk.

Immigration Update: 1,365 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 83,000,190 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017.
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #190

Post by WebersHome »

1Cor 3:9-15 . .We are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building. According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I laid a foundation, and another is building upon it. But let each man be careful how he builds upon it. For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

. . . Now if any man builds upon the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, each man's work will become evident; for the day will show it, because it is to be revealed with fire; and the fire itself will test the quality of each man's work. If any man's work which he has built upon it remains, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work is burned up, he shall suffer loss; but he himself shall be saved, yet so as through fire.

The judgment above is commonly mistaken for the judgment spoken of in Rev 20:11-15. But there are crucial differences worth noting.

1» The fire spoken of at 1Cor 3:5-15 burns the people's works. The fire spoken of at Rev 20:11:15 burns the people.

2» The people walk away alive from the fire spoken of at 1Cor 3:5-15. None of the people walk away alive from the fire spoken of at Rev 20:11-15.

3» The people are awarded at the judgment spoken of at 1Cor 3:5-15. The people are punished at the judgment spoken of at Rev 20:11-15.

The passage is sometimes appropriated by Catholics to defend the doctrine of Purgatgory. However, a note in the current official Catholic Bible-- the 2011 New American Bible -says: "The text of 1Cor 3:15 has sometimes been used to support the notion of a purgatory, though it does not envisage this."

If perchance there are Catholics reading this, I should clue them that the non Biblical materials (foot notes) in the 2011 New American Bible have a nihil obstat by Reverend Richard L. Schaefer, Censor Deputatus, and an imprimatur by Most Reverend Jerome Hanus, O.S.B. Archbishop of Duguque.

Nihil Obstat is defined as: The certification by an official censor of the Roman Catholic Church that a book has been examined and found to contain nothing opposed to faith and morals.

Imprimatur is defined as: Approval of a publication under circumstances of official censorship.

Immigration Update: 1,368 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 83,182,608 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017.
_