Hell's Immigrants

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

WebersHome
Guru

Hell's Immigrants

Post #1

Post by WebersHome »

According to Jesus Christ's testimony as a credible expert witness in all matters pertaining to the afterlife; most of the world's responsible souls haven't been making it to safety when they cross over to the other side.

Luke 13:22-24 . . And he went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem. Then said one unto him, master, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them: Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Matt 7:13-14 . . Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Matt 22:14 . . For many are called, but few are chosen.

Webster's defines "many" as consisting of, or amounting to, a large but indefinite number; while "few" is defined as consisting of, or amounting to, only a small number; viz: relative to many then, few is the lesser. Bear with me while I flesh this out.

According to the US Census Bureau: as of Sept 18, 2017 @ 11:36 pm New York Time, the resident population in the United States was approximately 325,908,667 with a death rate of approximately one every 12 seconds; which translates to an average of 7,200 American deaths of all ages, races, and genders during just one 24-hour calendar day.

According to 2009 US Census data; roughly 27.3% of America's daily deaths are under the age of 19, which would indicate that approximately 5,234 of the current daily death rate per 24 hours are adults.

Giving the "many" the benefit of the doubt by limiting their maximum percentage to 51%, would indicate a minimum of 2,670 American adults transferring to perdition every day: which translates to roughly 111 per hour.

That's a very conservative estimate as Christ didn't really specify exact percentages to represent the quantities of "few" and "many". But just think: by the time CBS completes its half hour evening news report, a bare-bones minimum of 55 Americans become new arrivals in the fiery sector of the netherworld.

Using the ratio of 2,670 condemned souls per 325,908,667 population: computing the number of condemned souls worldwide from a currently estimated global population of 7,422,223,068 people, would suggest something like 60,806 new arrivals in the fiery sector of the netherworld every 24 hours; which translates to approximately 2,534 souls every sixty minutes on the clock.

That rate would fill the 51,800 seats of the new Yankee Stadium to capacity in roughly 20 hours and 44 minutes. In other words: if the world's daily number of condemned souls started filing into the stadium at 06:00 am this morning, then by 02:44 am tomorrow, the stadium would be full to capacity.

Christmas and New Year are even worse. A study done of 26 years of death certificates shows that coronary fatalities are, on average, 11.9% higher on those days than any other days of the year; with non-heart deaths spiking to 12.2% higher.

Christianity's hell never closes; no, not at all: it's open for business 24/7/365 nonstop and indifferent to global warming, Wall Street crashes, massive layoffs, outsourcing, high school shootings, terrorism, tsunamis, earthquakes, hurricanes, storm surges, nuclear meltdowns, air, water, and soil pollution, a mission to Mars, freeway pile-ups, brown-outs, threatened species, the price of oil, student debt, GMO, trade deficits, protests, Federal debt, factory recalls, outsourcing, overpopulation, desertification, genocides, revolutions, civil wars, acid rain, road rage, oil spills, conscious decoupling, ISIS, LGBT marriage, Obamacare, blood diamonds, fracking, twerking, and/or President Donald Trump's tweets.

If Christianity's perception of Jesus Christ and the hereafter is correct; then it's apparent that souls never stop cascading into the abyss in an endless procession like the unbelievable millions of poultry broilers passing annually through Tyson chicken-processing plants on their way to Wendy's, McDonalds, Carl's Junior, Jack in the Box, Burger King, Chic-fil-A, KFC, A&W, Arby's, Dairy Queen, Taco Bell, et al; and to supermarkets and restaurants all over the USA and wherever else Tyson vends its meats. The slaughtering and the butchering never stop.
_
Last edited by WebersHome on Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

WebersHome
Guru

Re: Hell's Immigrants

Post #91

Post by WebersHome »

[font=Verdana]-
When people ignore God; they should expect Him to reciprocate.

â—� Prv 1:24-33 . . I called you so often, but you didn't come. I reached out to you, but you paid no attention. You ignored my advice and rejected the correction I offered. So I will laugh when you are in trouble! I will mock you when disaster overtakes you-- when calamity overcomes you like a storm, when you are engulfed by trouble, and when anguish and distress overwhelm you.

. . . I will not answer when they cry for help. Even though they anxiously search for me, they will not find me. For they hated knowledge and chose not to fear God. They rejected my advice and paid no attention when I corrected them. That is why they must eat the bitter fruit of living their own way. They must experience the full terror of the path they have chosen. For they are simpletons who turn away from me-- to death. They are fools, and their own complacency will destroy them. But all who listen to me will live in peace and safety, unafraid of harm.

Case in point is Jacob's brother.

"Esau, who sold his own birthright for a single meal. For you know that even afterwards, when he desired to inherit the blessing, he was rejected, for he found no place for repentance, though he sought for it with tears." (Heb 12:16-17)

The koiné Greek word for "repentance" is metanoia (met-an'-oy-ah) which essentially means to change one's mind; viz: to reconsider.

Esau was an okay guy, but he was secular to the bone. He "got religion" right quick when he saw his way of life costing him the blessing; but alas, the poor slob was a day late and a dollar short; so to speak.

Lesson to be learned: The time for people to believe in hell is not when they get there, but before they get there.
[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]Immigration Update[/font][font=verdana]: 131 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 7,965,586 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since Sept 18, 2017.

/
[/font]

WebersHome
Guru

Post #92

Post by WebersHome »

[font=Verdana]-
According to Siddhartha Gautama, the inventor of Buddhism, there is no personal "soul" that continues to exist beyond the demise of one's organic body; ergo: one's original self no longer exists after death.

So then in Buddhist rebirth; what is reborn if not the person? Answer: Buddhist rebirth is not a resurrection, rather, a reincarnation; viz: a rearrangement of the karmic matter that was once a particular individual. The complete teaching is a bit complex but in a nutshell, Buddhists can expect to return as either gods, asuras, hungry ghosts, hell beings, animals, and/or humans.

In addition: reincarnation doesn't stop with one event; but is potentially a never-ending cycle of birth, misery, and death called samsara.

Christianity allots but one resurrection per person (Dan 12:2, John 5:29, Rev 20:5-6). So then, those who undergo a second death in the reservoir of brimstone depicted at Rev 20:10-15 won't be coming back for a do-over because they will have used up their one allotted resurrection in order to face justice at the Great White Throne.
[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]Immigration Update[/font][font=verdana]: 137 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 8,330,422 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since Sept 18, 2017.

/
[/font]

WebersHome
Guru

Post #93

Post by WebersHome »

[font=Verdana]-
Q: Seeing as God created us the way we are; isn't He is ultimately responsible for our conduct? After all; we're only doing with comes natural to our species.

A: Some years ago I went into a music store in San Diego and noticed that one of the store's glass display cases contained a rather large variety of curious bottles. So I asked the clerk what they were. He said they were bongs. You mean for smoking dope? I asked. He replied: Yes; that is their purpose. So I responded: But isn't dope illegal? He replied: Yes, dope is illegal, however we don't sell dope; we only sell the means to smoke it. You see; the responsibility for smoking dope was on the end-users of bongs rather than upon the sellers of bongs.

In a similar incident, I went into an electronics store to purchase a mobile CB radio and noticed an array of devices in the display case that I didn't recognize. The clerk told me they were linear amplifiers; which, he said, are devices for boosting a standard 5-watt CB's signal strength. I asked the clerk if that was legal. He said no, it isn't legal to boost the standard signal. However, he said, it isn't illegal to own equipment with the capability to do so. In other words; the law placed the responsibility for boosting CB signals on the end-user of linear amplifiers rather than the sellers of linear amplifiers.

What I'm getting at is: God created humanity with the capability to make bad choices. But at the same time, He created humanity with the capability to make good choices too. In the incident involving the tree of the knowledge of good and evil; Adam chose poorly. Does it make sense to blame God for Adam's choice? No. Adam knew the risk going in; but proceeded anyway.

But you see: so-called "product liability" is a convenient way of blaming others for our own failings. In other words: product liability's proponents insist that the availability of things like forbidden fruit, bongs, and linear amplifiers constitutes enablement. So these days instead of saying "The devil made me do it; therefore my conduct is his fault" now people say "I was provided the means to do it; therefore my conduct is the provider's fault."

Many of the products under sinks and out in garages are toxic; so manufacturers put warning labels on them. They do the same thing with electrical equipment, power tools, and mechanical devices so people can operate them safely and avoid injury. Now; placing those products for sale to the public constitutes enablement, but they're assuming end-users are intelligent enough to read warning labels and/or user's manuals. If users ignore warning labels and the cautions printed in manuals; it's their own fault for being stupid.
[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]Immigration Update[/font][font=verdana]: 144 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 8,756,064 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since Sept 18, 2017.

/
[/font]

WebersHome
Guru

Post #94

Post by WebersHome »

[font=Verdana]-
â—� Rev 20:11-15 . . I saw a great white throne, and Him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life. And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

According to Rev 20:10, the lake of fire consists of brimstone; defined by Webster's as sulfur; which liquifies at around 239.38° F and boils at around 832.3° F.

Molten sulfur assumes a dark red color at around 392° F which, in all likelihood, enhances the lake's fiery appearance.

Q: What if people's execution in the brimstone isn't quick? I mean: the day of Adam's death began the moment he tasted the forbidden fruit; yet he continued to survive outside the garden of Eden for another 800 years after the birth of his son Seth. (Gen 5:4)

A: No response.
[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]Immigration Update[/font][font=verdana]: 148 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 8,999,288 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since Sept 18, 2017.

/
[/font]

WebersHome
Guru

Post #95

Post by WebersHome »

[font=Verdana]-
Q: At Matt 16:18, Jesus said: "You are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it." What is the meaning of that verse?

A: Basically it's saying that should one of Christ's true believing followers slip through a crack and end up in the wrong place, they will be able to stroll right on out of there like a tourist in Paris; likely guided on their journey by a celestial being, maybe similar to Peter's experience when he escaped jail in Acts 12:3-11.

I should point out that if any one particular church were the "my church" that Christ spoke of in Matt 16:18, then none of its members-- not one --would end up in hell; but I suspect that all churches, regardless of their denominational affiliation, expect to lose a number of their followers to an uncertain fate; which reminds me of a line from the movie
[/font][font=Georgia]AVATAR[/font][font=Verdana] spoken by Colonel Miles Quaritch, played by Stephen Lang, that goes like this:

It is my job to keep you alive.
I will not succeed . . not with all of you.
[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]Immigration Update[/font][font=verdana]: 156 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 9,485,736 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since Sept 18, 2017.

/
[/font]

WebersHome
Guru

Post #96

Post by WebersHome »

[font=Verdana]-
I once heard of a preacher asked by a young member of his congregation what he would have to do that's so bad he'd go in hell.

The preacher answered: You don't have to do anything exceptionally bad to go to hell; no, just bide your time and you'll wind up there without even trying because hell is the default.
[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]Immigration Update[/font][font=verdana]: 162 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 9,850,572 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since Sept 18, 2017.

/
[/font]

WebersHome
Guru

Post #97

Post by WebersHome »

[font=Verdana]-
There's been a quite a bit of flap in the media of late about a gender issue called mysogyny-- defined by Webster's as hatred of women --while very little flap about misandry; defined by Webster's as hatred of men.

In the end, it will be a man who casts angry women into the lake of brimstone depicted at Rev 20:10-15 and permanently ruins any chances they might have had for happiness in the future. For all eternity, condemned man haters will grind their teeth with hot tears and white-knuckled fury that they ultimately lost out on everything because of one lone male's obsessive control over their lives.

â—� John 5:22-23 . .The Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son, that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father.

â—� Acts 17:31 . . For God has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed
[/font]

[font=Georgia]FYI[/font][font=Verdana]: Misandry and feminism aren't joined at the hip; viz: not all feminists hate men. Feminism is typically peaceful, objective, and political while misandry is typically malicious, emotional, and personal.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]Immigration Update[/font][font=verdana]: 167 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 10,154,602 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since Sept 18, 2017.

/
[/font]

WebersHome
Guru

Post #98

Post by WebersHome »

[font=Verdana]-
Whether death in the lake of brimstone depicted at Rev 20:10-15 is quick or slow; surely either way no one wants such a fate in their future. It would be better to avoid the lake altogether and take up residence in the new cosmos where everyone is immortal and enjoying life to the fullest in a world where there is neither war, nor crime, nor poverty, nor sickness.

The first death is mandatory, but not the second; there's a God-given way for people to get out of it that requires no merit on their part; only trust.
[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]Immigration Update[/font][font=verdana]: 171 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 10,397,826 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since Sept 18, 2017.

/
[/font]

WebersHome
Guru

Post #99

Post by WebersHome »

[font=Verdana]-
Portions of the book of Ecclesiastes are often quoted as proof texts that there is no conscious existence in the afterlife. But it's far better to listen to Christ's teachings about the afterlife than Solomon's because Solomon's knowledge was incomplete; whereas Christ's knowledge is unlimited. (Luke 11:31, John 1:1-3, John 3:31-34, Col 2:3 and Col 2:9)[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]Immigration Update[/font][font=verdana]: 174 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 10,580,244 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since Sept 18, 2017.

/
[/font]

WebersHome
Guru

Hell's Immigrants

Post #100

Post by WebersHome »

[font=Verdana]-
â—� Luke 16:24-26 . . Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus so that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool off my tongue, for I am in agony in this flame. But Abraham said: Between us and you there is a great chasm fixed, so that those who wish to come over from here to you will not be able, and that none may cross over from there to us.

It's easy to imagine that the "great chasm" is something like the Grand Canyon; but in reality the distance across can't be all that far otherwise Abraham and the rich man couldn't speak to one another. It seems likely to me that the chasm Abraham spoke of is a sort of crevasse, i.e. a bottomless fissure just wide enough to prevent pedestrians.

Anyway, point being: I'm heaven-bound; but I'm not so sure of many of my friends, relatives, and associates. If they fail to make the cut, I'm crossing my fingers that there will be some way that I can contact them in the afterlife after we've all passed on. It deeply saddens me to think there's a possibility I might not be allowed to see any of them ever again until the day of our final good-byes during the event planned for Rev 20:11-15.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]Immigration Update[/font][font=verdana]: 184 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 11,188,304 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since Sept 18, 2017.

/
[/font]