Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

William
Savant

Finding evidence through experiment/experience

Post #1

Post by William »

[yt]8VB6h_bWR3Y[/yt]

The video begins with the statement "You are not a human being with a soul. You are a soul which temporarily inhabits a human body."

As such, this can be regarded as a claim, but how is the claim to be tested?

The video is about Astral Projection and this subject is finding more and more interest in individuals who want to experience first hand something which is claimed to be real and able to be experienced by anyone who learns the how-to basics.

From my own experiences, AP has convinced me that I am more than just a human form, and that there is more to life than living, here on the planet and that when my body finally dies I will then experience 'the next level' - which is intimately connected with this present one.

I have also come to see that the 'soul' is simply one's personal experience as an individuate consciousness, and that ultimately all consciousnesses are interconnected.

Some of the key points in this particular video are:

1: By being able to project your consciousness outside of your body, you can witness things such as the earth being a sphere, or friends on the other side of the world and what they are doing.

2: AP is a phenomenon that is becoming rapidly more popular in the last 20 years...even more so in the last 5 years.

3: While APing one retains a high level of waking consciousness during the experience and one can remember that experience in every detail once you return to the physical body.

4: We all experience AP every night but most of this is on an unconscious level as we are not trained to remember them.

5: AP has always been known throughout human cultures since before recorded history. (It is my understanding that this is why religions evolved.)

6: The Astral body (spirit body), Egyptians called 'the light body' 'Ka'
The Tibetan culture thinks of it as a body which houses the soul.

7: At least 1 in 10 people have experienced a conscious AP, either spontaneous or controlled.

8: Spontaneous OBEs can occur while sleeping, during sickness, under medications, during an accident, and while meditating.

9: Controlled OBEs are willful...deliberately induced by the individual.

10: All senses seem greatly magnified while APing.

11: There are a number of dimensional realities one can experience.

12: Things can be instantly manifested by simply thinking them into the reality.

13: The Astral Realm [AR] vibrates at a much higher frequency that the physical plain. Vibration throughout the physical body is common when one is entering into the APExperience.

14: There is no gravity in the AR - or if there is, the individuals Ka is not bound by it.

15: The AR is divided into 3 main sections which span across different dimensional 'overtones' and are usually known as 'Lower' Middle' and 'Higher' Astral Plains and their difference is noted in their vibration frequency.
Lower: More dark and primal.
Middle: Lighter. 'Rainbows and paradise' vivid colors and exquisite beauty.
Higher: Beyond comprehension (ability to describe using language etc) a pure 'angelic' realm. Where 'angels' reside.

16: The individual has to learn how to 'raise their frequency' in order to move from a lower dimension to a higher one and this requires conscious practice. One's personal vibrational tone is attracted by the corresponding frequency of the dimensional experience.

17: The higher the dimension, the less documentation because fewer people experience these and they are harder to describe.

Benefits of AP the video claims;
A: Gives the individual unique fist hand experience.
B: Allows the individual to explore beyond the limits of our physical universe and senses.
C: Enables first hand knowledge of our existence.
D: Connects us with our experiences in apparent past lives.
E: Helps us to identify reasons for existence.
F: Get to know ones self better
G: Self-cure certain illnesses
H: Overcome Traumas
I: Expand our sense of fraternity and universalism.
J: The fun of Flight
K: Meeting up with non-physical guides.
L: Overall well-being
M: Reduction in hostility
N: Increased psychic abilities
O: Accelerated personal development
P: Inner Calmness
Q: Increased quest for answers
R: Respect for life
S: Increased zest for life
T: Meeting deceased loved ones
U: Increased intelligence and memory recall
V: Increased knowledge and wisdom
W: Witnessing other realities
X: Increased self responsibility
Y: Increased spirituality
Z: Understanding of life after death of the body.

AP provides the individual with irrefutable personal evidence that we are immortal. The physical body dies but the consciousness lives forever.
Individuals having even one AP are transformed having a much greater insight into the existence of things beyond the physical.

Fear of death is simply fear of the unknown.

Heaven and Hell

When APing one realizes that one is in control of one's reality as this is more instantaneous.
Concepts of Heaven and Hell came from engaging with alternate realities while APing.
If you are a good personality, you will create a good reality.
If you are an evil personality, you will create an evil reality.

Heaven and Hell are in the same 'place' - and are what they are created to be, by the individuals who create them for themselves.

It is always about creating experiences for yourself. You are the designer and participator of the experience.

Lucid Dreaming

Becoming conscious while asleep. Already in the middle of a dream and being able to take control of it and direct it.

Astral Projection

Consciously leaving the body while in an awakened state (not dreaming).

Methods of Astral Projecting

There are myriads of resources on the internet which give various advice on how to achieve this.

The world of lucid dreaming, is one such resource given in the video.

Importantly, most people who have even experienced this once, are forever changed in their whole outlook of what they thought of as 'life' / 'living' and even those skeptical of this would best place that to one side while they investigate the claims and work towards inducing the experience for themselves, first hand.

There are scientists who have done this very thing and believe it to be authentic. They are regarded by many mainstream scientists as 'fringe' because of the subjective nature of the experiences, and the unusual subject (dealing with non physical realities) but within their own studies their approaches have been studiously scientific and they have concluded that there is enough repeat-ability and conformation from others who also experience APing subjectively that the combined similar experiences correlate enough to convince them that there is no reason to doubt the authenticity of alternate realities and their personal and ongoing experiences and study of those experiences within those realities.

My own experience in Out of Body projection is limited to three main incidences. The first two were a surprise and the third was a purposeful effort.

I have not ventured into the Astral Realm and have not fixated on wanting to adventure more outside of my body. As far as I am concerned those 3 experiences were enough to convince me of the validity of alternate realities and more importantly, that I am not the body I am presently occupied within, but am a conscious 'spirit' being who fully expects that when my body finally dies, that won't be the end of me or my experiences.

Knowing that, my primary focus for now, is with this life as a human being, passing on information which can be accepted or rejected by the reader, as they so choose and open to discussion and debate regarding ... well my Members Notes speak plainly to that.

Tired of the Nonsense
Site Supporter

Post #21

Post by Tired of the Nonsense »

William wrote: The science you speak of making these declarations as to 'what they consider' is unconvincing to someone who has experienced OOB and cannot be categorically said to be genuinely repeating that which is actually experience by individuals. I myself have read no study case where anything undertaken remotely fits the description of my own experiences to date.

This is principally WHY I counsel the individual to find out for themselves, rather than simply take by faith the word of what neuroscientists and psychologists regard as the truth of the matter.

I am reminded too, that such people who take the word of these professionals may be aping the general attitude/bias of said professionals in their expressions, such as yours in post#6 & #18, which the reader can clearly see is nothing more than condescending thinly veiled attempt at insult. Such individuals sullied by said type of bias are wisely not to be taken seriously by the more astute.

Pilots in jet aircraft often pass out during high speed maneuvers. This as caused by lack of blood to the brain. Pilots often report obe's during these blackouts. Researchers have isolated a specific neurological cause for this particular phenomena. It occurs in the brain. But it is akin to dreaming. It is not physically real.
Image "The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -- Albert Einstein -- Written in 1954 to Jewish philosopher Erik Gutkind.

William
Savant

Post #22

Post by William »

[Replying to post 21 by Tired of the Nonsense]
Pilots in jet aircraft often pass out during high speed maneuvers. This as caused by lack of blood to the brain. Pilots often report obe's during these blackouts.

I can assure you that I wasn't doing any high-speed flying prior to any of my OOBEs.
Researchers have isolated a specific neurological cause for this particular phenomena.

There is a specific part of the brain which lights up when such events occur. Extra activity happening therein. Is it always the same area no matter the individual being examined?
It occurs in the brain.
It occurs throughout the whole body. I can be induced by the individual who wants to experience it.
But it is akin to dreaming.
Yes. See 'lucid dreaming'.
It is not physically real.
Correct. It is no physically real.

Mind you, there are aspects of it which do give one the impression that things are not entirely non-physical.

Like when I moved through the ceiling and then the roof, there was a weird sensation as well as sound.

Tired of the Nonsense
Site Supporter

Post #23

Post by Tired of the Nonsense »

[Replying to post 22 by William]

Obe's often occur when the brain is deprived of oxygen. They can also be induced by sleep apnea and chemical hallucinogens. Obe's are also associated with near death experiences. Again, the brain is being affected, producing hallucinations. Essentially however, obe's are a type of a dream state. They are not physically real.
Image "The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -- Albert Einstein -- Written in 1954 to Jewish philosopher Erik Gutkind.

William
Savant

Is There Life After Death?

Post #24

Post by William »

Is There Life After Death? moderated by John Cleese - 2018 Tom Tom Founders Festival

[yt]4RGizqsLumo[/yt]
[font=Tahoma]The University of Virginia’s Division of Perceptual Studies research portfolio includes investigating children who have memories of past lives; the nature of consciousness and the mind-body relationship; neuro-imaging studies of psi events; and individuals who report experiencing near-death experiences(NDEs). In this panel, the legendary actor, writer and comedian John Cleese, convenes DOPS research faculty to present an overview of the research to which they have dedicated their academic careers.

Thursday April 12th, 2018 | The Paramount Theater | Charlottesville VA

Moderator: John Cleese, Cofounder, Monty Python,

Speakers: Jim B. Tucker M.D. , UVA, Director of the Division of Perceptual Studies, Bonner-Lowry Professor of Psychiatry and Neurobehavioral Sciences | Bruce Greyson, M.D. , UVA, Chester F. Carlson Professor Emeritus of Psychiatry and Neurobehavioral Sciences | Kim Penberthy, Ph.D. , UVA, ABPP, Chester F. Carlson Professor of Psychiatry & Neurobehavioral Sciences | Edward Kelly, Ph.D. , UVA, Professor of Research, Division of Perceptual Studies, Department of Psychiatry and Neurobehavioral Sciences | Emily Williams Kelly, Ph.D. , UVA, Assistant Professor of Research, Division of Perceptual Studies, Department of Psychiatry and Neurobehavioral Sciences[/font]