Left Behind

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

WebersHome
Guru

Left Behind

Post #1

Post by WebersHome »

[font=Verdana]I recently viewed a 2014 movie on NetFlix starring Nicolas Cage titled "Left Behind". There was a glaring omission: nobody came back from the dead for the rapture; only living people were taken out.

Something else overlooked by the movie's producers is the category of folk who are supposed to be taken. According to 1Thess 4:13-17, they are "in him" and "in Christ"; viz: the rapture is exclusive; Christ is coming back for his church and no others.

Well; in order to get in Jesus' church, one must first believe the gospel. Then they have to be sealed in him by the Holy Spirit (Eph 1:13). Therefore; non believing, non sealed children won't be taken in the real rapture. The movie's rapture took all the children.
_
[/font]

WebersHome
Guru

Re: Left Behind

Post #2

Post by WebersHome »

[font=Verdana]It's sometimes objected that a truly loving, sensitive, kind-hearted god would never leave children behind to go thru the calamitous events depicted in the book of Revelation.

How many children were spared the Flood?

How many children were spared Sodom and Gomorrah?

How many children would've been collateral damage had not the adults in Nineveh heeded Jonah's warning?

Being left out of the rapture may be a death sentence for some but it isn't a sentence to hell; I mean, after all, according to Rev 7:9-17, a very large number of people will be saved during the calamities; which includes a world-wide earthquake so severe on the Richter scale that every city on Earth will collapse at once; no doubt resulting in an unimaginable body count.

Something like 2,829 lost their lives when the World Trade Center was demolished by a terrorist attack in 2001. Well that was only a small portion of New York City. Just imagine the carnage when all of Manhattan comes down at once. along with other major cities like Los Angeles, San Francisco, Mexico City, Paris, Moscow, Beijing, and Tokyo, et al.
[/font]

[font=Georgia]FYI[/font][font=Verdana]: The rapture and the second coming of Christ are two separate events. The one precedes the other by seven years. Only his church will see Christ at the rapture. The whole world will see him at the second coming.
_
[/font]

WebersHome
Guru

Re: Left Behind

Post #3

Post by WebersHome »

[font=Verdana]My contributions to this thread may be taken as a public service announcement.

I close my remarks with lines from the movie spoken a few hours after the rapture that go something like this:

Journalist: It looks like the end of the world.

Chloe Steele: No, not yet. I'm afraid this is just the beginning.
_
[/font]