His Buried Body

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

WebersHome
Guru

His Buried Body

Post #1

Post by WebersHome »

[font=Verdana]â—� Matt 27:45 . . At noon, darkness fell across the whole land until three o'clock.

To me, those three hours were the most important during Christ's ordeal because that's when God laid into him.

â—� Isa 53:6 . . All of us like sheep have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; but The Lord has caused the iniquity of us all to fall on Him.

â—� Isa 53:10 . . It was Yhvh's will to crush him and cause him to suffer.

When the light returned, people saw Christ in a condition like you will probably never hear described in an Easter Sunday sermon.

The Romans whipped Jesus to within an inch of his life, slapped him around, crowned him with thorns, and drove nails into his palms and his feet. But that was child's play compared to what God did. By the time those hours of darkness lifted; the Lord's own mother would have trouble recognizing him.

â—� Luke 23:48 . .When all the people who had gathered to witness this sight saw what took place, they beat their breasts and went away.

Yes, of course they beat their breasts; you know why? Because they were having trouble catching their breath. The extent of the Christ's injuries were so horrific that they could scarcely tell he was the same man.

â—� Isa 52:14-15 . . there were many who were appalled at him-- his appearance was so disfigured beyond that of any man and his form marred beyond human likeness --thus will he sprinkle many nations

The below is an impassioned plea heard from the cross.

â—� Matt 27:46 . . My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Here it is again; this time with some parts that were missing.

â—� Ps 22:1 . . My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? Why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?

The Hebrew word for "roaring" is sheagah (sheh-aw-gaw') which means: a rumbling or moan.

In other words: people standing around the cross that day during those three hours of inky dark couldn't see anything, but they could sure hear: and what they heard were the dreadful cries of a man in extreme discomfort.
_
[/font]

WebersHome
Guru

Re: His Buried Body

Post #2

Post by WebersHome »

[font=Verdana]According to Stephen, there's was the crime of murder. (Acts 7:52)

I am not ashamed to admit that had I been there, knowing what we know about all that now, I would've volunteered to drive the nails in myself if that's what it takes to avoid facing justice at the great white throne event depicted at Rev 20:11-15. In other words; it would've been either him or me; and I very definitely would've chosen myself because the prospect of being thrown into molten sulfur does not set well with me.

However, in my case, there would've been an absence of malice; which greatly mitigates the crime of murder; like as when Abraham offered his son Isaac as a burnt offering. There was an absence of malice in that event too because Abraham totally loved his son; and besides: the sacrifice of Isaac was an act of compliance, just as it's an act of compliance these days when people offer Jesus as a sacrifice.

I don't hate myself a coward for taking advantage of Jesus' crucifixion because God wanted His son put to death as an atonement for sins, ergo: my willingness to take part in making that happen would've been right rather than wrong.
_
[/font]