Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

JJ50
Banned
Banned

Do your best to enjoy this life

Post #1

Post by JJ50 »

I find it so sad that some people spend more time looking skywards anticipating some sort of afterlife, than trying to enjoy their present existence.

Of course one will face trials and tribulations, but with luck one will also have good times as well. I am fortunate that my husband and I have wonderful children and grandchildren. I think one should do one's best to help others less fortunate if one can, which can help to give one's life meaning. If you spend too much time soaking up religion instead of getting out there and doing something worthwhile it makes you less of a person, imo.

Realworldjack
Guru

Re: Do your best to enjoy this life

Post #2

Post by Realworldjack »

JJ50 wrote: I find it so sad that some people spend more time looking skywards anticipating some sort of afterlife, than trying to enjoy their present existence.

Of course one will face trials and tribulations, but with luck one will also have good times as well. I am fortunate that my husband and I have wonderful children and grandchildren. I think one should do one's best to help others less fortunate if one can, which can help to give one's life meaning. If you spend too much time soaking up religion instead of getting out there and doing something worthwhile it makes you less of a person, imo.

Thanks for the advice. It is much appreciated. However, I believe there may be some things you are forgetting about.

You see, what makes you sad, may make other folks very happy. You seem to hold the opinion that it is good, and fulfilling to help out those who are less fortunate, but others may hold the opinion that we would all be better off to do away with those who are less fortunate, because they may be under the impression that these less fortunate folk are holding back the human race, and they may find their fulfillment in doing what they believe will keep the human race advancing.

The thing is, while you have your opinions of what it is that makes you happy, these things may not work for others, and they may find what makes them happy would be the exact opposite of what makes you happy, and since we are all entitled to our own opinions, then I cannot see how we can say, "one opinion would be any better than the other", when the goal simply seems to be, what makes one happy, as opposed to sad.

JJ50
Banned
Banned

Post #3

Post by JJ50 »

Realworldjack wrote:
JJ50 wrote:
I find it so sad that some people spend more time looking skywards anticipating some sort of afterlife, than trying to enjoy their present existence.

Thanks for the advice. It is much appreciated. However, I believe there may be some things you are forgetting about.

You see, what makes you sad, may make other folks very happy. You seem to hold the opinion that it is good, and fulfilling to help out those who are less fortunate, but others may hold the opinion that we would all be better off to do away with those who are less fortunate, because they may be under the impression that these less fortunate folk are holding back the human race, and they may find their fulfillment in doing what they believe will keep the human race advancing.

The thing is, while you have your opinions of what it is that makes you happy, these things may not work for others, and they may find what makes them happy would be the exact opposite of what makes you happy, and since we are all entitled to our own opinions, then I cannot see how we can say, "one opinion would be any better than the other", when the goal simply seems to be, what makes one happy, as opposed to sad.

Anyone thinking like that is either mentally ill or a psychopath. :shock:

Realworldjack
Guru

Post #4

Post by Realworldjack »

JJ50 wrote:
Realworldjack wrote:
JJ50 wrote:

Anyone thinking like that is either mentally ill or a psychopath. :shock:

Well that is a fine opinion you have there, but I can assure you there are others who hold a very different opinion, and I can't quite figure out how we can say one opinion would have to be coming from one who is mentally ill, or a psychopath, as oppose to the sane opinion, other than expressing an opinion?

I would also like to point out that you seem to be using the less fortunate to give you some sort of meaning?

JJ50
Banned
Banned

Post #5

Post by JJ50 »

I am not using anyone. I find your posts really weird and will ignore them in future before I respond in a way which would get me banned.

otseng
Savant

Post #6

Post by otseng »

Moderator Action

Moved to Random Ramblings. Please review the Rules and Tips on starting a debate topic.

otseng
Savant

Post #7

Post by otseng »

JJ50 wrote: Anyone thinking like that is either mentally ill or a psychopath. :shock:
JJ50 wrote: I find your posts really weird and will ignore them in future before I respond in a way which would get me banned.
:warning: Moderator Final Warning

Posting such things will get you banned.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator final warnings serve as the last strike towards users. Additional violations will result in a probation vote. Further infractions will lead to banishment. Any challenges or replies to moderator warnings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

Realworldjack
Guru

Post #8

Post by Realworldjack »

JJ50 wrote: I am not using anyone. I find your posts really weird and will ignore them in future before I respond in a way which would get me banned.

So allow me to ask, did you not say,
I think one should do one's best to help others less fortunate if one can, which can help to give one's life meaning.
So how is helping out those less fortunate, in order to gain something out of it yourself, not using those who are less fortunate, and their situation?
I find your posts really weird and will ignore them in future before I respond in a way which would get me banned.
I completely understand, because there are those who dearly want to believe that their cherished opinions, and worldview is the only one that is correct, but they do not have a basis in which to demonstrate this, and when they are confronted with this fact, they will many times retreat into their own little imaginary fantasy world, in order not to have to face the real facts, in the real world.

But hey! It's all good ain't it? All that matters is if one is happy themselves, and has a great husband, grandchildren, and children, along with having those who are less fortunate to look after, so one can make themselves feel good.