Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Avoice
Guru

"For God so loved the world..."Who did GOD SAY was

Post #1

Post by Avoice »

For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son.."

Christians know these words. The passage doesn't identify who the son is. Sooo.... We have to find where God told us who his son is. And for us to be sure that any passage that identifies the son must tell us precisely who said it. Therefore it must say "God said" or "said God." Or the "Lord said" or "said the Lord" Or spoken or whatever. But it must identify the one speaking.

And Christians are told whosiever believes in God's son will have everlasting life then who is it that Christians should believe?

So who is this son we are to believe? God tells us who his son is. It is Israel.

"This is what the Lord says: Israel is my firstborn son..." Exodus ch 4

Now what?

If TRUTH is applied to this famous Christian passage...if Christians heed the word of the LORD rather than decide who they want to listen to then the answer is clear.

Christians will be quick to point to the Jordan River baptism to support believing in Jesus.
"A voice from heaven said this is my son...
An unidentified voice speaking of an unidentified person. It doesn't say God said anything. A voice. When God wants wants us to listen he tells us it is He thatv is speaking.
A voice? Obey a voice? A voice that promises Ill never die if I listen to it? That truly is the oldest trick in the book. Eve was promised she'd never die by a voice that wasnt the voice of God. We know what hapoened to her.

The moral of that story is beware of voices that tell you its okay to do things that God said not to do. Especially the voice of those who wont disobey God themself but get others to disobey God. The serpent didn't eat from the wrong tree. Satan is sinless. He just gets others to sin.

Christians will tell you that Jesus was sinless. I never met him. But Ill just agree and say the same. No problem. But there is a problem when I read how he keeps the law yet has managed to get others to not keep them. It was his disciples who plucked corn on the Sabbath Day. Notice that Jesus didnt do it. And when asked why his disciples did whatvthey werent supposed to do how did Jesus respond? Ill tell you hiw he should have responded - He should have turned to his disciples and condemned their behavior. No. Instead he condones their behavior. If it was okay then why didnt he do it? Jesus loves us? No. He loves himself maybe. He says one thing and does another.

The devil made me do it. Everyone blames Satan. That he is all that is sinful. People hate him. What did he do? He is a good role model. He obeys God. The devil doesnt make anyone do anything. His job is to try and turn us away from God. It's a tough job but thats what he is commanded by God to do. BHe is hated without a cause.

Overcomer
Guru

Post #2

Post by Overcomer »

I'm sorry, but you have missed one very important word in John 3:16. That word is only-begotten. Jesus is the only-begotten son of God. It does not mean he was literally begotten by God because Jesus is not a created being, but has always existed. The Greek word is "monogenes" which means "unique" or "one-of-a-kind". So the word isn't about procreation. It's about the unique relationship that Jesus has with God, a specific and special relationship that no one else, not Israel and not believers as adopted sons have, because Jesus is one-of-a-kind.

See here for a full explanation:

https://www.gotquestions.org/only-begotten-son.html

Avoice
Guru

Post #3

Post by Avoice »

[Replying to post 2 by Overcomer]

You missed something. God is not credited to say anything of the sort. All the new testament has is some "voice" saying something. Try that before a righteous judge. That judge wants a name. To say "a voice" is worse than hearsay. At least hearsay someone is identified

But he did say Israel was his son. THAT He is credited to have spoken.