Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

JJ50
Banned
Banned

Ask questions before acceptance

Post #1

Post by JJ50 »

I never accept anything before asking relevant questions first. For instance, my eldest daughter and I required new laptops, when we went to the computer store this afternoon we quizzed one of the managers with a myriad questions before we bought the ones which ticked all the right boxes for us.

I think asking questions about the credibility of the religious faith is extremely important, before deciding to accept it. I wish my parents had asked questions about the Christian version of faith they forced upon my siblings and I as children, it certainly spoilt my childhood. I am so glad when I was old enough to ask questions I saw through it and consequently lost my faith. My husband and I always encouraged our children too question everything, including religion. They decided to take on board the Christian religion but a moderate version of it, the are not Biblical literalists, thank goodness.

Are you a questioner or acceptor?

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Re: Ask questions before acceptance

Post #2

Post by ttruscott »

JJ50 wrote:I think asking questions about the credibility of the religious faith is extremely important,
I asked questions. I got answers. I committed to Christ.

Your conclusion that this makes me an undefined acceptor not a questioner is illogical.
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

otseng
Savant

Post #3

Post by otseng »

Moderator Action

Moved to Random Ramblings. Please review the Rules and Tips on starting a debate topic.

Overcomer
Guru

Post #4

Post by Overcomer »

I'm a journalist by trade. My whole professional life has been about asking questions!

God instructs us to love him with our minds as well as our hearts as stated in Matt. 32:27: Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.

God gave us intellects to use and the ability to reason. He wants us to ask questions.

I'm sorry that you had such negative experiences with Christianity as a child, JJ50. Jesus should be a help, not a burden. But I realize there are bad churches where the Holy Spirit isn't present and that, for some, it's about keeping strict rules and regulations and there is a spirit of condemnation, not of grace. In reality, Christianity is about enjoying the Lord's love, peace, comfort, strength, etc. That's certainly my experience with Jesus. One's assessment of Christianity should be based on him, not on how badly people misinterpret the Bible and apply it.

I'm glad you didn't demand that your children turn their backs on Christ. That speaks well of you.