We are not made of dust. We are made of star dust.

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Compassionist
Guru

We are not made of dust. We are made of star dust.

Post #1

Post by Compassionist »

The Bible says in Genesis 3:19 (New International Version):

"By the sweat of your brow
you will eat your food
until you return to the ground,
since from it you were taken;
for dust you are
and to dust you will return."

We are made of atoms made inside stars. We are not made of dust. We are made of star dust. We are all star dust. Please see https://skepticsannotatedbible.com/contra/accounts.html

"Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me." - The Bible (New International Version). We are not born sinners as the Bible claims. We are born sufferers. Without our consent and without any fault of our own, we are conceived and born into a life full of suffering and unfairness. Without consent, we suffer. Without consent, we die. We are victims of causality, we are prisoners of causality. We are not free to do what we want. If I were free to do what I want, I would have gone back in time and prevented all suffering and unfairness and death. I would have made everyone omnibenevolent, omniscient and omnipotent and the owner of an infinite number of universes each. Sadly, I am not free and neither are you. Doomed we are, to be conceived. Doomed we are, to suffer. Doomed we are, to die. "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." - The Bible (New International Version). If this Biblical claim were true, people would become death-proof on converting to Christianity. Sadly, Christians die, just like non-Christians die. Clearly, faith in Christ does not make one immune to death. Only suffering and death and guaranteed in life for a sentient organism such as humans.

Astronomy, biology, geology and philosophy prove the Bible to be false and unethical. Please see and http://www.evilbible.com and http://skepticsannotatedbible.com

We should live and help live, live and love. We should help all, harm none. We should all be pacifist vegans. Thank you.

Compassionist
Guru

Re: We are not made of dust. We are made of star dust.

Post #11

Post by Compassionist »

tam wrote: Peace to you,
[Replying to post 1 by Compassionist]

The Bible says in Genesis 3:19 (New International Version):

"By the sweat of your brow
you will eat your food
until you return to the ground,
since from it you were taken;
for dust you are
and to dust you will return."

We are made of atoms made inside stars. We are not made of dust. We are made of star dust. We are all star dust.

Star dust is still dust.

The earth is made of that same dust as well.
During a supernova, when a massive star explodes at the end of its life, the resulting high energy environment enables the creation of some of the heaviest elements including iron and nickel. The explosion also disperses the different elements across the universe, scattering the stardust which now makes up planets including Earth.
http://www.physics.org/article-questions.asp?id=52

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy
Thank you for your reply tammy. We are not actually made of dust. We are made of atoms which are made of energy. So, we are made of energy. In fact, energy and matter are interchangeable.

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #12

Post by Tart »

How does one come to know anything? It’s interesting what you say. But where does knowledge come from? Claiming to “know� is an interesting proclamation... Scientist do this all the time in error... Question them... any scientist claim to “know� is probably in error... though hypothesizing is a different ball game... I don’t think you can “know� anything, but Christ crucified

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #13

Post by Tart »

Einstein said the mysterious knowledge in science is unknown, though we can do nothing but ponder it, like a child

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #14

Post by Tart »

I ponder if everything Hawkings claimed to “knowing� was wrong...

Tcg
Savant

Post #15

Post by Tcg »

Tart wrote: I ponder if everything Hawkings claimed to “knowing� was wrong...
Assuming you're referring to Stephen Hawking and not Screamin' Jay Hawkins, there is need to simply ponder. Roll up your sleeves, dig into his work and prove him wrong.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Compassionist
Guru

Post #16

Post by Compassionist »

Tart wrote: How does one come to know anything? It’s interesting what you say. But where does knowledge come from? Claiming to “know� is an interesting proclamation... Scientist do this all the time in error... Question them... any scientist claim to “know� is probably in error... though hypothesizing is a different ball game... I don’t think you can “know� anything, but Christ crucified
I know trillions of things to be true. I am typing in English, not Chinese. How did I know that? I know from evidence. Please see and Thank you.