Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Tart
Banned
Banned

bottom line

Post #1

Post by Tart »

will you guys just shut up and believe....

we are all sick of you guys acting like you are too smart for this stuff... just shut up and believe...

Willum
Savant

Post #2

Post by Willum »

I am so glad you have finally seen the light.
I do believe, more strongly than theists, that there is no God.

Unlike them, I have facts, evidence, logic AND arguments to back up my belief.

Nice post, thanks.
I will never understand how someone who claims to know the ultimate truth, of God, believes they deserve respect, when they cannot distinguish it from a fairy-tale.

You know, science and logic are hard: Religion and fairy tales might be more your speed.

To continue to argue for the Hebrew invention of God is actually an insult to the very concept of a God. - Divine Insight

SallyF
Guru

Re: bottom line

Post #3

Post by SallyF »

Tart wrote: will you guys just shut up and believe....

we are all sick of you guys acting like you are too smart for this stuff... just shut up and believe...

The quality of Christian debate has just hit rock bottom (unless this is some form of ingenious self-parody).

I have noticed that fewer and fewer Christians are posting in this sub-forum.

I take that as meaning that they - like we Atheists - recognise that their faith has been founded on fantasy.

I don't know of a Christian here that has acknowledged that Christianity has been a fraud since the beginning - or anything approaching any sort of admission along those lines.

Their absence and silence here is indication enough.

But I do often wonder if they do still attend church knowing what they now know from having debated here.

I wonder if the Great Game of Pretend goes on for them regardless …?

One can hardly turn on one's community/congregation/tribe, even if they ARE wrong.

For me, Christianity has been a fraud since it began, and I suspect many will knowingly continue the fraudulence for some time to come.
"God" … just whatever humans imagine it to be.

"Scripture" … just whatever humans write it to be.

Savant

Post #4

Post by 1213 »

Tart wrote: will you guys just shut up and believe....
I don’t think it is really that useful, even demons believe and they don’t seem to get anything good from it.

You believe that God is one. You do well. The demons also believe, and shudder.
James 2:19

More useful would be that people would become righteous, because:

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Mat. 25:46

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 6:23

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #5

Post by OnceConvinced »

Moderator Action

Moved to Random Ramblings. Please review the Rules and Tips on starting a debate topic.

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

Avoice
Guru

Post #6

Post by Avoice »

[Replying to post 1 by Tart]

This is too funny. Yeah... everybody just shut up! Quit trying to take away my Jesus. Just believe.
I've always found it amusing how Christians have turned their noses up at Jews. Some blatant Antisemites yet they worship a dead Jew. And expect that Jew to save them. WTH. I can see them lined up at the pearly gates now. " Hey look.... Here comes that kike that will save us". Jesus says to them: Why such contempt for Jews? I ask why? Why do you hate me? You believe God chose to be born of a Jew and that he existed as a Jew. If I am God and I was a practicing Jew why haven't you done so? Wouldn't I live the way I would want you to follow? Instead you hate me.

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #7

Post by Tart »

i dont know what you are saying.... But is God not the God of the Gentiles too?