Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Tart
Banned
Banned

Jehovah Witness

Post #1

Post by Tart »

The more i think about it, the more im starting to believe the Jehovah Witnesses worship God the Father, yet deny Christ... So be it... I have done the same thing in my life. I have worshiped God and denied Christ...

However, in doing so I became consumed with my own morality, and blind to the world around me. Is there correlation?

Jesus said, the only way to the Father is through Him, however lets hypothesize, what if we were able to skip over this stepping stone and enter into fellowship with the Father, without knowing Christ... What might that look like?

Christianity teaches salvation comes from believing in Christ.. However, Jehovah Witnesses teach only 144,000 will go to heaven (Revelations 14:1)... "who had his name and his Father’s name written on their foreheads."

I find it interesting that Jehovah Witnesses were the very first group to reach out to me, with their teachings... I think back, i studied with them, but defaulted away. Their laws did not make sense to me, and their controversial cult like attitude made me skeptical. However, thinking back i ponder if this rout would have been good for my salvation? I dont know? Becuase, it is true, i worshiped God the Father, or just God (an invention in my head, a higher power, etc..) without coming to Christ first... Which is kind of interesting...

However, i dont understand how a card in your wallet saying you do not take blood infusion, would have any significance on your salvation whatsoever... But is the law absurd? Where does it come from? What law should we abide by?

It is interesting for example that they are very strict on abiding by law talked about in the Bible... The law given to Noah, talked about in Act's... However, it seems like they are just creating law... Anyone can create law... How would we know this is God's law.. the passage in Act's, may be interpreted differently...

I ponder its real meaning... No blood? What good is that for me? There must be some more significant meaning??? I have my own theories about it that i will not share here... But why not turn to Jesus first? Although i myself have skipped that step from my beginnings as well... Is it possible to return to being covered by the Son, and entering the Father through Christ, after the fact? Perhaps not? Im not sure.

marco
Savant

Re: Jehovah Witness

Post #11

Post by marco »

JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 8 by marco]

That you for your comment, was there something in my statement you would like to challeng as being inaccurate or a question you would like me ?

Is there anything in my interpretation of the hilarious passage that you disagree with or think merits correction? You presented the passage as if it provided a working rule for modern people. It obviously applies to the primitives of its time, since they were still dealing with sacrifices to idols. It is a mistake to relate it to advanced modern techniques in surgery - some would say it much more serious than a mistake.

Is this sufficient challenge for you?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #12

Post by JehovahsWitness »

[Replying to post 11 by marco]

Is there something in my comment that was unclear for you? If so you have but to reread my posts and, if after reflection, you cannot fathom their meaning feel free to seek further assistance.

I wish you agreable evening,

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Avoice
Guru

Post #13

Post by Avoice »

[Replying to post 1 by Tart]

It doesn't matter what my opinion is. What is God's opinion? Lets see what he has to say:

Thus saith the LORD
; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.

"Behold, the LORD'S hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear."

It is a violation of the first commandment by putting anyone between us and God. Why kiss God through a towel? What can God's creation (jesus) do that God can not do? Want to speak to God then speak to him directly. If we violate the first commandment then the God who wrote all the other laws is no longer our God. So keeping the rest wont matt
er.
Worship the creator not the creature he created. Because God can destroy what he has created. We can have a relationship with God. He wants us to. We dont need anything or anyone one else. We have all we need.

What can God do to Jesus that Jesus can't do to God? He can destroy Jesus

Dont ever forget what Jesus said:

"..the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father. At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you

In the hereafter ask God for something in in Jesus' name. Jesus promise to deliver that message? No he didnt. How can people ignore what he said? One thing is certain...whatever Christians hope will happen is in their own minds. Jesus told them not to count on him. This is serious.

Worship God. He is faithful and true. Why give his glory to his creation? Especially one who says hrs not promising to pray to God in our behalf. When God is your true love why turn to another. He has given us all we have. Jesus -nothing. He isnt a giver. He is a taker. Gid us all we have in the world. And in the grave. Dont give away all you have

sorrento
Student

Post #14

Post by sorrento »

After giving it some consideration I have decided that this is my last post on this forum.
I see no point in giving an opinion about the subject under discussion only to be reprimanded for doing so. I also find it rather odd to be accused of being offensive by saying I considered a certain Christian sect to be a cult when the Christian Research Institute itself describes the Jehovah's Witnesses as a cult. As the Jehovah's Witnesses are the group under discussion I think such a point is entirely relevant.
I also find it rather odd that I have read on many occasions on this forum the biblical god described as a monster, barbaric, a murderer and a child killer. I have said as much myself on several occasions without raising the heckles of the moderator, but a widely held view of the JW's, it seems, does raise their heckles.
I am also of the opinion that no one has the right not to be offended and it is with a degree of sadness that I say goodbye and wish the very best to one and all.

marco
Savant

Post #15

Post by marco »

sorrento wrote: After giving it some consideration I have decided that this is my last post on this forum.
I see no point in giving an opinion about the subject under discussion only to be reprimanded for doing so. I also find it rather odd to be accused of being offensive by saying I considered a certain Christian sect to be a cult when the Christian Research Institute itself describes the Jehovah's Witnesses as a cult. As the Jehovah's Witnesses are the group under discussion I think such a point is entirely relevant.
I also find it rather odd that I have read on many occasions on this forum the biblical god described as a monster, barbaric, a murderer and a child killer. I have said as much myself on several occasions without raising the heckles of the moderator, but a widely held view of the JW's, it seems, does raise their heckles.
I am also of the opinion that no one has the right not to be offended and it is with a degree of sadness that I say goodbye and wish the very best to one and all.

Moderator Comment

Please review the Rules.

Hello sorrento, we have rules for everyone's benefit, not for punitive purposes. The idea is that we try to be civil. A word we don't use is "cult" since it can be construed as uncivil. Your post would have merited no comment had you avoided that word. Another rule we have is that you don't openly challenge what a moderator has said; better to clear up matters privately in a PM.

If you feel that the word "cult" is such an indispensable part of your vocabulary, and its absence would make communication hard or impossible, then of course you must leave. That seems rather extreme. You are most welcome to stay and if you feel that you can bring some illumination to the way things are run, by all means communicate this. I am told there are many ways to skin a cat though I have never understood why I should want to - but I suppose it means we can usefully express ourselves in civil terms while conveying a whole range of sentiments. That can be fun, too.

I hope you'll think again and continue to inform and delight with your posts. Even moderators have to observe the rules, for they too can fall foul of them; such is the system of fairness we employ. My very best wishes to you.

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #16

Post by Tart »

Overcomer wrote: Tart wrote:
Is it possible to return to being covered by the Son, and entering the Father through Christ, after the fact?
If you're asking if it's possible to turn to Jesus after you have, in some sense, "bypassed" him in your attempts to seek out and connect with God, then the answer is yes. It's never too late to recognize who Jesus is, what he has done and why he is important.

Be mindful that the JW's Jesus is not the real Jesus. They deny his deity. However, if he were not God Incarnate, he would not be sin-free and if he were not sin-free he would not be able to atone for our sins, and if he doesn't atone for our sins then we are lost because we cannot atone for them ourselves given that we are sinners incapable of removing our own sins.
Thanks Overcomer... I suppose i asked the question, becuase I have an image in my head about what it would had been like to be a believer earlier in life... Who knows? A futile question? I try to manage the ability to be thankful for what i have in my life today.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #17

Post by JehovahsWitness »

[Replying to post 16 by Tart]

The important thing is that you are happy, that your nible lessons with uour church havd answered all your questions and you are enjoying the support and love from its members.

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

onewithhim
Savant

Post #18

Post by onewithhim »

Tart wrote: The more i think about it, the more im starting to believe the Jehovah Witnesses worship God the Father, yet deny Christ... So be it... I have done the same thing in my life. I have worshiped God and denied Christ...
Why do you think that Jehovah's Witnesses deny Christ? We teach that the sole ability to attain to everlasting life is through our faith in Jesus' ransom sacrifice. He is the "heel that crushes the head of the serpent," foretold way back in Genesis (Gen.3:15). The whole Bible is written about him. He is the one to eliminate the evil deeds of Satan and rule with a new government over the earth (Isaiah 9:6,7). We don't even vote for another person, because he is our King and ruler. Who else takes him so seriously?

We view him as the "truth," as he said (John 14:6), and because he is truth, we don't want to mix pagan things in with his story. We are happy that he was born here, but not that pagan celebrations are carried on to honor him. Do you really think he feels honored with pagan traditions? Yet people criticize us for not getting involved with holidays that mix heathen traditions with Christian people and events and our Lord.

I believe we honor him more than any other religion.

(You might be interested in an on-line Bible study at www.jw.org . To do that will show you exactly what we believe and how we honor Christ while worshiping his Father, and you can do it completely in private.)

onewithhim
Savant

Post #19

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to post 4 by JehovahsWitness]

Concerning blood transfusions, any person who is aware of what advances are being made in medicine knows that there are substitutions for blood transfusions, and these substitutions are even more beneficial to people than their taking blood. People recover faster, and there are no side-effects. It costs less also.

Just a couple websites to show what the medical community is offering now:

www.hopkinsmedicine.org/bloodless_medicine_surgery

www.englewoodhealth.org/service/bloodle ... nd-surgery