Understanding Christianity

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

EarthScienceguy
Guru

Understanding Christianity

Post #1

Post by EarthScienceguy »

The key to understanding Christianity is to understanding that the Bible gives the solution to man's greatest problem, sin.

The Kindness of God can only be understood in the light of man being condemned to eternal separation from anything good because of the sin man commits.

Prayer can only be understood in the light of man's tendency towards sin and the need to realign his will with the will of God.

The Bible can only be understood with the understanding that it is God's directions on what sin is and how to deal with sin.

The Grace of God is only understood of God's heartfelt desire to redeem man from their sin's

otseng
Savant

Post #2

Post by otseng »

Moderator Action

Moved to Random Ramblings. Please review the Rules and Tips on starting a debate topic.

Diagoras
Guru

Post #3

Post by Diagoras »

If sin is indeed the biggest problem, then we’d better define it.

Do you see sin as a deliberate violation of the will of God, or an attitude of defiance or hatred of God? And are you talking about the concept of ‘original sin’?

Divine Insight
Savant

Re: Understanding Christianity

Post #4

Post by Divine Insight »

EarthScienceguy wrote: The key to understanding Christianity is to understanding that the Bible gives the solution to man's greatest problem, sin.
I see three problems with this.

First sin is not the greatest problem of all men. It's only a problem for those who sin. And even Christians can't agree on what constitutes and doesn't constitute a sin. So the very term, 'sin' is an ill-defined and thus meaningless term.

The second problem is that the Bible doesn't give the solution to man's problems. Even if every human on earth was perfectly good and righteous we would still live in a world filled with disease, death, natural disasters, and animals that each each other and often attack, harm, or kill humans.

So humans are hardly the only problem with life on earth.

Let's not forget to throw birth defects in with the above as well. Unless you believe the superstition that 'sin' causes all of these things to occur, but in the 21st century those kinds of ignorance superstitions are no longer considered credible.

The third problem with Christianity is that its God doesn't even bother trying to solve the problem of sin. He gave up when he gave his only begotten son to die as the scapegoat for sinner. Now even God's heaven will be filled with sinners who have been granted undeserved amnesty from their sins.

So in Christianity God never solves the problem of sin. In Christianity God threw in the towel of Jesus Christ as the Sacrificial Lamb to offer free undeserved pardons to sinners.

So he never solves the problem of sin and instead has apparently given up and just accept sinners into heaven if they are willing to accept having Jesus crucified on their behalf. In other words, they even need to commit one last act of hideous immorality just to qualify for their undeserved parson.

Decent people who refuse to condone the crucifixion of Christ on their behalf are cast into eternal hell. :roll:

I don't see how or why anyone would support this religion.

If the religion is true, please cast me into hell! The sooner the better. I don't condone crucifying Jesus on my behalf. I refuse to condone that. So cast me into hell with all the other decent people.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]