Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Tart
Banned
Banned

Just go with it man...

Post #1

Post by Tart »

I get it man... It's kind of crazy... A talking snake? The source of your sins... Just go with it bro... A 6,000 year old earth? Dude I get it, just go with it bro... I know.. It's a little crazy, but just go with it.. Just have faith... It'll all be ok, and work out... Trust Jesus man...

Like i know its kind of strange, when you see people who "love Jesus", but also have signs like "God hates ****" (words i cant say here).... And they are probably going home and engaging in some kind of sin... Kind of a total turn off from Christianity...

But dude, dont worry about that... That's not Jesus man, thats some crazy people on the side... Jesus saves bro... Just go with it man... It's kind of crazy, i know.. but just go with it...

All these contradictions, these hypocrites, these things that are hard to understand... I get it man... I see it too... But bro.. It's Jesus we are talking about... He's sinless.. and he saves you from stuff... It's a good thing... Just go with it man... Trust Jesus...

And thats my apologetic's of the day... Turning the skeptics to God, with the brilliance of words... Just go with it man...

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #2

Post by Divine Insight »

I applaud your sermon. :D

That's the way it should be preached.

Just go with it man,...

As long as you need that sort of thing.

And for the people who don't, to them I say, Just go with whatever works for you,...

Live and let live and don't judge others in Jesus' name.

That's the way to do it. :thumb:
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Tcg
Savant

Re: Just go with it man...

Post #3

Post by Tcg »

[Replying to post 1 by Tart]

You've got to kick up the emotional appeal. Exhortation to simply accept absurdities will fall flat without it.

Many humans have the emotional need to deny the reality of death. Add a few promises about eternal life and you may have something.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #4

Post by Tart »

Divine Insight wrote: I applaud your sermon. :D

That's the way it should be preached.

Just go with it man,...

As long as you need that sort of thing.

And for the people who don't, to them I say, Just go with whatever works for you,...

Live and let live and don't judge others in Jesus' name.

That's the way to do it. :thumb:
I actually totally agree with you here DI... Any religious belief is fine... As long as you're not killing people, in which case you should repent and ask Jesus for forgiveness...

But i really believe, any religious belief may work for anyone, and Christianity may not even work for some people. I believe it because Jesus saved me, but people can believe what they want...

Just dont go around acting like your better then people, or their beliefs, because you dont agree with it.

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #5

Post by Tart »

Tcg wrote: [Replying to post 1 by Tart]

You've got to kick up the emotional appeal. Exhortation to simply accept absurdities will fall flat without it.

Many humans have the emotional need to deny the reality of death. Add a few promises about eternal life and you may have something.

Tcg
Im on the road to giving you the likes to get you to 666 likes Tcg... beware, the beast is coming...

Tcg
Savant

Post #6

Post by Tcg »

Tart wrote:
Im on the road to giving you the likes to get you to 666 likes Tcg... beware, the beast is coming...
You're going the wrong direction. Absurd scare tactics only work once you've provided the emotional pull to accept there is something to lose by being rational.

You first need to convince me there is an eternal life or a paradise or a heaven or some other such unverifiable promise that I risk losing by refusing to "Just go with it man."

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #7

Post by Tart »

Tcg wrote:
Tart wrote:
You're going the wrong direction. Absurd scare tactics only work once you've provided the emotional pull to accept there is something to lose by being rational.

You first need to convince me there is an eternal life or a paradise or a heaven or some other such unverifiable promise that I risk losing by refusing to "Just go with it man."

Tcg
Well you arent getting a like for that post Tcg, because you didnt stump me with a question id never be able to answer...

This is how i see judgement, that might come in the after life...

imagine Tcg... your entire life having meaning... do you believe that? Or is it meaningless? The actions you take...

The thing that i have found interesting, in a lot of the Near Death Experience stories i've seen is that a recurring theme is that when you die, you enter eternity... That unlike a linear time line here, eternity is like an instant of time, and its like all of time... I have heard that from multiple stories...

Now whether you believe that or not. Maybe you should take time to reflect on your life.. With everything you have done in your life. Good and bad... Are you ready to enter eternity, knowing the life you have lived?

It very well may be that you can enter into eternity, with who you are. Your embodiment as a person. all the things you chose to do... Like, perhaps, with a wife or a loved one? Perhaps with the goodness you have shared with total strangers? Perhaps, with the times you have helped friends? Or perhaps with the demons you hold on to? Perhaps with the wicked lusts of the flesh? Perhaps with the people you hate? Perhaps with the people you disrespected?

Maybe your eternity, will be that?

I think a hope it will be nothingness isnt a good hope to have...

Tcg
Savant

Post #8

Post by Tcg »

[Replying to post 7 by Tart]

You've gone completely of the tracks now. Both your appeal to accept absurd claims and your absurd scare tactics have failed.

This is reveled by the fact that you've given up your attempt to support either.

Tcg

- American Atheists

- wiploc

- Irvin D. Yalom

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #9

Post by Tart »

Tcg wrote: [Replying to post 7 by Tart]

You've gone completely of the tracks now. Both your appeal to accept absurd claims and your absurd scare tactics have failed.

This is reveled by the fact that you've given up your attempt to support either.

Tcg
Ok thanks for the reply Tcg.. your just two likes away now.

Tcg
Savant

Post #10

Post by Tcg »

Tart wrote:
Ok thanks for the reply Tcg.. your just two likes away now.
I'm still waiting for you to accomplish your following claim:
  • Turning the skeptics to God, with the brilliance of words...
Are these the "brilliance of words" you expect to do so?

Tcg

- American Atheists

- wiploc

- Irvin D. Yalom