Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Tart
Banned
Banned

The truth of the flood

Post #1

Post by Tart »

A rainbow, the symbolism of the flood, that God would never again flood the earth... What is it?

It is the separation of light, into colors... And we know that God is the light... I ponder what it is in my crazy philosophies of life...

I think the rainbow IS the flood...

Like a tender shoot out of dry land (Isaiah 53:2), light came into the world, as He is the Light, the Word is the Light (John 1). Growing steadily.. No attraction in him, nothing that we should desire Him (Isaiah 53:2)...

And so like a blossom of life, the flood came, and the colors split. Wash the wicked away...

This is John the Baptist singing... Make thy way straight, for the Lord. Turn the child's hearts to their fathers, the prophecy of Elijah. (though this statement is internally known only, of a limited mind)

listen to the flood, here...
[youtube][/youtube]

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #2

Post by Tart »

Here IS the flood... "The Last Judgement" painted by Michelangelo, which is in the Sistine Chapel... On the Grave of Peter, who Jesus said "On this rock i will build my Church"... (and the pope is on the bottom lower right in hell, wrapped in by a serpent... Just a side note, that i learned while in the Sistine Chapel)

Diagoras
Guru

Post #3

Post by Diagoras »

Tart wrote: and the pope is on the bottom lower right in hell, wrapped in by a serpent...
If Wikipedia is accurate, that figure is apparently the pope's Master of Ceremonies, Biagio da Cesena. He was seemingly upset that the painting had so much nudity in it that he complained to the Pope. Michelangelo then painted his face on Minos, judge of the underworld and added donkey ears which traditionally mean he’s a fool. The snake then covers his ‘offending nudity’ quite nicely.

Moral of the story: don’t annoy Michelangelo, otherwise you’ll be a figure of fun on a fresco for centuries!

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #4

Post by Tart »

Shoot man.. idk... maybe anything is true? be made a fool of?

I was in the Sistine Chapel, once upon a time... And i though the guide told us, Michelangelo painted the face of the pope on it, because the Pope didnt pay him..

But now you say something else, says Wikipedia..

And this article leads as "Michelangelo refused to be paid for his work on St. Peter’s Basilica".. (though i didnt read it)
https://www.thevintagenews.com/2017/02/ ... -basilica/

Though I still question, what is truth itself? Maybe it was all just a dream... Put a fork in me, im done...

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #5

Post by Tart »

To topic... The flood, perhaps the blossoming of knowledge itself, the rainbow..

Sadly... I suppose this was my physics class, when i first learned of Pink Floyd at 15, when i dropped out of school cuz i didnt care...

What is the flood? Perhaps that of information itself?? Gnosticism?? What is this now? As if knowledge is hidden behind metaphors that musicians create? Entertainers, dazzling our minds with lazier shows?

I dream of a day, when belief in philosophy, truth, science and knowledge, would have blossomed with that of our God's... Where knowledge in God, in Greece, like the Greek societies we know of, would unite with science...

But now, we live in a fallen world... And people worship their false God of science, because they have no choice... There is nothing else to worship other then matter in motion, like the vessels they embed... The Body itself...

"Come on, it's time to go"~Pink Floyd

Knowledge was never meant to reject God...

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #6

Post by Tart »

Knowledge is God... And Jesus saves sinners. "For the foolishness of God is wiser then human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger then human strength".

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 316FE4A73/

Tcg
Savant

Post #7

Post by Tcg »

Tart wrote:
But now, we live in a fallen world... And people worship their false God of science, because they have no choice... There is nothing else to worship other then matter in motion, like the vessels they embed... The Body itself...
It is only worshipers of God who think every one else must worship something. You almost got it right when you stated, "There is nothing else to worship..." The reality is that there is nothing to worship and those who realize this truth do not worship anything.

Knowledge was never meant to reject God...
Knowledge doesn't reject God, it simply reveals the fact that there is no reason to believe in God.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #8

Post by Tart »

Tcg wrote:
Knowledge doesn't reject God, it simply reveals the fact that there is no reason to believe in God.

Tcg
I believe that is the dumbed down beliefs in a fallen world... Though perhaps not.. But the fact that we discredit any god, is a sign of a fallen world... Why not believe? In the works of the gods? Even if they are myths... It is denying knowledge...

Tcg
Savant

Post #9

Post by Tcg »

Tart wrote:
Why not believe?
The proper question is why believe. Those who believe have no knowledge based answer to that question. That of course answers your question.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #10

Post by Tart »

Tcg wrote:
Tart wrote:
Why not believe?
The proper question is why believe. Those who believe have no knowledge based answer to that question. That of course answers your question.

Tcg
Well i dont believe they have no knowledge based answer... I believe if the world never fell, the question of "why believe" or "why not believe" would never be spoken... Where in the peaks of our knowledge, we could amuse everything we imagine, the wonders of the world in the delight of the imagination...

However, in a fallen world, God has made separate these things, and for good purpose... The purpose is for salvation... Jesus said that the "workers" have "rejected the cornerstone", and that "God has done this and it is marvelous in our eye"... He's quoting scripture...

Now, i do believe science with no God, and no imagination, is a form of knowledge, but it has been separated by God because of the fall. In the peaks of your knowledge, you are blind to the knowledge of the spirit. You are concerned with the material world...

Some teach that matter and the spirit are at odds with each other. That matter is evil and spirit is good. Gnosticism teaches this (i think)... But I dont think Christianity teaches this, because Jesus came in the flesh. As the Spirit embedded in matter... And whoever denies it is not of God (quote from John's epistles).

What, it seems to me, is that scientific atheists have denied the spirit, and they are concerned with matter.... And perhaps this is why Paul may have said "Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles." (Romans 1)...
I reserve the right to be wrong about every statement I make, including this one.

I also reserve the right to misinterpret words, though not my intention.

If you believe I have done or said something "wrong", I would encourage you to really evaluate what is "wrong", and what is "right", no matter what it may be. Is there any objective value that can be given to such claims?