Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

arunangelo
Apprentice

Are these verses forgotten?

Post #1

Post by arunangelo »

Are these verses ignored?
The bread that I give, is my flesh. (John 6:51)
Not everyone that says lord, lord, will enter the kingdom of God, but only the ones who do the will of the Father (Matthew7:21).
Faith without works is dead (James 2:26)
If you love me, you will keep my commandments (John 14:15).
Those who do not forgive, are not forgiven. (Matt 6:15).
Mercy is above law (James2: 13).
We must forgive others without limit (Luke 17:4)
Love our enemy; pray for them; do good for them; if someone takes our coat, give them our shirt as well; offer the other cheek if someone slaps us on one; lend and do not expect it back; and be merciful like our heavenly Father. (Luke 6:27-36)
Do pay evil with evil; never take revenge; feed our enemy; not allow evil to defeat us; and to overcome evil with good (Romans 12:17-21).
To sue another person is a sign of our complete failure (as a Christian); and it is better to be wronged or robbed than to wrong others or rob them (1Cor. 6:7).
No one can put aside, what God has joined in marriage (Mark 10:9). If a divorced person remarries, it is adultery (Luke 16:18). Even if there is unfaithfulness or abuse; we must stay faithful to our marriage vows; just as God is faithful to us even when we hurt him and are unfaithful to him (Hosea 3:1). God hates divorce (Malachi2:16).

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #2

Post by Divine Insight »

Why cherry pick those verses?

Why not cherry pick Luke 6:37?

If you qualify for Luke 6:37 nothing else matters.

It's the only verse any decent person needs to know.

Only those who don't qualify for Luke 6:37 would need to go rooting through other verses in search of their salvation.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

arunangelo
Apprentice

Post #3

Post by arunangelo »

I am only pointing out what is ignored. I am not judging. Only God can judge. God's sacrifice and faithfulness is what we need to live by, if we want to be one in spirit with him.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #4

Post by JehovahsWitness »

[Replying to post 3 by arunangelo]

Well I try not to ignore any 've rises in the bible... Stoll nobody's perfec, cojld it be you are taking ignoring for failing?
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8