Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Tart
Banned
Banned

The Myth of Babylon, unanswered visions

Post #1

Post by Tart »

I have been plagued with visions in the morning time, when i want to sleep in, of an urgency calling to wake up... To nothing... Especially on Monday mornings, though they increase up to wednesday...

As I refused this morning, cuz i was tired... Someone spoke to me "The myths of Babylon"...

What is the myths of babylon anyways?? I have no clue...

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: The Myth of Babylon, unanswered visions

Post #2

Post by JehovahsWitness »

[Replying to post 1 by Tart]

It sounds like a bible reference to "Babylon the great" whuch symbolzes all false religion.

To learn more follow the link HERE
https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/q ... the-great/
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Tcg
Savant

Post #3

Post by Tcg »

Tart wrote: I have been plagued with visions in the morning time, when i want to sleep in, of an urgency calling to wake up... To nothing... Especially on Monday mornings, though they increase up to wednesday...

As I refused this morning, cuz i was tired... Someone spoke to me "The myths of Babylon"...

What is the myths of babylon anyways?? I have no clue...
I'd suggest the key to understanding this mystery is to determine when you've heard that phrase before. In all likelihood, the someone who spoke to you, is you. You may not remember when or where you heard it before, but that is a more likely explanation than that your visions have a supernatural source.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #4

Post by Tart »

JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 1 by Tart]

It sounds like a bible reference to "Babylon the great" whuch symbolzes all false religion.

To learn more follow the link HERE
https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/q ... the-great/
Thank you sir... I watched the video...

In another vision on the same morning i saw a tower, going all the way up, past where i could see.. Very tall... couldnt see the top...

These are in the morning time... when they are trying to wake me up...

Though i have nothing to wake up to... No job. no family... Im actually living out of my car right now in Boston, and its cold... I cant bring myself to wake up, because it seems meaningless.... I wake up and then go back to bed...

But they are insistent this is wrong, and today they even said "people wont be interested in you" as i slept... That im growing old.

I mean jeeze. im not opposed to the idea of waking up... but why?? There is nothing to do, and i drift back to bed... I suppose i could pray? maybe i should start praying in the morning time? though id probably drift back to bed..
do some jumping jacks? lol

Tcg
Savant

Post #5

Post by Tcg »

Tart wrote:
These are in the morning time... when they are trying to wake me up...
Who do you think the "they" are that you imagine are trying to wake you up?

But they are insistent this is wrong, and today they even said "people wont be interested in you" as i slept... That im growing old.
Do you think it is wrong to sleep late?

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #6

Post by Tart »

[Replying to Tcg]

No sir, these are visions from spirits beyond myself... Though i think some are deceivers

If it were up to me, id call for all my actions (that are not sins) to be atoned for, (and even sins at that matter)... and to live faithfully. This would include waking up late... There is nothing wrong with it, though i am put into a situation were i have to question such actions.

Personally i wish sin, right and wrong, could be put in a place that is objective, and known...

Tcg
Savant

Post #7

Post by Tcg »

Tart wrote:
No sir, these are visions from spirits beyond myself...
You are convinced that spirits are waking you up if you sleep too late with the goal of giving you messages that are incomprehensible? What purpose could these spirits have for these actions?

Tcg

- American Atheists

- wiploc

- Irvin D. Yalom

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #8

Post by Tart »

Tcg wrote:
Tart wrote:
No sir, these are visions from spirits beyond myself...
You are convinced that spirits are waking you up if you sleep too late with the goal of giving you messages that are incomprehensible? What purpose could these spirits have for these actions?

Tcg
Well I have my own theories about the interpretations of these specific messages i am receiving... Though i dont think they are built on my own knowledge, but instead im carried in the spirit to experience such things...