Black Magic from "God"

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

SallyF
Guru

Black Magic from "God"

Post #1

Post by SallyF »

Islamic State, I'm sure, takes inspiration from biblical "scriptures".

The Israelites duped and slaughtered the Hivite men and all their wealth, and all their little ones, and their wives took they captive, and spoiled even all that was in the house. Gen 34:29

There was concern that the neighbours would take exception, so "God" (the old Canaanite Elohim and not Jehovah in this case) cast a magic spell on them ...

And the terror of God was upon the cities that were round about them, and they did not pursue after the sons of Jacob. Gen 35:5

So the biblical "God" used magic to assist the evil, murderous "chosen people" escape with their plunder and sex slaves.

This is Black Magic.

Given such a clear biblical precedent, could Christians call upon Jehovah/Jesus/Holy Ghost to cast a spell to help them get away with theft, rape and murder, as was done in previous times …?

"God" … just whatever humans imagine it to be.

"Scripture" … just whatever humans write it to be.

Carthus

Re: Black Magic from "God"

Post #11

Post by Carthus »

I consider tarot cards as a black magic

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #12

Post by OnceConvinced »

Carthus wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:14 am I consider tarot cards as a black magic
I consider them a big con. Much like horoscopes.

I once dated a former white witch who told me all about them and how people con you with them.

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #13

Post by Purple Knight »

SallyF wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:58 pmThe Israelites duped and slaughtered the Hivite men and all their wealth, and all their little ones, and their wives took they captive, and spoiled even all that was in the house. Gen 34:29

There was concern that the neighbours would take exception, so "God" (the old Canaanite Elohim and not Jehovah in this case) cast a magic spell on them ...

And the terror of God was upon the cities that were round about them, and they did not pursue after the sons of Jacob. Gen 35:5

So the biblical "God" used magic to assist the evil, murderous "chosen people" escape with their plunder and sex slaves.
Pretty much, because whatever God says is good, is good. I keep having to point this out, but the power to dictate what is good is a power that an omnipotent being must have, because it has every power. And it can use that power to favour certain people, or a certain race, as it does in this example. The scary thing isn't any physical magic, but the idea that if Jews (or anyone with morality on their side) come to your house, kill your son, and steal his wife, you'll be morally wrong if you defend yourself or try to at least rescue your daughter-in-law.

Now this What-I-Say-Is-Good power, in the Bible (if the Bible is fiction) is simply part of the established canon for the character God. This is the way it is in the story. So yes, the Jews are the heroes here and the Hivites are the bad guys. That's just the way it is because one of the characters in the story (God) canonically has that power. Saying it doesn't have that power is like saying Superman can't really fly.

If the Bible is not fiction, then God actually has that power, because it's omnipotent and has every possible power, and yes, can use that horrible ability as it sees fit. There's no law of the universe that morality has to be fair. The law of the universe is that good guys get more leeway with their actions than bad guys. This is real life, as well as every story, not just the Bible. The Bible is simply very candid about it.

Tuskane

Post #14

Post by Tuskane »

Taro cards are playing the role of guide for you.