Black Magic from "God"

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

SallyF
Guru

Black Magic from "God"

Post #1

Post by SallyF »

Islamic State, I'm sure, takes inspiration from biblical "scriptures".

The Israelites duped and slaughtered the Hivite men and all their wealth, and all their little ones, and their wives took they captive, and spoiled even all that was in the house. Gen 34:29

There was concern that the neighbours would take exception, so "God" (the old Canaanite Elohim and not Jehovah in this case) cast a magic spell on them ...

And the terror of God was upon the cities that were round about them, and they did not pursue after the sons of Jacob. Gen 35:5

So the biblical "God" used magic to assist the evil, murderous "chosen people" escape with their plunder and sex slaves.

This is Black Magic.

Given such a clear biblical precedent, could Christians call upon Jehovah/Jesus/Holy Ghost to cast a spell to help them get away with theft, rape and murder, as was done in previous times …?

"God" … just whatever humans imagine it to be.

"Scripture" … just whatever humans write it to be.

Savant

Re: Black Magic from "God"

Post #2

Post by 1213 »

SallyF wrote: …
And the terror of God was upon the cities that were round about them, and they did not pursue after the sons of Jacob. Gen 35:5

So the biblical "God" used magic to assist the evil, murderous "chosen people" escape with their plunder and sex slaves…
The problem is, Bible is not speaking of magic, nor sex slaves. That all comes from your imagination. And I really don’t see why should I take it as some kind of true fact.

SallyF
Guru

Post #3

Post by SallyF »

1213 wrote:
SallyF wrote: …

So the biblical "God" used magic to assist the evil, murderous "chosen people" escape with their plunder and sex slaves…
The problem is, Bible is not speaking of magic, nor sex slaves. That all comes from your imagination. And I really don’t see why should I take it as some kind of true fact.

Looks to me like the biblical version of "God" cast a magic spell over the cities.

And just as the Islamic State takes the women of slaughtered enemies as sex slaves, the chosen people of the "God of Love" have done this right here.

Nonetheless, can Christians call on Jesus - or maybe even the original "God" of the OT - to cast a Black Magic spell to cover heinous acts …?

SallyF
Guru

Post #4

Post by SallyF »

Christians DO pray for a similar magic spell …

When they invade another country and kill thousands of its citizens.

Menotu
Sage

Post #5

Post by Menotu »

[Replying to post 1 by SallyF]

How are we to understand the term 'black magic'? Something different than white magic, or simply the opposite?
Using that terms seems to automatically point to something 'anti-God'.
Or are we to use our own definition of what 'black magic' is?
All that unpleasantness aside, what God did in the bible surely can be seen as magical (if it happened as described at all).

SallyF
Guru

Post #6

Post by SallyF »

Menotu wrote: [Replying to post 1 by SallyF]

How are we to understand the term 'black magic'? Something different than white magic, or simply the opposite?
Using that terms seems to automatically point to something 'anti-God'.
Or are we to use our own definition of what 'black magic' is?
All that unpleasantness aside, what God did in the bible surely can be seen as magical (if it happened as described at all).

https://slideplayer.com/slide/7010217/

These will do for our purposes here.

The spell cast over the cities by the Elohim version of "God" supported the Islamic State-style barbarity of the Israelites.

This is the version of "God" that Christians generally call "God the Father" - the "Our Father who art in Heaven" of the Lord's Prayer …

And Christians address this mythological monster every time they recite the Lord's Prayer.

"God the Father" practiced Black Magic

Wootah
Savant

Post #7

Post by Wootah »

Moderator Action
Hi SallyF

I must admit there is almost a topic here and a question. Please tone down your rhetoric and provacative posts and use of images and then try to articulate your thoughts in a civil manner please.

Moved to Random Ramblings. Please review the Rules and Tips on starting a debate topic.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #8

Post by Tart »

SallyF wrote:
That is interesting thank you

Savant

Post #9

Post by 1213 »

Tart wrote: ...
I agree with you. With that definition, also baseball bat is black magic, because by hitting other with it, one can bestow pain, misfortune and evil to another person.

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #10

Post by Tart »

1213 wrote:
Tart wrote: ...
I agree with you. With that definition, also baseball bat is black magic, because by hitting other with it, one can bestow pain, misfortune and evil to another person.
The reason i said thank you for that is because of a vision i had with the pentagram in it, which I believe this had some clarification in it...

The idea of wishing or "bestowing" misfortune or evil on others to cause them "harm, discomfort, pain and unhappiness"... is in question...

Jesus flat out proclaimed that the works of the world are evil, and said truthfully they are going into destruction... Is that "black magic" or simple reality? It is reality...

So what is a Christians role when living in the Body of Christ? Or outside the Body?

To be faithful... period...

though what happens when persecuted, and tried?

Be faithful...

Lead those who are blind to light. If they will not listen, let your peace return to you...