Inductive Method of Knowledge

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Dimmesdale
Sage

Inductive Method of Knowledge

Post #1

Post by Dimmesdale »

Is it rational to conclude, that because all human beings in the past have died, that therefore all human beings in the future will die? What if tomorrow no one dies anymore?

Divine Insight
Savant

Re: Inductive Method of Knowledge

Post #2

Post by Divine Insight »

Dimmesdale wrote: Is it rational to conclude, that because all human beings in the past have died, that therefore all human beings in the future will die? What if tomorrow no one dies anymore?
I see no reason to think in absolutes. Why not just say that since we observe all humans aging and eventually dying and never observe anything else, that it is simply reasonable to suspect that this will continue to be the way things are.

I see no reason to conclude that anything is carved in stone. It's just the most reasonable conclusion.

Why do we need to be certain of it?

Basically I would say that, yes, it is rational to assume this conclusion.

Also, based on what we see in technological development, it's also rational to conclude that humans may eventuall find a a way to prevent death. But that's a whole different scenario isn't it?
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Tart
Banned
Banned

Re: Inductive Method of Knowledge

Post #3

Post by Tart »

Dimmesdale wrote: Is it rational to conclude, that because all human beings in the past have died, that therefore all human beings in the future will die? What if tomorrow no one dies anymore?
"The problem of induction" stems from not knowing the truth, and living faithful... All the wonders of truth and knowledge are hidden (in Christ)... Death comes from sin... Who is not a sinner? Only a delusional man would think he's no sinner.. Though I question what is sin? And i question freewill. I believe if you dont sin, you wont die, but that is absolutely impossible... Shoot, we are already sinners! Doomed be we, lest faith and grace comes from somewhere, miraculously...

To question the faith already testifies to us death... Therefor we are already dead in sin... For some of them went out from us, and left the body, as to testify against us. They are the antichrist and they are coming, and they already are in the world... Though be FAITHFUL till the end! Stand firm! And you shall be saved.