I don't believe in Christianity!

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Dimmesdale
Sage

I don't believe in Christianity!

Post #1

Post by Dimmesdale »

I don't believe in Christianity, and I CANNOT believe it; I DO NOT have the freedom TO believe it, whether you think I do or not!

I have a friend who really, truly believes I can CHOOSE to believe in Christianity. Well, guess what, I can't. I've tried numerous times to believe in the Bible and I've failed everytime - the longest I ever believed was for a couple of weeks. I just couldn't believe in it any longer. I did not "walk away" from the faith intentionally; or if I did, I couldn't help doing what I did; it just happened.

I am sick and even now revolted over people who think that I can "will" myself into believing, that it's so simple. Horse manure. It's not like that at all.

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Re: I don't believe in Christianity!

Post #11

Post by Zzyzx »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Belief is indeed more a mattrr of heart condition than of intellect. The wicked cannot see light not because their eyes don't work but because their hearts dont.
Is 'heart' being used here metaphorically -- or is it being proposed to believe separate from the brain?

Perhaps it is the pancreas that is involved in belief? Or the colon?
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #12

Post by Divine Insight »

Zzyzx wrote: .
JehovahsWitness wrote: Belief is indeed more a mattrr of heart condition than of intellect. The wicked cannot see light not because their eyes don't work but because their hearts dont.
Is 'heart' being used here metaphorically -- or is it being proposed to believe separate from the brain?

Perhaps it is the pancreas that is involved in belief? Or the colon?
Even as a metaphor it's an extremely hateful metaphor to accuse someone of being wicked just because they don't believe in an immoral self-contradictory ancient dogma about a supposedly egotistical jealous God who threatens to harm everyone who doesn't worship him.

Clearly this religion has convinced its followers to fall for these obvious lies. And that clearly are lies. There are simply too many non-Jehovah's-Witnesses who are extremely loving and caring people. Many of whom are even atheists.

So there can be no doubt whatsoever that the dogma fed to Jehovah's Witnessed is indeed false.

That much we can know for absolutely certain.

All Non-believers in Jehovah's Witnesses God are not wicked people.

Proof positive that Jehovah's Witnesses theology is false. Guaranteed.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #13

Post by Zzyzx »

Charles wrote: It is also written that it takes a gift from GOD to open our eyes to our sin and our need for a saviour by faith, and that nothing we can do, no will power we have, can bring us to such a decision.
Is this to say that one's fate 'after you die' is independent of the individual and is decided by a supernatural entity? Is this derived from Calvinism doctrine?

Predestination, in Christian theology, is the doctrine that all events have been willed by God, usually with reference to the eventual fate of the individual soul https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predestination

Predestination, in Christianity, the doctrine that God has eternally chosen those whom he intends to save https://www.britannica.com/topic/predestination
Charles wrote: This is the Christian understanding of rebirth and salvation...not by our will but by HIS: Romans 9:16 It [salvation] does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God's mercy. and you are right to be frustrated with this non-christian call to a fake salvation.
This seems to imply that it matters not what a person does in life since some are 'chosen' and others are not.
Charles wrote: If you ever do feel a concern about your spiritual state, seek HIM in a spirit of accepting anything HE might bring to you, not just salvation.
The same can be said of Quetzalcoatl – evidently with similar results.
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence