Modhi's wall

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

2ndRateMind
Site Supporter

Modhi's wall

Post #1

Post by 2ndRateMind »

Apparently Trump likes prime minister Narendra Modhi of India. It is not hard to see why. Modhi built walls along Trump's route, apparently so that the president's eyes were not offended by the sight of people living in hovels, and eking out their meagre existence amidst squalor and deprivation. Out of sight, out of mind.

One suspects that Modhi might have been capable of a little more imagination, and, if he is ashamed of his poor, actually seized on the opportunity to do something to improve their condition. But this is not the kind of solution the bully Trump, self-admitted tax avoider, and obviously all-round spoilt brat, with a similar penchant for walls, would fully appreciate. Nor does it even seem to have occurred to Modhi. Birds of a feather flock together.

Best wishes, 2RM.
Non omnes qui errant pereunt
Not all who wander are lost

2ndRateMind
Site Supporter

Re: Modhi's wall

Post #11

Post by 2ndRateMind »

[Replying to post 10 by Tcg]

No, I think I am more transparent than that. I am merely asking what, if any, specific objection to my OP you might have. Do you think, for example, that the 'haves' have because they deserve to have? And the 'have-nots' have not because they deserve to have not?

Best wishes, 2RM.

Wootah
Savant

Post #12

Post by Wootah »

2ndRateMind wrote: Apparently Trump likes prime minister Narendra Modhi of India. It is not hard to see why. Modhi built walls along Trump's route, apparently so that the president's eyes were not offended by the sight of people living in hovels, and eking out their meagre existence amidst squalor and deprivation. Out of sight, out of mind.

One suspects that Modhi might have been capable of a little more imagination, and, if he is ashamed of his poor, actually seized on the opportunity to do something to improve their condition. But this is not the kind of solution the bully Trump, self-admitted tax avoider, and obviously all-round spoilt brat, with a similar penchant for walls, would fully appreciate. Nor does it even seem to have occurred to Modhi. Birds of a feather flock together.

Best wishes, 2RM.
Moderator Comment
Hi 2RM,

Please dont use uncivil terms such as bully or brat and also please pose a question. I think this thread is heading to RR unless we can find one.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

otseng
Savant

Post #13

Post by otseng »

Moderator Action

Moved to Random Ramblings.

Please review the Rules and Tips on starting a debate topic.

2ndRateMind
Site Supporter

Post #14

Post by 2ndRateMind »

[Replying to Wootah]

Hmmm. If the bully Donald can refer to Mrs H Clinton, repeatedly, as 'crooked Hilary', a libel without a shred of evidence to support his allegation, I think I am entitled to characterise him as the bully he is, and the spoilt brat he is, for which the evidence is manifest and obvious. Or, do you need to be American to be blind to such truth?

Now, will you kindly restore this thread to the 'Politics and Religion' topic, which is where it belongs?

Best wishes, 2RM.

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Re: Modhi's wall

Post #15

Post by Purple Knight »

Tcg wrote:I see no correlation. Modhi built a wall to hide slums. Trump wants to reinforce an existing wall to help deter illegal immigration.
I see a big correlation. I don't see any reason why walling people off should have no correlation to walling people off because some people think the line drawn in one case is more legitimate.

Yes, I do support open borders.

Do I think open borders would destroy America? As it is, yes. It would at least destroy the working class, which includes me. I'm for equality no matter the consequences.