Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

WebersHome
Guru

A Sunrise Service

Post #1

Post by WebersHome »

.[font=Verdana][/font]
[font=Georgia]FAQ[/font][font=Verdana]: Was it really necessary for Christ's crucified dead body to return to life? Why couldn't he leave it here and continue on to heaven without it?[/font]

[font=Georgia]A[/font][font=Verdana]: Well, for one thing; abandoning his crucified dead body was out of the question seeing as how Jesus predicted its recovery in John 2:19-22.

Even more important is that had Christ left his crucified dead body in a perpetual state of demise, nobody would get past the great white throne judgment that John saw in Revelation 20:11-15. I should explain.

â—� Romans 4:25 . . He was delivered over to death for our sins, and was raised to life for our justification.

The first half of that verse testifies that Christ's crucifixion completed the atonement as per Isaiah 53:6 and 1John 2:2.

However, atonements are limited. They don't have what it takes to protect people from ultimately facing justice. For that, people need their personnel files wiped.

The second half of Romans 4:25 testifies that Christ's resurrection obtains for people what his cross alone could not obtain for them.

The Greek word for "justification" is dikaiosis (dik-ah'-yo-sis) which means acquittal; defined as an adjudication of innocence.

People merely forgiven and/or pardoned still carry a load of guilt; viz: they have a record, i.e. a criminal history. Christ's resurrection makes it possible for God to delete the history so that on the books, it's as though they've never been anything but 100% innocent.

Without Christ's crucified dead body restored to life, everyone would remain on track for the sum of all fears even though he fully atoned for their sins on the cross because when the books are opened, per Rev 20:11-15, everyone's name, and a list of their sins, would still be on file in there.

â—� 1Corinthians 15:17 . . If Christ has not been raised up, your faith is useless; you are yet in your sins.
[/font]

[font=Georgia]FAQ[/font][font=Verdana]: What about a convert's new sins; the ones they commit after buying into Christ's resurrection?[/font]

[font=Georgia]A[/font][font=Verdana]: When someone buys into Christ's resurrection, God stops accusing them.

â—� 2Corinthians 5:19 . . God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them

The Greek word translated "counting" is logizomai (log-id'-zom-ahee) which means to take an inventory; i.e. an indictment.

Christ's resurrection grants converts a perpetual exoneration the very day they became one of his believing followers, and from that day forward, they will never again be in danger of missing out on the best that God has to offer.

â—� John 5:24 . . I assure you: those who listen to my message, and believe in God who sent me, have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death into life.
_
[/font]

WebersHome
Guru

Re: A Sunrise Service

Post #2

Post by WebersHome »

.[font=Verdana]
â—� John 20:24-29 . . Now Thomas (called Didymus), one of the twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came. So the other disciples told him, "We have seen the Lord!" But he said to them, "Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe it."

. . . A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you!" Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe."

. . .Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."
[/font]

[font=Georgia]NOTE[/font][font=Verdana]: It's surprising the number of Christians that I encounter online, on radio, behind pulpits, and in Sunday school refusing to believe that Christ's crucified dead body was restored to life. They resolutely insist that he came back from the dead in a so-called glorified body instead of his original body. It's a mystery to me why so many Christians have been deprived of the blessing the Lord spoke of at John 20:29.
_
[/font]