Am I Afraid of Death?

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Dimmesdale
Sage

Am I Afraid of Death?

Post #1

Post by Dimmesdale »

No. Not anymore. I used to be, but then I realized, why? Because some God is going to judge me? Because I’m not “good enough?� IF that is the case (which I no longer believe) then WHAT exactly am I supposed to DO? What can I do that would change one iota of God’s disposition toward me? Go to confession? Tried and did that; led me nowhere to be quite honest. I still don’t believe the Christian message; and I’ve made every sincere attempt to do so. Instead, I’ve learned to be comfortable in my own skin and let go of these notions of sin, the devil, etc. All I can really do is be myself, and that is the most sincere, real and ultimately non-fake attitude I can muster. If I go to hell, who cares? I can’t do anything to change that. What matters is living life here and now. And if there truly is a kind and loving God, then he doesn’t damn anyone to hell, in my opinion.

And there is a God of true Love, I strongly feel.

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Re: Am I Afraid of Death?

Post #2

Post by Aetixintro »

[Replying to post 1 by Dimmesdale]

It's my experience that self-discipline can lead you closer to God and possibly break the downward spiral of evil.

People who succumb to evil stop speaking about religion in the sense of redemption. Also remember the Purgatory to help you finding Heaven!

Best wishes. :study: :D 8-)
I'm cool! :) - Stronger Religion every day! Also by "mathematical Religion", the eternal forms, God closing the door on corrupt humanity, possibly!

Dimmesdale
Sage

Re: Am I Afraid of Death?

Post #3

Post by Dimmesdale »

Aetixintro wrote: [Replying to post 1 by Dimmesdale]

It's my experience that self-discipline can lead you closer to God and possibly break the downward spiral of evil.

Best wishes. :study: :D 8-)
I'm all for discipline. As a matter of fact, learning to get up earlier, exercise, eat healthier, and stick to appointments and responsibilities has improved my life greatly. But if I have to kowtow to a God who has impossible standards, and I can't even shoehorn myself to fit into his supposedly "all-wise" plan of dying for me, then what is the meaning of it?

Reality is not this burdensome, in my view. It is not this ugly. It is not this suffocating. God isn't out to get me, even in the not-so-subtle ways that apologists try to make him out to be. If there is a God of Love then he is approachable, and not ugly.