how can we "see" God?

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

cristian_gavrilescu
Student
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue May 12, 2020 6:36 am
Been thanked: 2 times

how can we "see" God?

Post #1

Post by cristian_gavrilescu »

we have any kind of food with any kind of taste. we have any kind of drink with any kind of taste. we have any kind of material to build and make anything we want, the world is the place to be. evolution couldn't do this. bible quote: "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:" (Matthew 7:7). this is not the kingdom of God. believe in the magic soup of darwin (satan), believe in the frog which became a prince, believe in satan. (bad advice). even if you see God, nothing can make you believe that he is God, nothing can make you believe his law, only faith can do that. how did Lord Jesus anticipate his success, the success of christianity? simple, he knows God, and he is the Son of God.
8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. (Revelation 1:8)

User avatar
Divine Insight
Savant
Posts: 18080
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:59 pm
Location: Here & Now
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: how can we "see" God?

Post #2

Post by Divine Insight »

There are two major problems with your position:
cristian_gavrilescu wrote: evolution couldn't do this.
Saying this doesn't make it true.

And the second problem with your position is that even if we were convinced that a designing God was required for our reality to exist this still wouldn't point to Hebrew mythology. Much less any specific Christian faction of it.

Hebrew mythology (i.e. the Bible) has proven itself to be clearly false via its own self-contradictory claims about its God. So there's no reason to think that Hebrew mythology has anything to do with any God even if a God did exist.

There are other religions that make far more sense. Buddhism is obviously one of them.

So even if we had a reason to believe that a designer was required for our world to exist, this wouldn't point to Islam, Zeus, Yahweh, Jesus, Apollo, or any other God myths from the middle eastern and Mediterranean region. For more intelligent theologies exist in other places of the world.

So the argument that we should take Christianity seriously just because some people claim the world had to have been purposefully designed doesn't hold any water.

~~~~

Also, getting back to the original claim that the world had to have been designed. If that's the case, then why is it so poorly designed?

Why is it that all natural sources of energy tend to pollute the environment?

Why would a creator God have purposefully designed animals that eat each other and will even attack and kill humans in many cases?

Why design poisonous snakes for example?

Why design sharks?

Why design alligators?

Why design children with birth defects?

The argument for a purposeful designer simply doesn't make any sense.

Why design diseases?

Why design hurricanes and tornadoes?

Why design volcanoes?

Why design stupid humans? Why not design them to all be geniuses?

Your argument that the world appears to be purposefully designed simply doesn't hold any water.

If it was purposefully designed, the designer is either inept or malevolent.

It sure looks more like an unintentional accident to me. O:)
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

cristian_gavrilescu
Student
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue May 12, 2020 6:36 am
Been thanked: 2 times

Post #3

Post by cristian_gavrilescu »

please read the bible, God and the world are in contradiction

25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the Lord. (Isaiah 65:25)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI1kcyKx1yQ

cristian_gavrilescu
Student
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue May 12, 2020 6:36 am
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: how can we "see" God?

Post #4

Post by cristian_gavrilescu »

Divine Insight wrote: There are two major problems with your position:
cristian_gavrilescu wrote: evolution couldn't do this.
Saying this doesn't make it true.

And the second problem with your position is that even if we were convinced that a designing God was required for our reality to exist this still wouldn't point to Hebrew mythology. Much less any specific Christian faction of it.

Hebrew mythology (i.e. the Bible) has proven itself to be clearly false via its own self-contradictory claims about its God. So there's no reason to think that Hebrew mythology has anything to do with any God even if a God did exist.

There are other religions that make far more sense. Buddhism is obviously one of them.

So even if we had a reason to believe that a designer was required for our world to exist, this wouldn't point to Islam, Zeus, Yahweh, Jesus, Apollo, or any other God myths from the middle eastern and Mediterranean region. For more intelligent theologies exist in other places of the world.

So the argument that we should take Christianity seriously just because some people claim the world had to have been purposefully designed doesn't hold any water.

~~~~

Also, getting back to the original claim that the world had to have been designed. If that's the case, then why is it so poorly designed?

Why is it that all natural sources of energy tend to pollute the environment?

Why would a creator God have purposefully designed animals that eat each other and will even attack and kill humans in many cases?

Why design poisonous snakes for example?

Why design sharks?

Why design alligators?

Why design children with birth defects?

The argument for a purposeful designer simply doesn't make any sense.

Why design diseases?

Why design hurricanes and tornadoes?

Why design volcanoes?

Why design stupid humans? Why not design them to all be geniuses?

Your argument that the world appears to be purposefully designed simply doesn't hold any water.

If it was purposefully designed, the designer is either inept or malevolent.

It sure looks more like an unintentional accident to me. O:)

tell me something you know for sure, anything, in any field

User avatar
Divine Insight
Savant
Posts: 18080
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:59 pm
Location: Here & Now
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: how can we "see" God?

Post #5

Post by Divine Insight »

cristian_gavrilescu wrote: tell me something you know for sure, anything, in any field
I'll give two examples.

I know for sure that Biblical mythology is false. Field = Theology.

Second item:

I know for sure there can be no whole number solution to the square root of 2. Field = Mathematics.

There are other things I know for sure as well, but these two should suffice for now.

And by the way, I know both of the above items for sure because they can both be shown to be correct via the fact that they both lead to self-contradictions if they weren't correct.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

cristian_gavrilescu
Student
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue May 12, 2020 6:36 am
Been thanked: 2 times

Post #6

Post by cristian_gavrilescu »

you are smart, you know a lot, nobody can reach your level

User avatar
Divine Insight
Savant
Posts: 18080
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:59 pm
Location: Here & Now
Been thanked: 7 times

Post #7

Post by Divine Insight »

cristian_gavrilescu wrote: you are smart, you know a lot, nobody can reach your level
But if a God designed all humans then this shouldn't be true right?

All humans should have precisely the same level of intelligence and understanding.

But clearly they don't.

And this would necessarily need to remain true even if I was the unintelligent one, right?

So my level of intelligence doesn't even matter.

This would be a problem for Christian theology even if I was never born.

So this is a general problem for the theology that clearly isn't specific to me, or dependent upon my existence.

You need to explain to me why all humans aren't created equally intelligent.

Evolution explains why this should be the case.

The idea of a creator God does not.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

User avatar
brunumb
Guru
Posts: 2035
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:20 am
Location: Melbourne
Has thanked: 239 times
Been thanked: 107 times

Re: how can we "see" God?

Post #8

Post by brunumb »

[Replying to post 1 by cristian_gavrilescu]
we have any kind of food with any kind of taste. we have any kind of drink with any kind of taste. we have any kind of material to build and make anything we want, the world is the place to be. evolution couldn't do this.
There is no reason why it couldn't. If you think otherwise please provide an explanation.
"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:"
Personal experience tells us that this is patently false.
Christianty: 2000 years of making it up as you go along.

cristian_gavrilescu
Student
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue May 12, 2020 6:36 am
Been thanked: 2 times

Post #9

Post by cristian_gavrilescu »

there is a catch you must listen the law, i have all i need, not all i want

User avatar
Divine Insight
Savant
Posts: 18080
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:59 pm
Location: Here & Now
Been thanked: 7 times

Post #10

Post by Divine Insight »

cristian_gavrilescu wrote: there is a catch you must listen the law, i have all i need, not all i want
I have all I need too, and I don't believe in any God.

I even have a lot of things I want. O:)

I don't have everything I want, but then who does?

Based on what you keep suggesting I shouldn't have everything I need, must less anything that I want.

How do you explain the fact that I do?
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Post Reply