Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

cristian_gavrilescu
Student

christianity is about how to be right?

Post #1

Post by cristian_gavrilescu »

you have the false impression that you must be smart. you missing the point

23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone. (Matthew 23:23)

what is point of this forum? to learn the law should be, to do justice, to teach each other how to be right

only my opinion, take the topic somewhere nobody can read it

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #2

Post by 2timothy316 »

The purpose of this thread is in the name of the website and even its domain name. To debate theology, doctrine and dogma. Its is not to tell others how dogmatic we are in our beliefs. It's not to preach either or verbally attack a person or group of people.

The purpose is not to "teach each other how to be right". What is 'right' is subjective. What you think is right another might not agree with. It's to debate why you think something is right. Then when someone doesn't agree with you use the Bible and other references to explain your position. If they don't except it, move on. The thought here in the forum is to inform not convince. Don't attack them with unsubstantiated claims or harsh speech or threats. That will get you banned.

otseng
Savant

Post #3

Post by otseng »

Moderator Action

Again, this is a debate forum, not a place to simply preach.

This will be the last admonition to please review the Rules and Tips on starting a debate topic.

cristian_gavrilescu
Student

Post #4

Post by cristian_gavrilescu »

every belief i have the bible confirms me, you talk to talk

Icey
Student

Re: christianity is about how to be right?

Post #5

Post by Icey »

cristian_gavrilescu wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 11:53 pm you have the false impression that you must be smart. you missing the point

23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone. (Matthew 23:23)

what is point of this forum? to learn the law should be, to do justice, to teach each other how to be right

only my opinion, take the topic somewhere nobody can read it
Who are you to tell others what the purpose of this forum is? That seems arrogant and pompous to say the least, even if it is an opinion. Maybe a better way is to say 'This is the purpose for me.'?
The only thing we're learning here is people have different views of the same thing. You don't learn laws, justice or anything of the like. It's all opinion here, even when supported by what some call facts because Christianity is all about personal perception.