Trump: A Possible Price On His Head

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Miles
Savant

Trump: A Possible Price On His Head

Post #1

Post by Miles »

There is serious talk about the possibility of Trump refusing to leave the White House if he looses the election

"Trump has repeatedly suggested that he might remain in office after a second term.
'Under the normal rules, Ill be out in 2024, so we may have to go for an extra term' he said at a rally last September. A year earlier, he remarked, 'President for Life . . . maybe we'll have to give that a shot someday.' It's a joke he's tossed off on several occasions, and the power of the suggestion is so strong in Trump and his followers that Joe Biden, Namcy Pelosi and former Trump attorney Michael Cohen have expressed serious concern that Trump may try to steal the election or contest the results, and not leave the White House if he loses."
Source: The Washington Post

In fact, I've heard that if Trump tries to stay in the White House after losing the election a bounty of several millions of dollars will be awarded for his assassination. Of course the assassin would have to have unequivocal evidence (s)he committed the deed, and from how I heard it, the money would go for his defense if needed, and to any family members should the person be found guilty and incarcerated or executed.

Seriously, a bounty would come as absolutely no surprise at all.

2ndRateMind
Site Supporter

Re: Trump: A Possible Price On His Head

Post #2

Post by 2ndRateMind »

I think it should be crowd-funded. Certainly I would chip in with a $ or two.

Best wishes, 2RM.
Non omnes qui errant pereunt
Not all who wander are lost

bluegreenearth
Guru

Post #3

Post by bluegreenearth »

[Replying to Miles in post #1]

Do you really want to make Trump a martyr for his base? There are more civil and emotionally gratifying methods for removing Trump if he refuses to voluntarily leave the White House. For instance, it would be cathartic to see him tranquilized and hauled out of the Oval Office. Otherwise, it would be quite humorous if the next President just let him hang-around the place like a pet goldfish.

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #4

Post by AgnosticBoy »

Miles wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:14 am .

There is serious talk about the possibility of Trump refusing to leave the White House if he looses the election

"Trump has repeatedly suggested that he might remain in office after a second term.
'Under the normal rules, Ill be out in 2024, so we may have to go for an extra term' he said at a rally last September. A year earlier, he remarked, 'President for Life . . . maybe we'll have to give that a shot someday.' It's a joke he's tossed off on several occasions, and the power of the suggestion is so strong in Trump and his followers that Joe Biden, Namcy Pelosi and former Trump attorney Michael Cohen have expressed serious concern that Trump may try to steal the election or contest the results, and not leave the White House if he loses."

In fact, I've heard that if Trump tries to stay in the White House after losing the election a bounty of several millions of dollars will be awarded for his assassination. Of course the assassin would have to have unequivocal evidence (s)he committed the deed, and from how I heard it, the money would go for his defense if needed, and to any family members should the person be found guilty and incarcerated or executed.

There is no "serious" talk about this. What's in Trump's head is not at all serious, many things he says is to troll or bait the media. If Trump loses, then he's out. PERIOD.

You also go on entertaining a viewpoint that involves a very serious and illegal matter, i.e. putting bounties on presidents. I think that's playing with fire. What's there to debate on the subject and even if I did, why would I want to make myself suspicious to the FBI or Secret Service?

Miles
Savant

Post #5

Post by Miles »

AgnosticBoy wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:44 pm

There is no "serious" talk about this. What's in Trump's head is not at all serious, many things he says is to troll or bait the media.
The serious talk mentioned wasn't what's in Trumps head, but the seriously expressed concerns of Joe Biden, Namcy Pelosi, and former Trump attorney Michael Cohen. It's all in the first paragraph.
If Trump loses, then he's out. PERIOD.
And wouldn't that be nice, but we're talking about an 11 year-old narcissist here. Someone who has a hard time understanding why his Cheerios float in a bowl of milk, but he doesn't. Other than that he appears to get more stupid with each passing day nothing else is certain about guy.
You also go on entertaining a viewpoint that involves a very serious and illegal matter, i.e. putting bounties on presidents. I think that's playing with fire. What's there to debate on the subject and even if I did, why would I want to make myself suspicious to the FBI or Secret Service?

https://www.fbi.gov/tips
If you're afraid to talk about it, or anything else for that matter, then don't. Nobody here is twisting anybody's arm.

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #6

Post by AgnosticBoy »

Miles wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:09 pm The serious talk mentioned wasn't what's in Trumps head, but the seriously expressed concerns of Joe Biden, Namcy Pelosi, and former Trump attorney Michael Cohen. It's all in the first paragraph.
But if there's no serious talk on Trump's part, then why are those 3 taking it seriously? Furthermore, why should I take someone seriously when the only option they bring up to removing him is placing a "bounty" on his head?
Miles wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:09 pm
AgnosticBoy wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:44 pmIf Trump loses, then he's out. PERIOD.
And wouldn't that be nice, but we're talking about an 11 year-old narcissist here. Someone who has a hard time understanding why his Cheerios float in a bowl of milk, but he doesn't. Other than that he appears to get more stupid with each passing day nothing else is certain about guy.
I understand your opinion and I really listen to Democrats or anti-Trumpers so I can understand where they are coming from. But I can also imagine someone trying to float the idea of assassination because they dislike him so much. People did the same to Obama. Is that why you brought up assassination? What exactly is there to discuss about that?
Miles wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:09 pm
AgnosticBoy wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:44 pmYou also go on entertaining a viewpoint that involves a very serious and illegal matter, i.e. putting bounties on presidents. I think that's playing with fire. What's there to debate on the subject and even if I did, why would I want to make myself suspicious to the FBI or Secret Service?

https://www.fbi.gov/tips
If you're afraid to talk about it, or anything else for that matter, then don't. Nobody here is twisting anybody's arm.

You can't blame me for bringing this up considering there's no real topic to debate here. It's just you throwing out some idea of a bounty and expecting us to take that seriously or engage you in it. Even if he does attempt to stay in office, why jump to assassination?

otseng
Savant

Post #7

Post by otseng »

Moderator Action

Moved to Random Ramblings. Please review the Rules and Tips on starting a debate topic.

koko

Post #8

Post by koko »

What is the source for your claim that there is some "bounty"? I have not heard or seen anything like that. If there is any truth to that claim, did you report it to the Secret Service as you are required to do?

2ndRateMind
Site Supporter

Post #9

Post by 2ndRateMind »

koko wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:42 am

What is the source for your claim that there is some "bounty"? I have not heard or seen anything like that. If there is any truth to that claim, did you report it to the Secret Service as you are required to do?
So, that's more Russian disinformation and truly 'fake news', then.

Best wishes, 2RM.
Non omnes qui errant pereunt
Not all who wander are lost