Jesus agrees in the sons of God!

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Bobcat
Apprentice

Jesus agrees in the sons of God!

Post #1

Post by Bobcat »

Psalm 82:6 “I said, ‘You are “gods”; All of you sons of the Most High”,says the Lord.

Jesus brings this verse up and in so doing confirms that He is not the only son of God.

He doesn’t contest it and say it is wrong that he alone is the son of God.

Just as in Daniel where the one like a son of man receives dominion is shown to be the holy ones of the Most High this shows that Jesus is not alone as Gods son.

Christianity is wrong in saying Jesus is Gods only son. Jesus himself testifies He is not alone.

Jesus in using Psalm 82:6 demonstrates He is not the only son of God.

Bobcat
Apprentice

Re: Jesus agrees in the sons of God!

Post #11

Post by Bobcat »

jimtatertayte wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:42 pm
Bobcat wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:04 pm
jimtatertayte wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:01 pm
Bobcat wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:50 pm
The Tanager wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:49 am In Psalm 82 it seems to be talking about the rulers of the land who are acting unjustly towards people. Jesus (John 10) has just claimed equality with the Father and is about to be stoned for blasphemy. Jesus then brings up Psalm 82, saying that the psalmist referred to those "to whom the word of the God came" as gods. Jesus does not put himself into that category, though. He gives himself a different designation. He calls himself "him whom the Father consecrated and sent into the world." The gods of Psalm 82 are those to whom the word of God came and Jesus is the one sent. Jesus is not saying these other "gods" are just like him at all. He then doesn't deny the claim of blasphemy, but says to disbelieve him if he doesn't do God's works and doubles down on being one with the Father.
God also sent those sons of God to judge the earth. It reads; “rise up O god and judge the earth.”

God the Father is telling them to judge the earth or they will die like men.

What most don’t see is Jesus wasn’t speaking personally but was showing support for those who judge. He was speaking of the prophets before Him and after. They all encompass the son and son of man.
Your own words judge you.

Matthew 12:37
For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Everyone is judged by their own words.
I agree.

What words?

“Man does not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.”
YOU:
“Man does not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.”

ME:
Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you,
Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

You try to live by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.

I on the other hand drink the blood of God and eat the flesh of God.
He dwells in me and I in Him.
But you have no idea what the son of mans flesh and blood is. How can you eat it and drink it. Another thing that verse should read; “for my flesh is true food and my blood is honest drink.”

If you understood its meaning you would live exactly as Jesus described, “by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.”

As it is written;

“My servants shall eat but you shall go hungry. My servants shall drink but you shall go thirsty.”
Last edited by Bobcat on Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jimtatertayte
Scholar

Post #12

Post by jimtatertayte »

Bobcat wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:03 am
The Tanager wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:49 am In Psalm 82 it seems to be talking about the rulers of the land who are acting unjustly towards people. Jesus (John 10) has just claimed equality with the Father and is about to be stoned for blasphemy. Jesus then brings up Psalm 82, saying that the psalmist referred to those "to whom the word of the God came" as gods. Jesus does not put himself into that category, though. He gives himself a different designation. He calls himself "him whom the Father consecrated and sent into the world." The gods of Psalm 82 are those to whom the word of God came and Jesus is the one sent. Jesus is not saying these other "gods" are just like him at all. He then doesn't deny the claim of blasphemy, but says to disbelieve him if he doesn't do God's works and doubles down on being one with the Father.
God also sent those sons of God to judge the earth. It reads; “rise up O god and judge the earth.”

What most don’t see is Jesus wasn’t speaking personally but was showing support for those who judge. He was speaking of the prophets before Him and after. They all encompass the son and son of man.

For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

I agree.

What words?

YOU:

ME:
Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

But you have no idea what the son of mans flesh and blood is. How can you eat it and drink it. Another thing that verse should read; “for my flesh is true food and my blood is honest drink.”

If you understood its meaning you would live exactly as Jesus described, “by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.”

As it is written;

“My servants shall eat but you shall go hungry. My servants shall drink but you shall go thirsty.”
Nice try...I am not going to reveal to you
how I drink the blood of God and eat His flesh.
And I do it every day.
That is the knowledge of the holy.
Only the born of God knows it.

You are the one that said this...

I am the one that replied to you...

Trying to fake me out with your shenanigans will not ever work for you.

You have already shown your hand...now you are trying to bluff me.

Bobcat
Apprentice

Post #13

Post by Bobcat »

jimtatertayte wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:36 am

I agree.

What words?

YOU:

ME:

As it is written;

And I do it every day.

I’m not trying to bluff you. It just shows that you misunderstand that the Flesh of the son of man and His blood are not what you may think. Jesus is only part of the son of man but not the only son of man.

I eat the flesh of the son of man and drink His blood daily too.

Think on this;

“You should not be seeking food that will perish but food that endures for eternal life. Food which the son of man will give you for it is upon him that God has set His seal.”
Last edited by Bobcat on Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jimtatertayte
Scholar

Post #14

Post by jimtatertayte »

Bobcat wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:52 pm

I agree.

What words?

YOU:

ME:

As it is written;

And I do it every day.

I’m not trying to bluff you. It just shows that you misunderstand that the Flesh of the son of man and His blood are not what you may think. Jesus is only part of the son of man but not the only son of man.

Think on this;

“You should not be seeking food that will perish but food that will render eternal life. Food which the son of man will give you for it is upon him that God has set His seal.”
You do not eat or drink anything of Jesus. You copied what I said in rebuttal to what you stated.
You changed your position after you read my rebuttal.

You do not even know Jesus. Jesus has never said a word to you in all your life.
All you know of anything is what you have read from someone else in a book.

Bobcat
Apprentice

Post #15

Post by Bobcat »

jimtatertayte wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:18 pm
Bobcat wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:52 pm

I agree.

What words?

YOU:

ME:

As it is written;

And I do it every day.

Think on this;

“You should not be seeking food that will perish but food that will render eternal life. Food which the son of man will give you for it is upon him that God has set His seal.”
You do not eat or drink anything of Jesus. You copied what I said in rebuttal to what you stated.
You changed your position after you read my rebuttal.

You do not even know Jesus. Jesus has never said a word to you in all your life.
All you know of anything is what you have read from someone else in a book.
No I didn’t change you just jumped to conclusions.

Oh, I’ve heard His voice alright!

Whoever is of the truth hears my voice!

jimtatertayte
Scholar

Post #16

Post by jimtatertayte »

I agree.

What words?

jimtatertayte
Scholar

Post #17

Post by jimtatertayte »

I caught you in your lie Bob. You lose again.

Bobcat
Apprentice

Post #18

Post by Bobcat »

jimtatertayte wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:40 am I caught you in your lie Bob. You lose again.
Whoever speaks on his own seeks his own glory but he who seeks the glory of the One who sent him is truthful and there is no unrighteousness in him.
Last edited by Bobcat on Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

otseng
Savant

Post #19

Post by otseng »

jimtatertayte wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:40 am I caught you in your lie Bob. You lose again.
:warning: Moderator Warning

Please do not accuse or proclaim defeat of another.

Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

jimtatertayte
Scholar

Post #20

Post by jimtatertayte »

Bobcat wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:55 pm
Whoever speaks on his own seeks his own glory but he who seeks the glory of the One who sent him is truthful and there is no unrighteousness in him.
Since you feel that strong about it
Life for life
Soul for soul
God will judge between you and I
Winner takes all

So how about it
Are you a liar or are you telling the truth?

Do you accept my challenge to you?

Yes or no?

If you do not answer with a YES
all else or no answer will be counted
that you believe before the living God
your word is no good.