The Good Hypocrite - A Very Short Story (Dark)

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Dimmesdale
Sage

The Good Hypocrite - A Very Short Story (Dark)

Post #1

Post by Dimmesdale »

I will die on Truth, good reader. Of that have no doubt. I have sold myself to that Moment, irrevocably, and will give no quarter in it. But, my friend, what does dying on truth really mean? It means being false in the highest. For I am so false, that my very truth is false. I have baptized my soul in lies. My lifeblood consists in lies. The air I breathe is a pollution of deceit. And thus I live my life, without shame, as a testimony to the very essence of fraud. But, furthermore, I am a Good Hypocrite. For there is nothing in me that is truly depraved – except my Lying. And in that way my whole life is one Blasphemy to the Almighty. Knowing that I could not pull off being an outright Fiend, I have resorted to the next best thing: “pure” evil, the most indirect smudge upon the Good Lord’s Work. I have chosen the most subterranean, the most underhanded and contemptible of sins, the type which cries out to Heaven the most: taking what is most pure, I have purposefully chosen to dirty it, - for dirt’s own sake, and not any unworthier goal. Yea, it is such a focus that I have set my mind to, not caring for anything else. In mocking my Maker I have given my very senselessness a serious façade of nobility. My hypocrisy is complete and total: a flawless quotient with no remainder. No one will ever find me out in this life. It simply is not possible. That is my happiness; that is my smile. I only await the Day, the Hour, the Moment when I will be Found Out. For only then, in the searing Lime-Light of that Judgment, will I cry out my pathetic Victory Song over my Maker and all His Children whom I have deceived in this life. I am impotent, but I choose to recast that as Supreme Omnipotence – and because I am false totally, so it is. Nothing can distract me from this Truth – this auto-deception. And so it is: an unwrestable WIN….

Dimmesdale
Sage

Re: The Good Hypocrite - A Very Short Story (Dark)

Post #2

Post by Dimmesdale »

[Replying to Dimmesdale in post #1]

Question for discussion: Does the Good Hypocrite really win? Does he really have the guts to follow through on his deceit, and face the Judgement, or will he cave into fear and cowardice and beg for mercy at the hour of death? Furthermore, wouldn't he paradoxically win anyway then, because his repentance itself would be fake? Is there any way out for the Good Hypocrite?

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #3

Post by Purple Knight »

Dimmesdale wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:49 amI have baptized my soul in lies. My lifeblood consists in lies. The air I breathe is a pollution of deceit. And thus I live my life, without shame, as a testimony to the very essence of fraud. But, furthermore, I am a Good Hypocrite. For there is nothing in me that is truly depraved – except my Lying.
Dimmesdale wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:49 amI have given my very senselessness a serious façade of nobility. My hypocrisy is complete and total: a flawless quotient with no remainder. No one will ever find me out in this life.
Ooooooh. I get it!

You're a libertarian.

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #4

Post by nobspeople »

Purple Knight wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:18 pm
Dimmesdale wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:49 amI have baptized my soul in lies. My lifeblood consists in lies. The air I breathe is a pollution of deceit. And thus I live my life, without shame, as a testimony to the very essence of fraud. But, furthermore, I am a Good Hypocrite. For there is nothing in me that is truly depraved – except my Lying.
Dimmesdale wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:49 amI have given my very senselessness a serious façade of nobility. My hypocrisy is complete and total: a flawless quotient with no remainder. No one will ever find me out in this life.
Ooooooh. I get it!

You're a libertarian.
I suspect there are good hypocrites (I see many on this site alone) in the sense of being a successful hypocrite to themselves (though that doesn't mean others don't see them for what they are).
If you're talking 'good and bad' in other terms, I guess you'd have to define what 'good' means in your question.
Have a great, potentially godless, day!