Savant

Mad Gods and Roaming Men.

Post #1

Post by William »

The Nature of Angels
Cleaning Up The Mess
The Devil You Say
Getting Off The Hook

If Yahweh be considered a mad god [evidence is plentiful] then it stands to reason that his creation must be the product of that madness.
Studying the experience of said creation from within it, one would not know one was insane if therein nature appeared reasonable, which most often it does.

The reasonable appearance may itself be the product of madness, not even thinking twice about the fact that in order to experience nature we have to eat parts of her.
This seems 'natural' because we have absolutely no evidence from the universe that there exist systems within it which do so without having to consume parts of them selves.
This exchange of energy, - consume - recycle waste - [an eternal loop?] seems to be what keeps things going, and most are content with the nature of it to the point they do not query the rationality of it.

On top of this is the fear factor, which compels humans to do the extraordinary in a bid to control that which makes us afraid all the while acting bravely in the face of death as if somehow the mad god prefers that, if men should roam, then soldiers they should be.

If it is the nature of Angels to fear falling, then how did Yahweh entice some to fall? Was it a similar task set as was set for Adam? Only on a grander scale which Angels would have a hard time resisting the temptation of.

Do the fallen Angels represent the darker side of the mad god? In his madness, did he
split his personality?

When we observe creation, do we see evidence of this split personality, in ourselves, in each other and nature in general?

I think so - once I begin to focus on trying to be rational. Rationality allows me to understand that we are all naturally 'nutters' and this understanding allows me in turn to lay judgement aside and have a chuckle about it all. What else can I expect from within the mad-house? I am nuts to expect miracles, when it is a more sane position to adopt is acceptance for what is a horrifying experience in the worst of times and yet an interesting experience in the best.

Perhaps that is how mad gods and roaming men might adjust. Stop pretending any of this is a product of sanity.

A step in the better direction...

nobspeople
Prodigy

Re: Mad Gods and Roaming Men.

Post #2

Post by nobspeople »

William wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:52 pm The Nature of Angels
Cleaning Up The Mess
The Devil You Say
Getting Off The Hook

If Yahweh be considered a mad god [evidence is plentiful] then it stands to reason that his creation must be the product of that madness.
Studying the experience of said creation from within it, one would not know one was insane if therein nature appeared reasonable, which most often it does.

The reasonable appearance may itself be the product of madness, not even thinking twice about the fact that in order to experience nature we have to eat parts of her.
This seems 'natural' because we have absolutely no evidence from the universe that there exist systems within it which do so without having to consume parts of them selves.
This exchange of energy, - consume - recycle waste - [an eternal loop?] seems to be what keeps things going, and most are content with the nature of it to the point they do not query the rationality of it.

On top of this is the fear factor, which compels humans to do the extraordinary in a bid to control that which makes us afraid all the while acting bravely in the face of death as if somehow the mad god prefers that, if men should roam, then soldiers they should be.

If it is the nature of Angels to fear falling, then how did Yahweh entice some to fall? Was it a similar task set as was set for Adam? Only on a grander scale which Angels would have a hard time resisting the temptation of.

Do the fallen Angels represent the darker side of the mad god? In his madness, did he
split his personality?

When we observe creation, do we see evidence of this split personality, in ourselves, in each other and nature in general?

I think so - once I begin to focus on trying to be rational. Rationality allows me to understand that we are all naturally 'nutters' and this understanding allows me in turn to lay judgement aside and have a chuckle about it all. What else can I expect from within the mad-house? I am nuts to expect miracles, when it is a more sane position to adopt is acceptance for what is a horrifying experience in the worst of times and yet an interesting experience in the best.

Perhaps that is how mad gods and roaming men might adjust. Stop pretending any of this is a product of sanity.

A step in the better direction...
I've always wondered about the fallen angels. Like mankind, it's taught by many churches that the angels rebelled against God and were 'cast out' (or down, depending on whom you ask for reference). So this either means they were created with free will (which many Christians cringe against) OR, they were created in order to rebel (which denotes a plan and, arguably, a questionable one at that).
Either way, to me, that concept brings God and his plan (be it a literal or figurative one) in to question.
Of course, excuses flooding from the mouths of Christians like the one in Noah's day is expected. Perhaps someone can provide a legitimate reason why this happened that doesn't rely on faith, an understanding that only the Holy Spirit can bring or any other insanity.
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

William
Savant

Re: Mad Gods and Roaming Men.

Post #3

Post by William »

There are a variety of interpretations regarding the angels which I have seen coming from the beliefs of Christians over the years, all of which are equally symptoms of the craziness our environment naturally exposes us to. Indeed, the religion itself doesn't even get off the ground and into the air without some type of belief in prior-creation of this reality simulation.

Christianity itself borrowed heavily off of prior pagan beliefs, and is best viewed in that light. It is a pagan religion, as are all religions...parading around as somehow 'legitimate' but when the costumes and masks are removed we can all discover that there are no religions which can be called legitimately 'true'. Christianity just has a habit of claiming that it is and has left historical evidence showing us all that it is prepared to commit murder to maintain that illusion.

The roaming men were gathered into armies and sent out into the world to commit heinous crimes against humanity. Our current world is the product of that activity.