Evolution: A Rubbish Fantasy (And Tin God)

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Dimmesdale
Sage

Evolution: A Rubbish Fantasy (And Tin God)

Post #1

Post by Dimmesdale »

Evolution to me is not factual. It is not rational. It is, in a word, a rubbish fantasy of Darwin.

For many years I intuitively subscribed to it, without much consideration about the details. I thought evolution simply made common sense, and so I accepted it without much reflection. Actually, I bet dollars to donuts this is what most "educated" people think of the theory. Most probably know only a handful of the basic concepts (perhaps random mutation and the death of inadequate populations - if even that). They think this makes a kind of realistic sense, not so much because they have reviewed the science with a fine tooth comb, but because their "gut" tells them this is probably how reality works. After all, science has given us, perhaps more than anything, immense perspective. Ideas of vastness, whether in terms of time scales or of the size of the universe - as well as the great intricacy behind phenomena. People apply this sense of perspective to biological life, look at a model of primates gradually morphing into anatomically modern humans, and viola, "EVOLUTION!" It simply has to be true.

Well, I have come to the conclusion that it isn't true. Not at all actually. In fact, evolution I have discovered is more or less nothing more than a Tin God. A manifestation of intellectual arrogance and domineering. As well as a cover for insecurity and a hiding of what true Reality entails. It is ironic enough that Christians run away from evolution because it challenges their worldview. This I know because I also ran from evolution. Now I laugh at what I ran from. The evolutionary worldview itself runs from actual reality in turn. People are so invested in this theory that, should it prove false, they themselves would psychologically collapse. There is, not to mention, the inconvenient whisper, which will always remain, "well, God, then...." Darwinism is self-hypnosis.

You don't like that? Well too bad. Facts remain facts even if they are not believed. And evolution remains a Tin God.

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Re: Evolution: A Rubbish Fantasy (And Tin God)

Post #11

Post by Purple Knight »

Dimmesdale wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:49 pmwhat is the adaptation/benefit of male-pattern baldness?
*elegant hair toss*

Now, while one explanation is that males may need more vitamin D than females and thus evolved to show the skin on the top of their heads to obtain more sunlight...

I actually tend to think bald people are being punished for being evil, and marked, so that we may know them.