Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

theQuestion
Banned
Banned

John 1:1- Abused for 2,000 years!

Post #1

Post by theQuestion »

It is so EASY to understand it, IF you read the context of the chapter- and the whole book!

But, for 2,000 years, Churchianity cast a spell on mankinds to think it means~

In the beginning was Jesus, and Jesus was with Jesus, and Jesus was Jesus!

Yes, Jesus IS God! But not as taught by the Churches!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let's look closer at the context here- then continue thru the whole book!

John 1:1- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2- He was in the beginning with God; 3 all things were made through him, and without him was not anything made that was made.

Since even Trinitarians admit the THREE 'Co-Equal' 'Persons' are not THREE Gods, this alone shows the Word (Jesus) isn't LITERALLY God, but represented Him- for ONE God was not WITH another God. The word was WITH the entity "God". And no Third ANYTHING is mentioned! This would have been the ideal place for the 'Trinity' to be taught and explaned, but no mention was made of it- as with the ENTIRE Bible!
You MUST worship with spirit & TRUTH!- Jesus

theQuestion
Banned
Banned

Re: John 1:1- Abused for 2,000 years!

Post #61

Post by theQuestion »

John 17:3- Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the >>> ONLY <<< true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

theQuestion
Banned
Banned

Post #62

Post by theQuestion »

John 17:4- I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do. 5- And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

Two facts revealed: that, as always, he is not literally God- since NO ONE can give God work to do, and that he lived BEFORE being born a man- which SOME churches deny.

theQuestion
Banned
Banned

Post #63

Post by theQuestion »

John 17:11- I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one >>> AS WE ARE <<< one.

So much for the Triune Gambit "I and the Father are one"!

theQuestion
Banned
Banned

Post #64

Post by theQuestion »

John 17:20- “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that >>> ALL <<< of them may be one, Father, JUST AS you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

Again, the old church spin of "I and the Father are One" Scam uterly destroyed by Jesus' words!

theQuestion
Banned
Banned

Post #65

Post by theQuestion »

John 17:25- O righteous Father, the world has not known thee, but I have known thee; and these know that thou hast sent me. 26 I made known to them thy name, and I will make it known, that the love with which thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.”

God sent Jesus. God did NOT bsend God, or 'One of Them'.
Jesus made know God's Name and Character; he knew it, thus did his disciples, even tho there was no Greek version to write.
It's the LOVE of Jehovah and Jesus that "indwells" in true Christians- not a Triad possessing their bodies.

theQuestion
Banned
Banned

Post #66

Post by theQuestion »

John 20:17- Jesus said to her, “Do not hold me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brethren and say to them, I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.” 18- Mary Mag′dalene went and said to the disciples, “I have seen the Lord”; and she told them that he had said these things to her.

So, Thomas KNEW Jesus wasn't God, but served Him- thus praising them BOTH shortly hereafter.

theQuestion
Banned
Banned

Post #67

Post by theQuestion »

John 20:21- Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I send you.”
22- And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and said to them, “Receive the holy spirit." [Ruach= Breath, Wind; an unseen power]

Again, NO ONE can SEND God anywhere!

theQuestion
Banned
Banned

Post #68

Post by theQuestion »

John 20:28- Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!

A little while back, Jesus told Mary (vs 17) that he was going to his GOD- and told Mary to relay that message to the disciples. She did- so NONE of them thought Jesus was LITERALLY God, but, instead SERVES Him (not 'Them', as in a 'Trinity'). So Thomas was clearly praising his Savior, AND the One (NOT Two or Three) that resurrected him, God.

John 20:29- Jesus said to him, “Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe.”

theQuestion
Banned
Banned

Post #69

Post by theQuestion »

John 20:31- these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ [ Anointed of God ], the son of God [ not 'God-the-Son' ] , and that believing you may have life in his name.

NO ONE anoints/appoints God to ANYTHING and Jesus is NOT any 'God-the-Son'- the EXACT OPPOSITE of " the son of God".

theQuestion
Banned
Banned

Post #70

Post by theQuestion »

And that sums up all the details proving that instead of literally BEING God, Jesus represented him....