Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

theQuestion
Banned
Banned

John 1:1- Abused for 2,000 years!

Post #1

Post by theQuestion »

It is so EASY to understand it, IF you read the context of the chapter- and the whole book!

But, for 2,000 years, Churchianity cast a spell on mankinds to think it means~

In the beginning was Jesus, and Jesus was with Jesus, and Jesus was Jesus!

Yes, Jesus IS God! But not as taught by the Churches!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let's look closer at the context here- then continue thru the whole book!

John 1:1- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2- He was in the beginning with God; 3 all things were made through him, and without him was not anything made that was made.

Since even Trinitarians admit the THREE 'Co-Equal' 'Persons' are not THREE Gods, this alone shows the Word (Jesus) isn't LITERALLY God, but represented Him- for ONE God was not WITH another God. The word was WITH the entity "God". And no Third ANYTHING is mentioned! This would have been the ideal place for the 'Trinity' to be taught and explaned, but no mention was made of it- as with the ENTIRE Bible!
You MUST worship with spirit & TRUTH!- Jesus

theQuestion
Banned
Banned

Re: John 1:1- Abused for 2,000 years!

Post #31

Post by theQuestion »

John 6:67-Jesus said to the twelve, “Do you also wish to go away?”
68- Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life;
69- and we have believed, and have come to know, that you are the holy one of God.”

The Apostles didn't think Jesus was God....

theQuestion
Banned
Banned

Post #32

Post by theQuestion »

John 7:16- So Jesus answered them, “My teaching is not mine, but His who sent me; 17 if any man’s will is to do His will, he shall know whether the teaching is from God or whether I am speaking on my own authority.

Jesus referred to God as ONE who sent him, not TWO, and that HIS authority is over Jesus'

theQuestion
Banned
Banned

Post #33

Post by theQuestion »

John 8:25- They said to him, “Who are you?” Jesus said to them, “Even what I have told you from the beginning.
26- I have much to say about you and much to judge; but He who sent me is true, and I declare to the world what I have heard from Him.” 27- They did not understand that he spoke to them of the Father.
28- So Jesus said, “When you have lifted up the son of man, then you will know that I am he, and that I do nothing on my own authority but speak thus as the Father taught me.
29- And He who sent me is with me; He has not left me alone, for I always do what is pleasing to Him.”

Jesus obediance was more than just love- but a Deep Respect for the power and Authority for his God.
NO ONE can teach and command HIM!

theQuestion
Banned
Banned

Post #34

Post by theQuestion »

John 8:39- They answered him, “Abraham is our father.” Jesus said to them, “If you were Abraham’s children, you would do what Abraham did, 40- but now you seek to kill me, a man who has told you the truth which I heard from God; this is not what Abraham did.

Yet AGAIN Jesus speaks of God as someone else, NEVER claiming to be a part of Him!

theQuestion
Banned
Banned

Post #35

Post by theQuestion »

Try and fit the Catholic 'Trinity' into THIS~

John 8:42- Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I proceeded and came forth from God; I came not of my own accord, but HE sent me."

Did one God come from another God?
Did one God send another God?

Or, is it just too unbelievable to think that God sent one of His sons?

theQuestion
Banned
Banned

Post #36

Post by theQuestion »

John 9:3- Jesus answered, “It was not that this man sinned, or his parents, but that the works of God might be made manifest in him.
4- We must work the works of Him who sent me, while it is day; night comes, when no one can work.

Again, Jesus shows God to be somneone else, one who SENT him.
Also note the word "manifest", to understand how the Word (Jesus) was 'manifest' in the flesh (as a man)!

theQuestion
Banned
Banned

Post #37

Post by theQuestion »

Even those Jesus HEALED knew he wasn't God.

John 9:32- Never since the world began has it been heard that any one opened the eyes of a man born blind.
33- If this man were not from God, he could do nothing.”

theQuestion
Banned
Banned

Post #38

Post by theQuestion »

John 9:35- When Jesus heard what had happened, he found the man and asked him, “Do you believe in the Son of Man?”
36- The man answered, “Tell me who he is, sir, so that I can believe in him!”
37-Jesus said to him, “You have already seen him, and he is the one who is talking with you now.”
38- “I believe, Lord!” the man said, and knelt down before Jesus. ['Worshipped' in most translations]

Jesus did not I dentify himself as God or part of a 'Trinity' but as~

Dan 7:13- I saw in the night visions, and behold, with the clouds of heaven there came one like the Son of Man,
and he came to the Ancient of Days and was presented before him.

theQuestion
Banned
Banned

Post #39

Post by theQuestion »

Jesus says, contrary to Churchianity, that he would be laying down his life (not just his body)- see how he had the guarantee of a resurrection, and what it was based on~

John 10:17- ‘That’s why the father loves me, because I lay down my life, so that I can take it again.
18- Nobody takes it from me; I lay it down of my own accord. I have the right to lay it down, and I have the right to receive it back again. This is the command I received from my father.’

theQuestion
Banned
Banned

Post #40

Post by theQuestion »

John 10:27- ‘My sheep hear my voice. I know them, and they follow me.
28- I give them the life of the coming age. They will never, ever perish, and nobody can snatch them out of my hand.
29- My father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and nobody can snatch them out of my father’s hand.

Jesus refer's to his God & Father as bein bg greater, superior, saying HE is the reason no one can "snatch" thgem out of HIS hand....
So, his next words are EASY to understand for those that believe him, but as long proven- NOT for Trinitarians~

John 10: 30- I and the father are one.’

Pausing here, we all know they try and pervert his to mean Jesus IS his own Father, to 'prove' he is literally God- even though he says later (ch 17) that his FOLLOWERS were ALSO one with him JUST AS hewas one with God! But, it doesn't stop THERE- they even denied his denial!~

John 10:31- So the Judaeans once more picked up stones to stone him.
32- ‘I’ve shown you many fine deeds from the father,’ Jesus replied to them. ‘Which of these deeds are you stoning me for?’
33- ‘We’re not stoning you for good deeds,’ replied the Judaeans, ‘but because of blasphemy! Here you are, a mere man, and you’re making yourself into God!’

Pay attention now~

John 10:34- ‘It’s written in your law, isn’t it,’ replied Jesus to them, ‘ “I said, you are Gods?” [Referring to the Judges of Israel]
35- If he called them Gods to whom the word of God came (and scripture cannot be broken),
36- do you say of him whom the Father consecrated and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said,
‘I am >>> the SON <<< of God’?
37- If I am not doing the works of my Father, then do not believe me;
38- but if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me and I am in the Father.”
39- Again they tried to arrest him, but he escaped from their hands.anaged to get away from them.