Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Benson
Banned
Banned

Prov. 10:19 and Theologians.

Post #1

Post by Benson »

"In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his lips is wise."

Christ followed His own Word such that He spoke only in germane and concise manner upon any given topic. He never spoke His entire mind upon any issue, but spoke only unto the specifics of a particular person, audience, or Divine venue.

Theologians today imagine their words and publishings constitute a reality, possibly trying to imitate the reality of God's expressed Word which they attempt to enlarge. The published volumes of their words upon Scripture are in violation of Proverbs 10:19. Yet, they are not wise enough to admit this.

God laughs as He speaks Proverbs 10:19 without any "context," and apart from any "cultural/historical hermeneutic." The published volumes of contrived theologies sit on the shelves, while The Word of God continues to be living and active. The Pharisees worshipped their Talmud, the Theologians today worship their Systematic Theology.

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Re: Prov. 10:19 and Theologians.

Post #2

Post by Checkpoint »

Benson wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:59 pm "In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his lips is wise."

Christ followed His own Word such that He spoke only in germane and concise manner upon any given topic. He never spoke His entire mind upon any issue, but spoke only unto the specifics of a particular person, audience, or Divine venue.

Theologians today imagine their words and publishings constitute a reality, possibly trying to imitate the reality of God's expressed Word which they attempt to enlarge. The published volumes of their words upon Scripture are in violation of Proverbs 10:19. Yet, they are not wise enough to admit this.

God laughs as He speaks Proverbs 10:19 without any "context," and apart from any "cultural/historical hermeneutic." The published volumes of contrived theologies sit on the shelves, while The Word of God continues to be living and active. The Pharisees worshipped their Talmud, the Theologians today worship their Systematic Theology.
You have summed up an assessment of theologians and their writings.

Who or what should they have been worshiping, then?

How about you; who or what do you worship, Benson?

Benson
Banned
Banned

Post #3

Post by Benson »

Thanks for your question about myself. However, I am still working my way out of both the dependence upon modern Professional Church Talkers, and my way out of having been trained to permit my triggers and switches to be controlled by those who claim to represent Modern Christendom.

But, God has given me both a measure of freedom in His Word, and strength to continue. The desires God has for His people are they will irreversibly have:

1.) A broken and contrite heart.
2.) A diligent search for Him through Christ.
3.) Confession of all sins.
4.) The works of obedience to Christ's Commands.
5.) Faith in His Identity, Death, and Resurrection.
6.) The indwelling Holy Spirit.

Theology without deeds is dead.
Last edited by Benson on Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

otseng
Savant

Post #4

Post by otseng »

Moderator Action

Moved to Random Ramblings. Please review the Rules and Tips on starting a debate topic.

Benson
Banned
Banned

Post #5

Post by Benson »

I will continue to assume the Mods here are accomplishing Godly assessments. Praise God He owns this forum. Praise God for His favor upon small the small minds of child like Christians.