Moderator: Moderators

Benson
Banned
Banned

The Filth of Limited Atonement.

Post #1

Post by Benson »

Ephesians 3:19 "To know the love of Christ which passes knowledge."

Here is a conundrum. How possibly can we "know" something which "passes knowledge?" The only rationale available for this typical Pauline jabber is this: The first use here of the idea to "know" (#1097 ginosko, "(in a great variety of applications), be aware, feel, know, perceive, be resolved, be sure, understand") involves knowing in the sense of "experiencing." Whereas, the second use of ginosko/know refers to the inability to "understand."

What does "knowing" in Eph. 3:19 have to do with the filth of limited atonement? Here it is. Those who proclaim a limited atonement of Christ have neither an understanding of Christ's Love, nor have experienced His Love. Yet they claim to theologically systematize a description of His Love within their volumes of their "work," and to dictate its definition to Believers. Christ's death dealt with the sins if the entire World.

It would be best for the moderators in here to confine their "work" to editing only the most offensive postings of the heathen in here who can only speak slander against God. Otherwise, keep silent.

Miles
Savant

Re: The Filth of Limited Atonement.

Post #2

Post by Miles »

Benson wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:33 pm Ephesians 3:19 "To know the love of Christ which passes knowledge."

Here is a conundrum. How possibly can we "know" something which "passes knowledge?" The only rationale available for this typical Pauline jabber is this: The first use here of the idea to "know" (#1097 ginosko, "(in a great variety of applications), be aware, feel, know, perceive, be resolved, be sure, understand") involves knowing in the sense of "experiencing." Whereas, the second use of ginosko/know refers to the inability to "understand."

What does "knowing" in Eph. 3:19 have to do with the filth of limited atonement? Here it is. Those who proclaim a limited atonement of Christ have neither an understanding of Christ's Love, nor have experienced His Love. Yet they claim to theologically systematize a description of His Love within their volumes of their "work," and to dictate its definition to Believers. Christ's death dealt with the sins if the entire World.

It would be best for the moderators in here to confine their "work" to editing only the most offensive postings of the heathen in here who can only speak slander against God. Otherwise, keep silent.
Just as a FYI, it's not all that smart to tell the moderators here to keep their mouths shut. It's not only stupid, but uncalled for. They do a heck of job trying to keep discussions on an even keel and do it fairly. That you have posting problems isn't their fault, but your own.

Benson
Banned
Banned

Post #3

Post by Benson »

It is the work of The Holy Spirit to conduct conversations to though His People upon the Word and Salvation through Christ.

Have you been self appointed with your personal opinion, or have you been directed by God to give your advice above?

Miles
Savant

Post #4

Post by Miles »

Benson wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:07 pm It is the work of The Holy Spirit to conduct conversations to though His People upon the Word and Salvation through Christ.
I haven't the faintest idea what you're talking about when you say "to though." AND what practical relevance it has to what I said. OR is all this just preaching?
Have you been self appointed with your personal opinion,
"Been self appointed with"? I don't self-appoint myself with anything; although, like other people I do form opinions. Is that what you mean to ask: do I have my own opinion? Answer: yes.
or have you been directed by God to give your advice above?
In as much as I've seen no reason to believe god exists, there's no reason to believe such a being gives anyone anything.

Benson
Banned
Banned

Post #5

Post by Benson »

Do you know what God claims to be?

otseng
Savant

Post #6

Post by otseng »

Moderator Action

Moved to Random Ramblings. Please review the Rules and Tips on starting a debate topic.