Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Benson
Banned
Banned

Can Humans Decide What Is Truth?

Post #1

Post by Benson »

"There is a way which seems right into a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death." (Prov. 16:25)

Here in King Solomon's pronouncements, God's Word is so strong and effective from the pages of Scripture it needs not a context.

This verse identifies "a man," rather than a group of men, being subject to a delusion which comes from his own sense of how "something seems to be," or "seems necessary to do." More than leading to folly or loss, it leads to death.

This Godless thinking causes death of:
Marriages.
Careers.
Finances.
Their own life.
Other's lives.
Ambitions.

The value of sincerity, personal intuition, feelings, points of view, and cart blanc creativity when without God is hereby shown. This is what New Life in Christ will fix.

Dimmesdale
Sage

Re: Can Humans Decide What Is Truth?

Post #2

Post by Dimmesdale »

Benson wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:03 am "There is a way which seems right into a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death." (Prov. 16:25)

Here in King Solomon's pronouncements, God's Word is so strong and effective from the pages of Scripture it needs not a context.

This verse identifies "a man," rather than a group of men, being subject to a delusion which comes from his own sense of how "something seems to be," or "seems necessary to do." More than leading to folly or loss, it leads to death.

This Godless thinking causes death of:
Marriages.
Careers.
Finances.
Their own life.
Other's lives.
Ambitions.

The value of sincerity, personal intuition, feelings, points of view, and cart blanc creativity when without God is hereby shown. This is what New Life in Christ will fix.
There is a "double aspect" to humans when it comes to their orientation towards the truth, that is both positive and negative.

On the one hand, you are right. When it comes to humans sans God's guiding hand, we are prone to many defects. An avalanche of such defects in fact, because human nature is so radically mired in dysfunction in the current atmosphere of illusion we find ourselves in. We cannot tell our left hand from our right, because of how saturated we are in delusive thinking -- both by nature and due to the close proximity to the sources of dysfunction in the physical world.

On the other hand, human nature is not compromised in terms of its essential quality. This is because human nature, when the muck and mire of material darkness is wiped away, is actually still gold. I do not take the view that human nature in and of itself is utterly depraved. It just has been so long associated in our negative atmosphere for so long, so conditioned, however, that it seems there is no respite. But actually, once we purify ourselves sufficiently, we can see that our orientation is to naturally sync up with truth. Truth is not foreign to us once we become situated in our proper orientation to it. But this takes time and patience -- like panning for gold -- to undo all the stupid that has covered this innate goodness. Once that innate goodness comes out though, then I disagree with the Biblical notion that the human can't take any intuitive initiative on her own.
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Re: Can Humans Decide What Is Truth?

Post #3

Post by Purple Knight »

Benson wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:03 am "There is a way which seems right into a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death." (Prov. 16:25)
Right, so we have to go against out consciences and choose faith. We have to do what seems wrong to us instead of what seems right.

(I really wish this fellow hadn't been banned; he has some interesting things to say.)

Now, the question is, who do I put my faith in? Who do I blindly trust? Some religions say turn right, others say go up, the only thing they agree on is that what I think about which way I ought to go belongs in the garbage and isn't even fit to be considered.

So it's a guessing game, then. Instead of pick-a-door, it's pick-who's-trustable. I'll go with door number three, Sally. Oh, too bad, that religion was deceiving you. Hell is behind that door. Too bad. Down you go!