Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Benson
Banned
Banned

Rationalism.

Post #1

Post by Benson »

"But when he, the spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth; for he will not speak on his own initiative, but whatever he hears, he will speak; and he will disclose to you what is to come." (John 16:13)

"Sanctify them through thy [The Father's] truth; thy word is truth." (John 17:17)

Rather than using tradition, analogy, extra dimensional perception, intuitive feelings, specious nouveou, mutual contradictions, and nonmodeled authority, Science today seeks to be based upon human observation and the rationale of logic. The logic is either deductive by calculation, or is inductive by implication.

Rather than describing the workings of Science as the basis for truth, The Bible states God's Word is truth as it is conveyed into human consciousness by The Holy Spirit. John 16:13 describe what Science cannot do:

1.) "He the spirit of truth comes."
Science is not an entity which comes, but potentially exists within the mechinations of human sentience.

2.) "He will guide you into all truth."
Science only demands through deduction or suggests through implication. Science does not guide as does wisdom from a principle. Science does not address all truth, but only what is known from the human physical senses. Science exists not of itself, but only by means of tools giving measurements and by the logic of analysis.

3.) "For he will not speak on his own initiative."
Science speaks only upon the presence of its own derived data. Science itself does not act.

4.) "But whatever he hears."
Science is not sentient upon hearing anything.

5.) "He will speak."
Science itself has no voice apart from human thought.

6.) "He will disclose to you what will come."
Science can only predict certain specific actions of observed matter, but cannot accurately predict future human, earthly, or cosmic events.

"The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, meekness, temperance.". (Gal. 5:22)

Science neither pursues, identifies, nor produces any of these human aspects which are essential for the integrity and continuation of mankind.

"God has sent forth the spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, 'Abba Father!'" (Gal. 4:6)

Science has no Father in heaven, and systematically seeks only itself.

Science is based upon the Realm of Satan, because it encompasses the knowledge of both good and evil by denying that distinction. Using Science, humans remain unable to measure and control good and evil, which are the undeniable outcomes of all human pursuits.

Benson
Banned
Banned

Re: Rationalism.

Post #31

Post by Benson »

Tcg wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:41 pm
Benson wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:36 pm
Tcg wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:11 pm
Benson wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:06 pm
Tcg wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:21 pm
Benson wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:18 pm
Tcg wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:13 pm
Benson wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:04 pm The Brittanica.com definition of technology does not come from The Bible.
We agree there. The relevance of this statement remains a mystery, however.

Tcg
The relevance of this statement is clear.
Then it should be easy for you to explain its relevance. What have you?

Tcg
The corect relevance of Science to God...
I didn't ask about the relevance of science to God. I asked about the relevance of your statement as follows:
The Brittanica.com definition of technology does not come from The Bible.

Tcg
Using Brittanica.com to state the carpentry of Jesus was technologically scientific is not valid. Omniscient and Omnipotent God does not need the operation of science to do anything He wants.
You stated that Jesus' carpentry involved the use of technology. I agreed and explained exactly what technology involves. Are you now suggesting your claim was fallacious?

Tcg
Not at all. I am sure you have endless ideas and questions to chat about.

Let's go ahead and prepare for babbling tongues tomorrow in some sort of victorious impartation. I am sure it can be made to happen.

Tcg
Savant

Post #32

Post by Tcg »

Benson wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:24 pm
Great. We agree then that given that carpentry involves technology and that technology involves science we can safely state that Jesus used science.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Benson
Banned
Banned

Post #33

Post by Benson »

Tcg wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:30 pm
Benson wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:24 pm
Great. We agree then that given that carpentry involves technology and that technology involves science we can safely state that Jesus used science.

Tcg
Lol. Do your best to remember "we" does not include others outside of your imagination.

Have you ... prayed ... about having a word of knowledge upon Jesus' carpentry? Maybe?

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #34

Post by Athetotheist »

Benson wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:37 amDo your best to remember "we" does not include others outside of your imagination.
I exist outside of Tcg's imagination.

"....religion without science is blind."
--Albert Einstein (deistic scientist)