Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Benson
Banned
Banned

Women in Jesus' Life.

Post #1

Post by Benson »

Here in this topic and thread lies one component of true Theology, which can easily be discussed by anyone.

There is no reference made in Scripture which shows the intuitive feelings and sentiments of any woman ever being part of God's Love unto mankind. Yes, the prostitute "sinner" woman in Luke 7 anointed Jesus' dirty feet with expensive perfume and tears, using her hair. When Jesus washed the feet of the Disciples He used the more effective means of a basin with water and a towel. He was not taken up with the emotional nonsense of a woman using her tears and hair. And, He washed everybody's feet.

Jesus spoke to His own Mother in response to her bossiness about the wine at Cana, "Woman, What have I to do with you?" He later even denied she was His authentic and significant mother, stating "these" Followers were more of a mother and family to Him. When as a youth at the Temple, He told His mother she did not know what He was doing in life. He did not "let her know where he was going to be" during a youth activity. He pointed the ignorance she possessed in spite of how she previously had experienced first hand the Angel's proclamation, Jesus' Divine conception, the witness of Zacharias and Anna in the Temple, the witness of John's Mother, the incredible kindness and Faithfulness of Joseph unto God's purposes, and the fulfilled Prophecies about Him.

He put the the Syrophoenician Greek "dog" Woman in her place. Yes, Jesus did cast the demon out from her daughter, but only because she was thinking like a Man, not because she was being intuitive and emotional. Jesus upbraided Martha for her attempt to be intuitively kind and hospitable by providing lunch. In all these instances, He was showing His Disciples they did not need listen to the ideas of women beyond knowing how to tolerate them. In all of this, Jesus never verbally taught about women with elaboration, but let His actions speak. It was as if He was saying, "Yah guys, we can all easily see this."

Jesus never spoke "Thank you" or "I love and appreciate you" to any Woman for her special attention given to any matter. Was He mistreating them? No. He was showing how they are to be used as a resource, rather than as any sort of authority. Women by nature, beginning with sin free and "perfect" Eve in The Garden, are merely reactiven upon matters, and carry no leadership potential. Read what Proverbs says about Women and how we are to think of their intuition based pursuits.

Paul states in the Kingdom of God there is "neither male nor female," thereby showing the uniqueness of "being a woman" is of no particular value to God.
Last edited by Benson on Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tcg
Savant

Re: Women in Jesus' Life.

Post #2

Post by Tcg »

Moderator Comment

What is the question for debate?

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.
Benson wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:37 pm Here in this topic and thread lies one component of true Theology, which can easily be discussed by anyone.

There is no reference made in Scripture which shows the intuitive feelings and sentiments of any woman ever being part of God's Love unto mankind. Yes, the prostitute "sinner" woman in Luke 26 anointed Jesus' dirty feet with expensive perfume and tears, using her hair. When Jesus washed the feet of the Disciples He used the more effective means of a basin with water and a towel. He was not taken up with the emotional nonsense if a woman using her tears and hair. And, He washed everybody's feet.

Jesus spoke to His own Mother in response to her bossiness about the wine at Cana, "Woman, What have I to do with you?" He later even denied she was His authentic and significant mother, stating "these" Followers were more of a mother and family to Him. As a youth, He told His mother she did not know what He was doing in life. This was after she had experienced first hand the Angel's proclamation, Jesus' Divine conception, the witness of Zacharias and Anna in the Temple, the witness of John's Mother, the incredible kindness and Faithfulness of Joseph unto God's purposes, and the fulfilled Prophecies about Him.

He put the the Syrophoenician Greek "dog" Woman in her place. Yes, Jesus did cast the demon out from her daughter, but only because she was thinking like a Man, not because she was being intuitive and emotional. Jesus upbraided Martha for her attempt to be intuitively kind and hospitable by providing lunch. In all these instances, He was showing His Disciples they did not need listen to the ideas of women beyond knowing how to tolerate them. In all of this, Jesus never verbally taught about women with elaboration, but let His actions speak. It was as if He was saying, "Yah guys, we can all easily see this."

Jesus never spoke "Thank you" or "I love and appreciate you" to any Woman for her special attention given to any matter. Was He mistreating them? No. He was showing how they are to be used as a resource, rather than as any sort of authority. Women by nature, beginning with sin free and "perfect" Eve in The Garden, are merely reactiven upon matters, and carry no leadership potential. Read what Proverbs says about Women and how we are to think of their intuition based pursuits.

Paul states in the Kingdom of God there is "neither male nor female," thereby showing the uniqueness of "being a woman" is of no particular value to God.

Benson
Banned
Banned

Post #3

Post by Benson »

Tcg wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:49 pm Moderator Comment

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.
Benson wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:37 pm Here in this topic and thread lies one component of true Theology, which can easily be discussed by anyone.

There is no reference made in Scripture which shows the intuitive feelings and sentiments of any woman ever being part of God's Love unto mankind. Yes, the prostitute "sinner" woman in Luke 26 anointed Jesus' dirty feet with expensive perfume and tears, using her hair. When Jesus washed the feet of the Disciples He used the more effective means of a basin with water and a towel. He was not taken up with the emotional nonsense if a woman using her tears and hair. And, He washed everybody's feet.

Jesus spoke to His own Mother in response to her bossiness about the wine at Cana, "Woman, What have I to do with you?" He later even denied she was His authentic and significant mother, stating "these" Followers were more of a mother and family to Him. As a youth, He told His mother she did not know what He was doing in life. This was after she had experienced first hand the Angel's proclamation, Jesus' Divine conception, the witness of Zacharias and Anna in the Temple, the witness of John's Mother, the incredible kindness and Faithfulness of Joseph unto God's purposes, and the fulfilled Prophecies about Him.

Jesus never spoke "Thank you" or "I love and appreciate you" to any Woman for her special attention given to any matter. Was He mistreating them? No. He was showing how they are to be used as a resource, rather than as any sort of authority. Women by nature, beginning with sin free and "perfect" Eve in The Garden, are merely reactive upon matters, and carry no leadership potential. Read what Proverbs says about Women and how we are to think of their intuition based pursuits.

No debate I can see. Just good information not commonly given to seeking hearts.
Last edited by Benson on Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tcg
Savant

Post #4

Post by Tcg »

Benson wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:52 pm
Tcg wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:49 pm Moderator Comment

Please review the Rules.

Benson wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:37 pm
No debate I can see. Just good information not commonly given to seeking hearts.
Moderator Action

Moved to Random Ramblings. Please review the Rules and Tips on starting a debate topic.

tam
Savant

Post #5

Post by tam »

Peace to you,

Interesting how you describe that woman's deeds - which came from her great love - as emotional nonsense, when Christ Himself spoke well of her and what she did for Him (something He said that she did out of her great love for Him; that having been forgiven much, she loved much). Christ even told her that her faith had saved her, and to go in peace.

Love is not emotional nonsense.

Later, Christ also praised the woman for pouring perfume on his feet:

Why are you bothering this woman? She has done a beautiful thing to me. The poor you will always have with you,[a] but you will not always have me. When she poured this perfume on my body, she did it to prepare me for burial. 13 Truly I tell you, wherever this gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her.”

Maybe some men should take heed of the question He asks at the start of that quote?

Jesus spoke to His own Mother in response to her bossiness about the wine at Cana, "Woman, What have I to do with you?" He later even denied she was His authentic and significant mother, stating "these" Followers were more of a mother and family to Him. When as a youth at the Temple, He told His mother she did not know what He was doing in life. This was after she had experienced first hand the Angel's proclamation, Jesus' Divine conception, the witness of Zacharias and Anna in the Temple, the witness of John's Mother, the incredible kindness and Faithfulness of Joseph unto God's purposes, and the fulfilled Prophecies about Him.
I think you might be seeing those examples with an eye to find fault, but please note that Christ rebuked those He loved - both male and female. He also ensured that His mother was cared for after His death (and resurrection). His words had nothing to do with the fact that she was a woman. You also seem to have entirely overlooked the fact that He was referring to more than just his mother:

While [Jesus] was still speaking to the crowds, His mother and brothers stood outside, wanting to speak to Him. 47 Someone told Him, “Look, Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to You.” 48But [Jesus] replied, “Who is My mother, and who are My brothers?”…

He put the the Syrophoenician Greek "dog" Woman in her place. Yes, Jesus did cast the demon out from her daughter, but only because she was thinking like a Man, not because she was being intuitive and emotional.

You are making up your own reasons and ignoring what Christ said:

“O woman, great is your faith! Be it done for you as you desire.”

Nor did He insult her to begin with. He came for the lost sheep of Israel (the Jews and the Samaritans) and only afterward did the invitation open up to the Gentiles as well. Yet He still did as she asked because of her great faith.

Jesus upbraided Martha for her attempt to be intuitively kind and hospitable by providing lunch. In all these instances, He was showing His Disciples they did not need listen to the ideas of women beyond knowing how to tolerate them. In all of this, Jesus never verbally taught about women with elaboration, but let His actions speak. It was as if He was saying, "Yah guys, we can all easily see this."
You are overlooking the fact that while He taught Martha that she was worried about many things (when only one thing mattered), He also said that Mary (the woman who poured perfume on his feet, washed his feet with her tears and hair) had chosen what was right and that it would not be taken away from her.

We (who are in Christ) are one in Christ. Male or female. We are all to love one another as Christ has loved us. We are to SERVE one another.

Jesus never spoke "Thank you" or "I love and appreciate you" to any Woman for her special attention given to any matter.

Christ loved women just as He loved men. He taught and disciplined women just as He taught and disciplined men (something done out of LOVE). He certainly SHOWED His love: saving the woman's life who had been brought to him for adultery, giving His life for His Bride (made of both men and women); teaching and disciplining where needed; and see above examples.

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

Benson
Banned
Banned

Post #6

Post by Benson »

tam wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:30 pm Peace to you,

[/quot
Interesting how you describe that woman's deeds - which came from her great love - as emotional nonsense, when Christ Himself spoke well of her and what she did for Him (something He said that she did out of her great love for Him; that having been forgiven much, she loved much). Christ even told her that her faith had saved her, and to go in peace.

Love is not emotional nonsense.

Later, Christ also praised the woman for pouring perfume on his feet:

Why are you bothering this woman? She has done a beautiful thing to me. The poor you will always have with you,[a] but you will not always have me. When she poured this perfume on my body, she did it to prepare me for burial. 13 Truly I tell you, wherever this gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her.”

Maybe some men should take heed of the question He asks at the start of that quote?

Jesus spoke to His own Mother in response to her bossiness about the wine at Cana, "Woman, What have I to do with you?" He later even denied she was His authentic and significant mother, stating "these" Followers were more of a mother and family to Him. When as a youth at the Temple, He told His mother she did not know what He was doing in life. This was after she had experienced first hand the Angel's proclamation, Jesus' Divine conception, the witness of Zacharias and Anna in the Temple, the witness of John's Mother, the incredible kindness and Faithfulness of Joseph unto God's purposes, and the fulfilled Prophecies about Him.
I think you might be seeing those examples with an eye to find fault, but please note that Christ rebuked those He loved - both male and female. He also ensured that His mother was cared for after His death (and resurrection). His words had nothing to do with the fact that she was a woman. You also seem to have entirely overlooked the fact that He was referring to more than just his mother:

While [Jesus] was still speaking to the crowds, His mother and brothers stood outside, wanting to speak to Him. 47 Someone told Him, “Look, Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to You.” 48But [Jesus] replied, “Who is My mother, and who are My brothers?”…

He put the the Syrophoenician Greek "dog" Woman in her place. Yes, Jesus did cast the demon out from her daughter, but only because she was thinking like a Man, not because she was being intuitive and emotional.

You are making up your own reasons and ignoring what Christ said:

“O woman, great is your faith! Be it done for you as you desire.”

Nor did He insult her to begin with. He came for the lost sheep of Israel (the Jews and the Samaritans) and only afterward did the invitation open up to the Gentiles as well. Yet He still did as she asked because of her great faith.

Jesus upbraided Martha for her attempt to be intuitively kind and hospitable by providing lunch. In all these instances, He was showing His Disciples they did not need listen to the ideas of women beyond knowing how to tolerate them. In all of this, Jesus never verbally taught about women with elaboration, but let His actions speak. It was as if He was saying, "Yah guys, we can all easily see this."
You are overlooking the fact that while He taught Martha that she was worried about many things (when only one thing mattered), He also said that Mary (the woman who poured perfume on his feet, washed his feet with her tears and hair) had chosen what was right and that it would not be taken away from her.

We (who are in Christ) are one in Christ. Male or female. We are all to love one another as Christ has loved us. We are to SERVE one another.

Jesus never spoke "Thank you" or "I love and appreciate you" to any Woman for her special attention given to any matter.

Christ loved women just as He loved men. He taught and disciplined women just as He taught and disciplined men (something done out of LOVE). He certainly SHOWED His love: saving the woman's life who had been brought to him for adultery, giving His life for His Bride (made of both men and women); teaching and disciplining where needed; and see above examples.

Peace again to you,
tammy
Yes. Thank you for demonstrating how all women think in terms of things being merely "interesting," making assessments in terms of "maybe," of what "seems to be," of what "cannot be taken away from her" when we are commanded to give more even after people "take our cloak" from us, and what "I [you yourself] think." In these words above from you, I read exactly what exists in women that Jesus spoke and acted beyond.

Tell me, have you ever washed anyone's feet with your tears, perfume, and your hair? Yes? No? Or, should it just instead be emotionally talked about?

This issue is not about you or myself, but about what Jesus actually did and taught. Jesus does not need to be defended, but proclaimed.

tam
Savant

Post #7

Post by tam »

Peace again to you,
[Replying to Benson in post #6]

Yes. Thank you for demonstrating how all women think in terms of things being merely "interesting,"
It is not interesting to me, Benson. It should be interesting to you though, to note that your comments and reactions to these accounts are not consistent with Christ and His words/example.
making assessments in terms of "maybe," of what "seems to be,"
Your beliefs and responses are yours to examine. The rules of this forum do not permit making personal comments about another person. I simply pointed out that your comments and conclusions are not in line with what Christ teaches.
of what "cannot be taken away from her" when we are commanded to give more even after people "take our cloak" from us, and what "I [you yourself] think."

Then why try to take something away from her?
In these words above from you, I read exactly what exists in women that Jesus spoke and acted beyond.
Except that what you wrote in your OP is not in line with what Christ teaches (in word and example).
Tell me, have you ever washed anyone's feet with your tears, perfume, and your hair? Yes? No? Or, should it just instead be emotionally talked about?
What does it matter what I have or have not done? I thought this thread was not about me or you? How does what I have or have not done change the fact that Christ spoke well of the woman and what she did, saying that it came from her great love (for the one who is forgiven much, loves much)? Or that what He spoke well of, you are calling emotional nonsense?

Peace again to you,
tammy

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #8

Post by nobspeople »

[Replying to Benson in post #1]
While it's believed by many, Paul 'speaks for God', it must be understood that this may not be the case.
Beyond that, if this does, indeed, mean 'being a woman' is no particular value of God, so also must be said of 'being a male'.

Maybe, one could say that, in today's world of 'gender identity', these people are 'doing God's work'. In other words, God doesn't care about male/female and neither should we, in as much as it pertains to a person's value.
Have a great, potentially godless, day!