Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Benson
Banned
Banned

Doctrine of 1 Cor. 5:11-13, 1 Cor. 7:2

Post #1

Post by Benson »

"I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, ... For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? Do not you judge them that are within? But them that are without God Judges. Therefore put away from yourselves that wicked person."

"To avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband."

The discussion of heterosexuality is to be this:

1.) The only New Testament reason for Christians to get married is to "avoid fornication." No other NT reason is given for pursuing marriage of Christians. Not for "love," not for "raising up Godly children," not for "showing an example of Christ loving His Church," not for "replenishing the Earth," not "because I just feel so comfortable with him/her!", not "because we just feel like the Lord brought us together!", not "because we share so much!" Only to avoid fornication.

2.) Non Christians outside of the Church can get married however they wish, and Churches are not obligated to marry them.

3.) Christians are to neither say nor do anything about sexual sin in the World. They are to personally avoid it, and not to judge it. There is no obligation from God for Christians to make sexual sin outside of the Church illegal.

3.) Christians who claim to be brothers yet commit sexual sin are to be judged and "avoided" by the Church.

Actually, God says in 7:7 "For I would that all men were even as myself [unmarried Paul]."

Praise God for the clarity of His Word.

Miles
Savant

Re: Doctrine of 1 Cor. 5:11-13, 1 Cor. 7:2

Post #11

Post by Miles »

Benson wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:05 am
Miles wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:29 am
Benson wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:55 am
Miles wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:20 pm
Benson wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:16 am
Miles wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:35 am
Benson wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:21 am You actually wonder that?
Only because it seems unreasonable.

Why does it seem unreasonable?
Because god gave half the people penises and the other half vaginas, but doesn't like it when they put the two together, especially when he made the coupling sooo tempting. So why bother with penises and vaginas at all? Why not simply give everyone two holes; one for urination and one for defecation, or combine the two functions into one hole?

Have you prayed about this?
What would praying do?

Praying would acknowledge God and His ability to answer the question you have. If your question means anything, He will answer it.
My question was rhetorical. Presented only to show how unreasonable point "1.)" in your OP is in light of the difference in male and female genitalia. An unreasonableness you obviously fail to grasp.

Benson
Banned
Banned

Post #12

Post by Benson »

Miles wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:29 pm

Because god gave half the people penises and the other half vaginas, but doesn't like it when they put the two together, especially when he made the coupling sooo tempting. So why bother with penises and vaginas at all? Why not simply give everyone two holes; one for urination and one for defecation, or combine the two functions into one hole?

What would praying do?

Praying would acknowledge God and His ability to answer the question you have. If your question means anything, He will answer it.
My question was rhetorical. Presented only to show how unreasonable point "1.)" in your OP is in light of the difference in male and female genitalia. An unreasonableness you obviously fail to grasp.

In other words, you are unable to articulate much of anything here by clearly stating it. Not my problem.

Miles
Savant

Post #13

Post by Miles »

Benson wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:19 pm

What would praying do?

In other words, you are unable to articulate much of anything here by clearly stating it. Not my problem.
Nah, just funnin' with you a bit until you saw how silly your 1.) is and had to back away. :evil:

Have a good day :mrgreen:

Benson
Banned
Banned

Post #14

Post by Benson »

Miles wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:07 pm
Benson wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:19 pm

What would praying do?

Nah, just funnin' with you a bit until you saw how silly your 1.) is and had to back away. :evil:

Have a good day :mrgreen:

"But I [Jesus] say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgement." (Matt. 12:36)

Yes, it is funnin' how you just shot yourself in the foot. Good luck. My day is great.