Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Benson
Banned
Banned

Proverbs 31

Post #1

Post by Benson »

Proverbs 31 is the summation for God's Women regarding their life and pursuits. It clearly specifies:

1.) God's Women who will be productive are to be married to a Man, and not remain celebrate or a lesbian.

2.) Women are to be continuously engaged in egalitarian material work, rather than "Chatting and sharing with my best friends over coffee and lunch!", or "Just taking time for myself to refresh and think!" No mention is made of "Building relationships in Church and at Womens' retreats which I just love, and having so many memories over the years! We always just laughed so much!"

3.) Women are instructed to keep their mouths shut, and get the work done. Their only talk is to be for "wisdom" in vs. 26. Any sort of priority for sharing their "feelings, needs, and hopes" is not part of Proverbs 31. Thinking about "how things and people just seem to be" is not to be part of their personalities or conduct.

4.) Verses 1-9 are instructions for men, with vss. 8 & 9 stating how they should intentionally "Open their mouth" upon issues of morality, principle, and authority. No possibility is given to the Woman of Proverbs 31 to do so. It is assumed they have not the capacity.

This Proverb is the timeless Word of God, rather than some point of discussion or option to be considered.

Benson
Banned
Banned

Re: Proverbs 31

Post #2

Post by Benson »

Benson wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:30 pm Proverbs 31 is the summation for God's Women regarding their life and pursuits. It clearly specifies:

1.) God's Women who will be productive are to be married to a Man, and not remain celebrate or a lesbian.

2.) Women are to be continuously engaged in egalitarian material work, rather than "Chatting and sharing with my best friends over coffee and lunch!", or "Just taking time for myself to refresh and think!" No mention is made of "Building relationships in Church and at Womens' retreats which I just love, and having so many memories over the years! We always just laughed so much!"

3.) Women are instructed to keep their mouths shut, and get the work done. Their only talk is to be for "wisdom" in vs. 26. Any sort of priority for sharing their "feelings, needs, and hopes" is not given. Thinking about "how things and people just seem to be" is not to be part of their personalities or conduct.

4.) Verses 1-9 are instructions for men, with vss. 8 & 9 stating how they should intentionally "Open their mouth" upon issues of morality, principle, and authority. No possibility is given to the Woman of Proverbs 31 to do so. It is assumed they have not the capacity.

5.) Isaiah ch. 3 lists what mindless and vain Women wear and look like, so we can identify them. Their outfits show the condition of their hearts.

This Proverb is the timeless Word of God, rather than some point of discussion or option to be considered.
Last edited by Benson on Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

William
Savant

Post #3

Post by William »

Benson wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:30 pm

This Proverb is the timeless Word of God,

a claim without evidence.

rather than some point of discussion or option to be considered.
True that

Haven
Guru

Post #4

Post by Haven »

Benson wrote: Proverbs 31 is the summation for God's Women regarding their life and pursuits. It clearly specifies:

3.) Women are instructed to keep their mouths shut, and get the work done. Their only talk is to be for "wisdom" in vs. 26. Any sort of priority for sharing their "feelings, needs, and hopes" is not part of Proverbs 31. Thinking about "how things and people just seem to be" is not to be part of their personalities or conduct.

I find these requirements sexist, homophobic, anti-asexual, and objectionable, not wise or respectable in any way.
You will need to provide some evidence for this assertion.

In addition, for what its worth, even if you could prove that these bigoted edicts were from the mouth of your god, I would not follow them. They would indicate to me that your god is a sexist, homophobic dictator, and unworthy of my worship. I will never bow before a bigot.

-Haven
♥ Haven (she/her) ♥
♥ Kindness is the greatest adventure ♥

Tcg
Savant

Post #5

Post by Tcg »

Moderator Action

Moved to Random Ramblings. Please review the Rules and Tips on starting a debate topic.
Benson wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:31 pm
Benson wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:30 pm Proverbs 31 is the summation for God's Women regarding their life and pursuits. It clearly specifies:

3.) Women are instructed to keep their mouths shut, and get the work done. Their only talk is to be for "wisdom" in vs. 26. Any sort of priority for sharing their "feelings, needs, and hopes" is not given. Thinking about "how things and people just seem to be" is not to be part of their personalities or conduct.

Benson
Banned
Banned

Post #6

Post by Benson »

William wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:04 pm
Benson wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:30 pm

This Proverb is the timeless Word of God,

a claim without evidence.

rather than some point of discussion or option to be considered.
True that
Have you informed Him of that? Yes? Perhaps not?

Haven
Guru

Post #7

Post by Haven »

Benson wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:17 pm
Benson, have you ever considered the possibility that you might be wrong? That God might believe otherwise and you are misreading or misinterpreting the Scriptures? Why or why not?

I'm sorry if my last response came out a bit harsh. Your sexist post hit a nerve, as a nonbinary woman, but I shouldn't have let emotions get in the way.
♥ Haven (she/her) ♥

Benson
Banned
Banned

Post #8

Post by Benson »

Haven wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:28 pm
Benson wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:17 pm
Benson, have you ever considered the possibility that you might be wrong? That God might believe otherwise and you are misreading or misinterpreting the Scriptures? Why or why not?

I'm sorry if my last response came out a bit harsh. Your sexist post hit a nerve, as a nonbinary woman, but I shouldn't have let emotions get in the way.
Is it God's will that nonbinary women exist by their own choice?

Haven
Guru

Post #9

Post by Haven »

[Replying to Benson in post #8]

How about you show some evidence that your god:

1. Exists
2. Holds the positions you claim he does?

Merely quoting the Bible is not enough. Why should a nonbeliever conclude that your god is real, and that he possesses the bigotries you claim he does?

P.S. I'm sorry, I'm not going to stop existing. My existence is beautiful, and I'm long since over being shamed for who and what I am.
♥ Haven (she/her) ♥