Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Benson
Banned
Banned

The Current Method of Church Teaching

Post #1

Post by Benson »

It requires just a single question spoken to any Professional Church Talker or put to any White Knuckled Theologian to send them into their default answer. If asked, "Do you have The Mind of Christ which Paul declares Believers to have?", their default answer is "Well, we all are in the process of it being given."

If asked, "Are you led by the Holy Spirit into all truth?", their answer again is, "Daily obedience and persistence upon His Word provides us with increasing Truth from God." Or something like that.

If asked, "Do you comprehend the breadth, length, depth, and height of Christ's Love?", they marvelously disclose, "We will not fully understand the Love of Christ until Glory in Heaven."

This default mode of ever being in a process to have what Scripture repeatedly states is in place for the here and now is nothing more than a milque toast excuse. They paint this excuse upon their own lack performance of in order to hide their false doctrines. They even call this process "necessary."

"If any man be in Christ, all things are new. The old has gone, the new has come." Jesus never spoke about "trying to obey His Commands," He only spoke of either obeying or rejecting His Commands. Jesus never spoke of Paul's invention "The Old Man." That is only from Paul the Speculator, who spoke nonstop rationalizations and motivational speech.

In fact, Paul in prison goes further into this idea of a default process, strangely presenting himself as vicariously operating that process inside of other people. "Ye are all partakers of my grace." (Phil. 1:7) "I shall abide and continue with you all for your furtherance and joy of faith." (vs. 25) "I be offered upon the sacrifice and service of your faith." (Phil. 2:17) "Brethren, be followers together of me." (Phil. 3:17) "Those things, which you have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do." (Phil. 4:19).

Then there is, "[You Colossian Believers] Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you." (Col. 1:24) "News Flash! Hey Paul, all we care about is that Jesus suffered, died, resurrected for us. Your sufferings accomplish nothing for us that we should rejoice about." How twisted here is Paul's description of himself? He is not Christ.

Then, he arrives at the statement, "For our conversation is in heaven." (3:20) What? "Paul, you are not in heaven as you write this, you are sitting in prison on Earth."

Paul was diligent. A very excited Believer. Very steeped in his conversion away from Pharisaic error. A phenomenon within the Church. But, he went too far. He is neither our means nor our example. He adds nothing to what Christ provided and stated.

otseng
Savant

Re: The Current Method of Church Teaching

Post #2

Post by otseng »

Moderator Action

Moved to Random Ramblings. Please review the Rules and Tips on starting a debate topic.