The Temple of Logic

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Dimmesdale
Sage

The Temple of Logic

Post #1

Post by Dimmesdale »

I consider myself a very logical person, whether people agree with me or not. In fact, I consider Logic to be religious. I am that devoted to being logical.....

But, just because I reside in The Temple of Logic, doesn't mean I ought to be arrogant.

I do not want to BOAST of the Truth, even though it is the Truth. To be BOASTFUL, and ARROGANT, and DOMINEERING is to mar the Truth. It is not to Live Out the Truth in a good way.

That is my perennial challenge. I have to realize more and more that living in the Temple of Logic is a privilege, and something that I can lose if I am not careful.

Ask yourself: are you, yourself, qualified to reside within the Sacred Temple of Logic, or are you causing Truth and Rationality to be stained by your way of life, which may be (and probably is, let's be honest) in at least some ways inimical to Truth?

I want above all for God to smile upon me, that I may reside peacefully and happily forevermore, in the Temple of Logic....

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Re: The Temple of Logic

Post #2

Post by Purple Knight »

Dimmesdale wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:03 amAsk yourself: are you, yourself, qualified to reside within the Sacred Temple of Logic,
If I ever find it, I'll be qualified to be in it precisely because I found it.

And I'll promptly be kicked out of it because I'll question the dogma of whoever is already in there.

And I'll resume the search, because that wasn't it.

This is one of those times when an otherwise silly meme is actually true.

I think it goes something like:
♫ Life is a highway, I wanna ride it all night long, all night long ♫

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #3

Post by Athetotheist »

Dimmesdale wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:03 am I consider myself a very logical person, whether people agree with me or not. In fact, I consider Logic to be religious. I am that devoted to being logical.....

But, just because I reside in The Temple of Logic, doesn't mean I ought to be arrogant.

I do not want to BOAST of the Truth, even though it is the Truth. To be BOASTFUL, and ARROGANT, and DOMINEERING is to mar the Truth. It is not to Live Out the Truth in a good way.

That is my perennial challenge. I have to realize more and more that living in the Temple of Logic is a privilege, and something that I can lose if I am not careful.

Ask yourself: are you, yourself, qualified to reside within the Sacred Temple of Logic, or are you causing Truth and Rationality to be stained by your way of life, which may be (and probably is, let's be honest) in at least some ways inimical to Truth?

I want above all for God to smile upon me, that I may reside peacefully and happily forevermore, in the Temple of Logic....
"Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end."
--Spock

Miles
Savant

Post #4

Post by Miles »

Dimmesdale wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:03 am I consider myself a very logical person, whether people agree with me or not. In fact, I consider Logic to be religious. I am that devoted to being logical.....

Ah yes. The Temple of Logic on the planet Vulcan.

"The Temple of Logic
The Temple of Logic was an temple located on the planet Vulcan at Mount Seleya, built in the ancient history of the Vulcan civilization. (TOS novel: Captain's Blood) "
source

Dimmesdale
Sage

Post #5

Post by Dimmesdale »

Miles wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:22 pm

Ah yes. The Temple of Logic on the planet Vulcan.

"The Temple of Logic
The Temple of Logic was an temple located on the planet Vulcan at Mount Seleya, built in the ancient history of the Vulcan civilization. (TOS novel: Captain's Blood) "
source

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I actually discovered that bit of trivia not too long after posting the OP.